Author Topic: San Diego Comic Con 2004  (Read 35674 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: 2004 San Diego Comic Con
« Reply #15 on: July 9, 2004, 10:15 PM »
Ah Matt. can you add this on to my order?

Spirit of the Rebellion Bust-Ups 4-pack.

Offline RJP

• Youngling
  • Hi! I'm Tammy from CA
    • View Profile
    • RJP'S PAGE
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2004, 02:18 PM »
My son Mr Jawa and I will be there. Hope to see a few fellow collectors there. Please introduce yourself if you see us on friday ;D -Tammy & Adam

Fixed the picture link.   ;)  - Matt
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 03:55 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2004, 03:17 PM »
Tammy & Her Wonderful Collection

I got it Matt I think  :-\
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 03:56 PM by JediMAC »

Offline RJP

• Youngling
  • Hi! I'm Tammy from CA
    • View Profile
    • RJP'S PAGE
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2004, 03:39 PM »
Thanks guys :-* My internet is acting crazy at the moment. I really hope I run into a few of you at Comic-Con!!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2004, 04:05 PM »
Moved Tammy's pic from Dale's post back into Tammy's...   ;)  Same pic that I figured it'd be.  Always enjoy that shot with all the carded madness on the stairs Tammy.   8)

So you and Mr. Jawa will only be there on Friday, Tammy?  And how old is Mr. Jawa now?  I wanna guess about 11...  (just so I have a better idea on what to look for)

I'll keep an eye out for you two!  As for me, you can see who you should be on the lookout for at SDCC, right here (I'm in the middle, and fellow SDCC'er Jared is on the left).

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2004, 05:33 PM »
Has anyone heard anything about whether or not dealers can get exculsive stuff or not?  I'm wondering because if its true then my I'm out of the Luke Bust since my cousin usually gets in as a dealer helping his friends, so he won't have to pay to get in the door.  I hope this isn't true.

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2004, 08:21 PM »

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2004, 12:28 PM »

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2004, 11:21 PM »
"Rick McCallum, producer of the Star Wars prequels, including the upcoming Star Wars: Episode III, will be on stage to chat with fans during Lucasfilm's Star Wars Spectacular on Saturday, July 24."
http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2004/07/news20040714.html

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2004, 09:18 AM »
It would be great to meet up with some of you folks from JD.  I will be in San Diego Wednesday for a GalacticHunter.Com meeting and Preview night.
I will either be wearing a Radical Ray t shirt, or something with Oriental Dragons.  JediMac, hope to see you out there. :)

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3374&text=&imageid=10945&box=&shownew=

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2004, 09:38 PM »
It would be great to meet up with some of you folks from JD.  I will be in San Diego Wednesday for a GalacticHunter.Com meeting and Preview night.
I will either be wearing a Radical Ray t shirt, or something with Oriental Dragons.  JediMac, hope to see you out there. :)

http://www.galactichunter.com/absoluteig/gallery.asp?action=viewimage&categoryid=3374&text=&imageid=10945&box=&shownew=

Sounds good Sharon!  I hope we can work something out too.  I'd love to hook up with you and the other GH'ers at some point.  I assume that link you stuck there is a picture of you with Amy Allen, correct?  What's the story with the "GH.com meeting" on Wednesday?  Is that after preview night like at a restaurant/bar kinda thing, or is that like a real (and exclusive) GH staff meeting kinda thing.  LMK, and maybe I'll pop in!  Who else is gonna be there from GH, besides Mike and David?

Thanks for the news links on SDCC here too!   ;)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Official San Diego Comic-Con Request List
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2004, 10:56 PM »
OK, I've officially lost all control of the numerous requests for SDCC stuff from all you folks, so I'm going to attempt to put together a little list in here that I can hopefully work off of.  I've copy/pasted all the stuff from the various threads and my PMs here at JD, so I think all I have to do still is go through all my e-mails, and then this list should be up to date (hopefully).  So if you don't see your name and requests in here yet, don't panic since it's not finished yet by any means, nor is it in any type of order of "who asked first", or who bribed me the most  ;D (which is something I'll have to figure out later).  I'll give a shout when I think I'm all done with it, and then you can panic if you're not on it.   :P  (and LMK what you want)

Once again, no promises on anything from SDCC, especially since I might be stuck with only ONE badge for the whole 5 days, which can only get punched once at each exclusive vendor.  So it's gonna be a tricky business, but I'll do my best, and hopefully get some help from Jared too!  And keep in mind, I'm wanting most of the SW exclusives for myself as well.   ;)  So with all the fine print outta the way, here we go...

