Author Topic: San Diego Comic Con 2004  (Read 35676 times)

SilverZ

Re: 2004 San Diego Comic Con
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2004, 01:43 AM »
I just wanted to say a big thanks for all the kind words that have been said about the pics. I didn't run around remotely close to how Matt did - the guy is a machine. I had a blast taking pictures and it added a whole new purpose to being at the show. It was a ton of fun!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2004, 01:17 PM »
We all really do appreciate it Jared.  You helped take things to another level, and on your own time.  We were expecting that all we'd have is Matt afterall.   ::)   :P

Great work by both of you though.  I was really personally overwhelmed.  I thought we did do the best work out there this year.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2004, 01:38 PM »
I would also like to add a great big Thanks to Matt & Jared for there time & all the running around, taking pictures etc...

Thanks guy's, you really did a great job!  

You both rock!  

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2004, 03:49 PM »
I missed Robert and Ook as well, though I saw Ook a couple times, at the Hasbro Q & A (back wall) and at the GG booth on Preview night (I was shouting at you from across their tables Ook, and you heard me, but didn't recognize me and know where it was coming from!)   :P

Aw man, I don't remember anyone calling me by name or username. I didn't meet anyone from here or RS all weekend - not knowingly, I mean; I'm sure I saw many, and probably talked to some. But no connections to forums or usernames were made. You have any pics up so I can see who you are?? Here's me with She-ra, haha.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2004, 03:55 PM »
Man, my pictures are all over this forum!  Probably like 10 of them now...  But here's my most famous one (I'm on the far right):

I'm pretty sure you heard the "OOK!" yells I was doing at the GG booth on Wednesday night, 'cause each time I yelled it, you looked up, and looked around - scanning the crowd...

It was pretty crazy at that point though, 'cause that's right when they were in the process of getting ready to announce the winning raffle numbers...
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 04:01 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2004, 04:09 PM »
Hmm, I don't know if I ever saw you...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2004, 04:20 PM »
That's probably 'cause I was stealthily stalking you Ook...   :P

Offline Ook

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 28, 2004, 05:04 PM »
Anyone catch the Species III display? They had a live model in a glass case. That was a nice display. ;D

:-*

case_model2-4.zip

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2004, 02:48 PM »
Anyone catch the Species III display? They had a live model in a glass case. That was a nice display. ;D

Hell YES it was!  We spent "a little" time around that booth, that's for sure!   ;)

Glad you snapped a pic of it though, Ook, 'cause I don't think any of us ever did.  And there were at least TWO different models being "displayed" in there.  The other was just as nice as this one.  Good stuff.  Made me want to go see Species III real bad.   :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2004, 04:52 PM »
HA :D My kids have heard a TON worse from me all the time. We're not goody-goodies...

OK, cool.  I feel better then!  I'm not around kids all that much, but when I occasionally am, sometimes my mouth continues on in it's regular manner, which some parents might frown upon...  Glad to hear that wasn't the case here!  Nice to meet you and the family there, and yeah - we'll have to hang out a bit longer next time.  Just glad to have seen a picture of you prior, otherwise you would've walked right by me and I wouldn't have even noticed!   :P

P.S.  Might want to check my comment in your classifieds post for the Leia.  It was actually an AAYLA cardback they were offering, not a Leia one...   ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2004, 05:34 AM »
Still fartin' around with everyone's packages...  Sorry for the delay folks, but I've been pretty busy catching up at work this week, after being out most of last week for SDCC.  Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to get some stuff out on Saturday.  Tomorrow's looking doubtful...

Picked up some extra VOTC stuff tonight though, in case anyone was interested in a Han or Ben for $10.64.  LMK if you want either/both added in with your SDCC loot!

- M

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2004, 08:36 AM »
Take your time Matt, I'm in no rush.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 30, 2004, 11:30 AM »
Take your time Matt, I'm in no rush.

I think that reasonably applies to everyone, no need for apologies.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #103 on: July 30, 2004, 01:02 PM »
Not me, I want my stuff ASAP so it can sit in its package for a few months while the remodeling is going on

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #104 on: July 30, 2004, 02:07 PM »
Not me, I want my stuff ASAP so it can sit in its package for a few months while the remodeling is going on

I still haven't decided if I'm really going to send you that VOTC poster, or not.  You're annoying and talk too much crap about my sports teams.  So your goofy butt might just wind up empty-handed.  I'll have to think about it...