Author Topic: San Diego Comic Con 2004  (Read 35679 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
San Diego Comic Con 2004
« on: May 15, 2004, 11:10 AM »
I was just curious if anyone was going?  We might find ourselves out in CA about this time (July 25-27th) and it would be cool to hit this show one day as I need to grab  the Master Replica exclusive mini saber.  I've never been to this before but I know some people that have and said it was a blast.  

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 01:23 PM by Jeff »
Beth

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone going to San Diego Comic Con???
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 04:47 PM »
Anyone have a link or more info/ticket information on SDCC?  I would like to pick up a couple of those Star Wars exclusives.  Thanks in advance. :)
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2004 San Diego Comic Con
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 06:27 AM »
We might find ourselves out in CA about this time (July 25-27th) and it would be cool to hit this show one day as I need to grab  the Master Replica exclusive mini saber...

You mean that it would be cool to hook up with some of your fellow JD'ers, right Beth?!   ;)  If you go, we'll definitely have to get together out there.  Maybe grab lunch or something.  I'll shoot you my cell phone # if you do make it out, and we'll hook up!   8)   (I also went ahead and split this off into a new thread, so I wouldn't get confused as to which exclusives I'm supposed to be trying to get for people...  :P)

Ricardo, haven't seen the 2004 Comic Con site up yet, but I may have missed it.  Don't know much on the details at this point, but they will be having a Luke Stormtrooper Gentle Giant bust as an exclusive there, along with the Silver Sandtrooper figure as well...  If you're going, we'll have to hook up again too!

From everything I've read around the Net, it sounds like there's supposed to be a very large Star Wars presence there this year, MUCH bigger than last year's.  Should be very cool!  I'll definitely be there, so if anyone else is planning on attending, give us a shout here, and we'll try to set up a JD lunch or something!

Feel free to beg for the exclusives here as well, and I'll jot 'em all down and see if I can round any up for you guys.  I think they're limiting the Luke Stormie bust to ONE per person this time 'round (supposedly), and I've already got one spoken for at this point.  I'll do my best on the rest of the stuff though...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 06:33 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2004, 03:25 PM »
OK, begging:

Puhleease take Patty and get me a Luke bust as well.  Also a silver sandtrooper.  More to follow ;)

Seemingly not much info released yet that I could find.  A few other exclusives but relatively little yet.  

Muppets - gold tuxedo Gonzo?? Not sure how accurate that is.  I'd take one for my good wife the muppet collector ;D

Riddick - Vin Diesel's character in the new movie coming out called ________  Not sure if it's a Riddick figure or another character.  

Mattel He-Man - She-Ra figure is confirmed.  Don't know if anyone here is collecting this anymore, but I'm not.  

Mezco - I think these guys are having an exlusive, but I don't know yet what it is.  

Minimates - these guys should have one too.  

McFarlane - I may have missed it, but I don't think there's one from TMP.  
« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 03:31 PM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2004, 03:44 PM »
Silver Sandtrooper!      

I have to find a begging smilie.  ;D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2004, 11:12 AM »
Doing a little searching around, I found that Antonia Ellis who played Lt. Joan Harrington in the Gerry Anderson series U.F.O. will be at her first convention.

She will be signing autographs in the FAB Gear booth.

Meet UFO's Antonia Ellis at the San Diego Comic Con International!

UFO star to appear at US comic convention!

Antonia Ellis TV series "UFO"

Now I'm a big Gerry Anderson fan & would very much appreciate if someone can get me her autograph no doubt on a picture from the series.

Can anyone help me.  [Inserts begging smilie here.] Please.   :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 08:14 PM »
Now I'm a big Gerry Anderson fan & would very much appreciate if someone can get me her autograph no doubt on a picture from the series.

Can anyone help me.  [Inserts begging smilie here.] Please.   :-*

How much are you willing to pay for her autograph and picture?  They usually charge for these things, I think.  What kind of picture would you want?  The fanciest one?  The cheapest one?  The sexiest one?  What?  Give me more details, including her appearance times, and I'll give it a shot!   ;)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2004, 03:00 AM »
Well no times have been confirmed thus far that I can see. This is what I have found out via the net:

Join us in San Diego this Summer to meet UFO star Antonia Ellis at the San Diego Comic Con International on Saturday and Sunday, July 24th and 25th.
Antonia will be greeting fans and signing autographs in the FAB Gear booth at designated times both days. This will be her first convention appearance ever!

To keep the aisle in front of the booth from becoming congested, Antonia will sign one brought item per person for free, plus any photos or merchandise purchased at the FAB Gear booth. To find out what times she will be signing, stop by the FAB Gear booth anytime during the convention, from Wednesday night July 21st through Sunday July 25th.

