Author Topic: Helter Skelter  (Read 3235 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: Helter Skelter
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2004, 01:15 PM »
I missed it. I am sure it will be re-aired. I will catch it then.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2004, 01:53 PM »
 Still want to see the Nightstalker one too, plus this Manson one.

I remember watching the Nightstalker movie back when it first appeared on television, my parents were gone that night (may of been in Hawawii) and my grandmother was watching us.  I was 9 years old at the time and was having some bad time at school becuase of ongoing events that were happening here in L.A at the time.  While we were watching the movie a dog started to howl/bark in the neighborhood and my grandmother makes the comment that "when a dog howl/barks it means someone was going to die".  Having been told this while watching this movie scared me alot more then just watching the movie alone.  

Really, that freaks me out now!  My dogs always howl/bark in the middle of the night.  Now, I wonder what is by my window, when I am sleeping?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2004, 04:15 PM »
The Nightstalker is a great show. I got them on VHS.

When I was a kid, last century,  ;)  I remember watching the original episodes of The Twilght Zone & Outer Limits. Some of them scared the bejebus out of me.

To watch them now I just laugh at them.  ;D

DSJ, I think you may be thinking of a different tv show then what Matt #1 and me are talking about.  The Night Stalker movie which we were talking about is the story about one of the worst/well known serial killers in Califorina's History.  Most if not all of SoCal was in a state of terror wondering who, where and when this killer would strike again.  Sells of guns, dogs, and security systems increase dramatically in that summer and even though we were in a heat wave people slept with the windows closed and locked.  

Really, that freaks me out now!  My dogs always howl/bark in the middle of the night.  Now, I wonder what is by my window, when I am sleeping?
I doubt that this is something that really happens it may only be that the dogs are barking at the sirens of police, ambalances or fire trucks that are going to scenes where someone may of died which cause some to think this.  What toubled me that night was more so the fact that I was watching a movie about the animal that murdered my other grandmother and wasn't sure what to expect them showing in the movie.  Luckly they left out her murder from the movie and I didn't have to deal with any of that until I read a book that came out in 1998 or so.