Author Topic: 500th commemorative figure... Vader?  (Read 79782 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: 500th commemorative figure... Vader?
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2005, 01:59 PM »
So how many of you pre-ordered this guy online vs. waiting to see what retailers will carry this item?

I'm assuming this item will hit the shelves once the big dogs reset their planograms in July.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2005, 02:13 PM »
I was tempted to preorder it at Amazon when I preordered the evolution sets, but I've held off so far.  I'm hoping that all the major retailers will be stocking this one, and he won't be too tough to find.  Vader does seem to always sell though, no matter what, so hopefully he won't be too tough to find.  I'm holding out hope for now though :).

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2005, 04:05 PM »
I have to wait for retailers and a time when I can smuggle it past my wife :)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2005, 05:57 PM »
I try to order off line sparingly, so it's retail for me.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2005, 06:26 PM »
As a few of my Canadian brethren can likely testify, it's looking like our retail sources are drying up faster than Tatooine after a rainfall.

Since I decided there's likely no chance to see this up here, I bit the bullet and ordered Mr. 500 online.  More expensive?  Yes, but only $2 more, so at least I know I'll get it.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2005, 12:13 AM »
Since retail space for this line is shrinking faster than me in a cold pool, I think I'll need to order this and the Evolutions sets online. I think I'll also need to order #45 and up since I'm now two waves behind.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2005, 04:06 PM »
Over the weekend as I was checking the Target computer listings for Star Wars toys I came across a couple different DPCI #'s for upcoming toys. I found the 500th Darth Vader and Evolution Sets. Here are the DPCI #'s for them.

500th Vader - 087061124
Evolution - 087061357
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2005, 04:28 PM »
I'm passing on this one...if it was a two piece helmet or a full meditation chamber...then I'd bite.  But with the superior Evolutions Vader, I can live without this one methinks unless I get one in trade or JD gives one away, then I'd take it :P

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 20, 2005, 04:59 PM »
I'm passing on this one...if it was a two piece helmet or a full meditation chamber...then I'd bite.  But with the superior Evolutions Vader, I can live without this one methinks unless I get one in trade or JD gives one away, then I'd take it :P

But you'll still pick up the first one you see for your friend that's getting you drunk before Pearl Jam.

lovingly,

parasite
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #114 on: June 20, 2005, 05:03 PM »
I might have to take some penicillin :P

Yeah, I'll get you one :-*

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #115 on: June 22, 2005, 05:35 PM »
Well according to reports on RS & Yakface people found it today at the TRU I go to. I was there today and didnt find anything. :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2005, 09:36 AM »

I'm torn, but I have the same beef with it that you do Scott.  Had it been the full chamber I KNOW I'd be very interested in the piece, but Hasbro cheaped out and made it a less than stellar figure.  And I agree also that the Evo figure is superior anyway...  So I'm contemplating why I would bother with this.  It looks nice packaged, but I'm not much of a packaged guy...  I dunno. 

I may get it just to leave boxed (like the 25th sets), but I'm still very disappointed in the execution of it.  All it needed to be was the complete meditation chamber for me to change my opinion on it though...  I could stand a "lesser" figure if we got a nice item to display OUT of the box. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2005, 10:44 AM »
I'll probably get it and leave it as a display item. From the looks of the package, you can still use the arm to raise/lower the helmet on vader. yeah I wish they'd made the complete meditation chamber but oh well - they didn't.
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2005, 10:59 AM »
With the already nice VOTC Vader, and now what looks to be an even better Evolutions Vader on the way...I'm leaning towards leaving this packaged as well.  I very rarely keep anything "in box", but this looks like it might display better that way anyways...since we're not exactly getting the top portion of the chamber.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2005, 11:07 AM »
I think it's a neat piece - allbeit overpriced, I'll still pick one up to leave packaged (next to my 300th Fett).

Would've been nice if the helmet was a removable two piece design...