Author Topic: 2004 E3  (Read 1712 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
2004 E3
« on: May 13, 2004, 12:02 AM »

This makes me glad I bought a GC!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2004 E3
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 01:42 PM »
New Metroid

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2004, 01:44 PM »

This makes me glad I bought a GC!

Fantastic!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2004, 01:59 PM »
This looks cool too, EA brings a LOTR Role Playing Game

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2004, 03:22 PM »
So the big buzz this year is the new handhelds from Nintendo and Sony.  I just found my old original Gameboy and realized how fun it is to be able to have a portable gaming unit.  Sounds like the Gameboy family is still the way to go but I am intrigued by the new Sony as well.  Anyone have some tips for a handheld dinosaur???

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2004, 03:30 PM »
Anyone have some tips for a handheld dinosaur???

Yes.

Get thee to a nunnery game store pronto, and pick up a GameBoy Advance SP, along with one of the GBA:SP Metroid games, WarioWare, and Namco Museum.  

Prepare to have some fun.

Have some fun.

Thank me later.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

SilverZ

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2004, 09:43 PM »
Ok, so I have to vent. I made it down to the show yesterday morning. I've been to every stinking E3 since they began, and this has been, by far, the most packed (people-wise) and least inspired (game-wise) show yet.

It's sad when the most interesting thing in the show is the fact the Jean Reno's likeness and voice is being used for the player-character in Onimusha 3. Everything in Nintendo's booth was to be expected; Sony had everything that could be expected, and little that seemed to be sleeper-hit material. MS had a big area and making a big deal of EA finally going Live with their titles. My previous employers have done a fine job at ensuring that Capcom's Nightmare Before Christmas game looks beautiful and plays terrible. Yay!

Xbox Republic Commando was out on the floor. Looks fun, fun, fun, but it's Rainbow Six in Star Wars clothes. Nothing wrong with that, but just typical of the whole industry at the moment... derivative.

Oh, and OCB, get an SP, but plan on getting a DS later, which is backwards compatible, is backlit, and will have a nifty Metroid Prime game.