Theres nothing on the Comic Con site. Comic-Con International 2004!

Now if I had something she could sign, it would be free & I'm not sure what they have for merchandise at the booth.  :-\

Sarah Michelle Gellar is going to be there.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2004, 12:00 AM »
I received a nice email today from a gentleman from the first link in my above post from the Fab Gear USA site. He mentioned that the color photos of Antonia will be $10. & the autograph will be free on the photos.

They will have other merchandise there that is also available on there site.

With the Thunderbirds movie coming around the corner, there should be some nice stuff there & other Gerry Anderson stuff too.  8)

So all I have to do is wait till I get a time on her appearance.

It was also mentioned that they may have some autographed photos available on there site. Will come in handy just incase you can't get one Matt.

I'd like to take this time & Thank Anthony for his email & informing me on the costs.  

I will update will more once I find out for information.  ;)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2004, 11:09 AM »
Other exclusives, though I can't recall all the stuff I read:

Mattel Batman: grey and blue with figure removing the mask ???

Minimates: no, no minimate that I can find.  Oops.

Muppets: Super Beaker with three interchangeable heads.  I could use one of these for the wife ;)
« Last Edit: June 1, 2004, 10:40 AM by Morgbug »
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 5, 2004, 06:14 AM »
Tickets are now on sale for the Official Star Wars Fan Club Breakfast.  Anyone planning on going?   From SWS.com:

Admission to the event includes breakfast at the classy Marriott Hotel & Marina, one of Hasbro's exclusive silver-painted sandtrooper action figures, a goody bag of treasures from the Lucasfilm Licensing archives, plus the chance to chat with Steve Sansweet, head of Fan Relations at Lucasfilm, and others. A few lucky fans will be drawn to receive exceptional prizes, too!

The silver-painted sandtrooper action figure will make its debut at Comic-Con International. The Official Fan Club breakfast is the one place you'll be able to get your hands on this figure that week without standing in line.

The Fan Club Breakfast is produced by the Official Star Wars Fan Club and is the first of a series of events planned for this summer. Seats are very limited, and expected to sell out quickly.

Admission is $57.32* per person while seats are available. Cost of the breakfast does not include admission to San Diego Comic-Con, which takes place in the convention center next door to the Marriott.

Breakfast registration is limited to members of the Official Star Wars Fan Club, but each member may also purchase one ticket for one guest. This guest is not required to be a member, but must be accompanied by the member at the breakfast.

Orders are limited to two tickets per person, while supplies last. Orders for more than two tickets, or orders made by non-Fan Club members, will be cancelled and the service fee plus a $20.00 cancellation fee will be charged.

This is a "Will Call" event. To be admitted to the Fan Club Breakfast July 24 you must bring your confirmation number and a photo ID to the event. Your confirmation number will be emailed to you once you place your order. Shortly after, you will receive an email with details of the event.

Admission to the Star Wars Fan Club Breakfast is non-refundable. The Official Star Wars Fan Club will not issue a refund for an admission after it has been purchased, and we will not issue a refund for a lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed ticket.

*All prices of taxable items include California sales tax reimbursement computed to the nearest mill.
Lucasfilm

I tried to buy my ticket,and when it states log into your Hyperspace account and hit "recalculate order" to recieve your Fan Club discount I get zip? ???  Anyone else get this too? Just want to make sure I get my discount if there is one,before I place my order.

-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 08:30 AM »
This year will be my very first trip to SDCC. I hear it will be an awesome year for SW,  plus all the awesome exclusives. (Hope I can save enough  money, SW Weekends left me pretty broke!)

Was considering the FC breakfast, but want to make sure to get into the convention very early Saturday for autographs. So many things to do at this convention!!!

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2004, 04:09 PM »
Anyone interested in splitting the cost of a hotel room for the event?  Feel free to contact me privately. Male or female, but non smoking room .

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 5, 2004, 09:48 AM »
Hey Matt!  :-*

UPDATE:
Antonia will give an hour long talk at the convention on Saturday, July 24th at 11:00 A.M. in Room 1A at the Convention Center. She will be signing autographs afterwards at the FAB Gear booth, as well as later in the day Saturday and on Sunday the 25th.

To keep the aisle in front of the booth from becoming congested, Antonia will sign one brought item per person for free, plus any photos or merchandise purchased at the FAB Gear booth. To find out what times she will be signing, stop by the FAB Gear booth (Booth #816) anytime during the convention, from Wednesday night July 21st through Sunday July 25th.

There will be only 3 photos of Antonia at the booth so I guess I'll for for all 3.  ;) Hope this helps out a bit.  :)

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #14 on: July 8, 2004, 08:22 AM »
Only 2 more weeks! ;D