Author Topic: Grand Moff Tarkin  (Read 4525 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Grand Moff Tarkin
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2004, 11:33 AM »
Ask Chris Berry :-*

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2004, 12:19 PM »
I'll go ahead and bump that URL for you again -

www.grandmofftarkin.co.uk

::)

Seriously, definately contact Chris Berry if you really want to get in touch with LFL - Chris has dealt with LFL a couple of times I think.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2004, 01:06 PM »
There is a band called Nerf Herder, and I don't think they had any problems. Granted, Grand Moff Tarkin is probably a little more blatant, but still.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2004, 02:30 PM »
"Grand Moff Tarkin" is a trademark owned by Lucasfilm. (Note the ™ on the packaging after his name.)

"Nerf-herder" is a term made up of toy brand trademarked by Hasbro followed by a generic word. It's used in a single line of dialogue, not a formal name. I doubt Lucasfilm sees much sense registering that one.

To contact Lucasfilm regarding the use of their trademarks, send a letter to the attention of their Publicity Department at the following address:

P.O. Box 10228
San Rafael, CA 94912

Good luck.
Post sober.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2004, 06:36 PM »
To contact Lucasfilm regarding the use of their trademarks, send a letter to the attention of their Publicity Department at the following address:

P.O. Box 10228
San Rafael, CA 94912

Good luck.

I'm glad this was brought up, actually--because there's this RV dealer here in The Okay State that is using the Indiana Jones theme in their advertisements.  

Bugs the hell out of me every time I see it--not only are they using it (which I assume they don't have consent for), but they're also chopping the hell out of it.

I was trying to decide if I should contact someone about it, and this looks like a good place to start.

Hopefully Kerr Country RV will be joining the esteemed ranks of C & D-recipients, along with Chris Berry and Luke Skyywalker. . .
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2004, 09:23 AM »
That's what we in the Licensing biz call "oversaturation." A great little tune like that becomes so commonplace, even if you hear it in its proper context (like Indiana Jones IV), you're sick of it.

Yeah, I imagine George would frown on that. Send him a letter. Tell him I said "Hi."
Post sober.