Adam:  GG Luke bust, Topps "SW Heritage Series" Ep. III promo card #3, MR Obi-Wan mini-lightsaber, WOTC Star Wars miniatures promos, Silver Sandtrooper x2, VOTC figure poster, Other: Target Leia cup

Andrew:  21st Century "Royal Marine"  (sorry, but this is only available for sale as part of a $25 4-pack of their figures - not individually)

Beth:  MR Obi-Wan mini-lightsaber x2, Galactic Heroes Biker Scout

Brent:  GG Luke bust, Silver Sandtrooper, VOTC figure poster, GG Bust-Ups, Galactic Heroes Biker Scout, Super Beaker (stuck in customs and probably never going to make it to the show) & Gold Tux Gonzo Muppets figures (don't think this is an exclusive there), 12" Angel vampire (Sorry B, but I never tracked this one down  :-\), Other: MIMB Cantina 3-pack

Brian:  VOTC figure poster, Other: Target Luke cup, Galactic Heroes 2-packs x4

Chris Berry:  Silver Sandtrooper

Dale:  Silver Sandtrooper, GG Spirits "Bust-Ups" 4-pack, Galactic Heroes Biker Scout, VOTC figure poster, 3 Antonia Ellis autographs, Space: 1999 Chrome Eagle Transporter, Other: Unleashed Leia

Darb:  VOTC figure poster (I'm double checking on this, as it seems I'm one poster short from what I thought I had, and either you or Jim were last to ask)

Dave:  GG Luke bust, GG Spirits "Bust-Ups" 4-pack, MR Obi-Wan mini-lightsaber, Silver Sandtrooper, VOTC figure poster, GH Biker Scout, WOTC Mini Stormie, Lucasarts Patch, Kill Bill: Crazy 88 Quentin Tarantino figure, OTC T-shirt (XL) - SOLD OUT  :'(  Other: "Opener" Cantina 3-pack

Jeff:  Silver Sandtrooper, Galactic Heroes Biker Scout

Jesse:  VOTC figure poster, Silver Sandtrooper, WOTC promo figure, 21st Century "Royal Marine", "Eastern Warrior #1", and "Eastern Warrior #2" (went out on a limb here Jess, and bought these in their $25 4-pack along with a "Special Forces" figure and free poster too, since that was the only way they were selling these at the 21st Century booth)

Jim:  GG Luke bust, GG Spirits "Bust-Ups" 4-pack, Silver Sandtrooper, Unleashed cardbacks, VOTC figure poster (I'm double checking on this, as it seems I'm one short from what I thought I had, and either you or Darb were last to ask), Topps "SW Heritage Series" Ep. III promo card(s), Battlefront patch, WOTC Minatures figure, Other: Target Luke, Anakin and Leia cups, MIMB Cantina 3-pack

Jim #2:  Silver Sandtrooper, Other: "Opener" Cantina 3-pack

M.B.:  Silver Sandtrooper, VOTC Figure Poster, Galactic Heroes Biker Scout, Other: Target Leia cup, MIMB Cantina 3-pack

Ricardo (last to contact me):  Battlefront patch, Hasbro VOTC Figure Poster (sold out Sat. :-\), Galactic Heroes Biker Scout (I think I came up 1 short :-[), Silver Sandtrooper x2, WOTC Minatures promos, Any Star Wars Heritage promo cards, Other: Target Leia cup

Scott:  VOTC figure poster

WayneSilver Sandtrooper

NOTE:  If anyone's asked me for anything in our "Other Toy Lines" forum here, I won't have seen it since I never venture in there.  So if you did, better spill the beans right here again for me.  Thanks!   :-*
« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 03:59 AM by JediMAC »

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2004, 11:50 PM »
If you would please pick me up a Royal Marine from the 21st Century booth aswell, that'd be super. Just the RM though, the rest I can wait for...

Thanks  :) .
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2004, 11:52 PM »
 :o

Take Patty with ya, I'll pay her weekend pass.  She wouldn't be bored or anything like that ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2004, 12:30 AM »
Take Patty with ya, I'll pay her weekend pass.  She wouldn't be bored or anything like that ::)

Patty tagged along last year, and definitely helped me double up on all the exclusives (Silver Fetts, Blue Clone busts, etc).  She's undecided as of now on whether she'll be coming along, but she will be down in San Diego with me on Friday, so she could potentially help out on that day.

Were you being serious about paying her entrance Brent?  I was actually going to ask folks if they'd want to pitch in a few bucks to get her butt in there too, for the sole purpose of obtaining more exclusives, but I didn't feel good about suggesting that.  I think it's $25 for a one day pass on Friday.  Anyway, if several folks wanted to pitch in for her (assuming Patty scored them exclusives), then that might help.  Maybe.

Of course, there's not even a guarantee she could snag anything either - what with the quick sellouts, raffles, etc., especially on the VHTF exclusives.  Total crapshoot.  But we'll see how it goes...   :-\