Author Topic: San Diego Comic Con 2004  (Read 35800 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2004 San Diego Comic Con
« Reply #105 on: July 30, 2004, 05:05 PM »
The Angels, Mighty Ducks and Sparks All Rule!!! (any other bandwagons you've been seen to jump on to please feel free to add them)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2004, 01:09 AM »
If you nabbed a VOTC Luke Matt, Hit me up...  I'd sooner buy an extra you've got lying about than deal with finding one.  Sounds like he's hitting KB of all places though.  Ugh I hate going IN the mall.   :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #107 on: August 7, 2004, 10:25 PM »
First round of SDCC packages finally went out today!  I dropped a line to those who's stuff is on the way, and most of the rest of you should be good to go on Monday, so if you didn't hear from me today, you should then.  A few others might take an extra day or two beyond that.  Sorry again for the delay everyone...   :-\

Also, I was hoping I might be able to fit the VOTC posters into some of the actual packages, but they're unfortunately a whopping 21" wide, so most of them are going to have to ship separately in a poster container.  The best price I could find on those is $2.49, and it sounds like shipping them will usually run about $2ish.  Is that cool with everyone?

Finally, I'm throwing a bunch of extra crap from the Con into most of the packages, so look through your stuff carefully, including digging to the bottom of the box, to find it all.  Some tiny little things too, so be careful not to lose 'em.  If you don't want the extras, feel free to toss 'em out, or forward 'em on to your next trading partner...   :P

- M
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 04:39 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: August 7, 2004, 11:23 PM »
Did you ever know that you're my hero...and everything I wish I could be...I could fly higher than an eagle...Cause you are the wind beneath my wings

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #109 on: August 8, 2004, 03:42 AM »
Did you ever know that you're my hero...and everything I wish I could be...I could fly higher than an eagle...Cause you are the wind beneath my wings

You won't be thinkin' that when you find out you're not getting your poster, since you yap too much...   :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2004, 07:14 PM »
Hey Bob, what's that stack of things at the bottom of this picture, between the .45 and the C3 postcards?  And what's the small thing with the Yoda and Vader headshots on it right above them?

Don't recall seeing those at the Con...  Looks like you missed the freebie holographic Darth Maul buttons over by the book section though!  And the buttload of Star Wars pins at the CCG tables...   ;)

And I think I swiped about 4x the amount of patches as you (and yours are bad enough)...  But they just wouldn't stop putting them out though.  What the hell was I supposed to do?!?   :-[   :P
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 07:54 PM by JediMAC »

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2004, 08:19 AM »
Those are ad postcards for an upcoming republic commando book at the Del Rey booth, the Vader/Yoda is a pack of widevision cards(was in the Sansweet goodie bag)

Yes, I did miss the pins and the holo darth maul holo pin.  (I too had tons more patches, I sent a bunch out, and gave some away at our get-together in addition to the stack there-very cool little promo)
  I almost forgot to save one for myself ;^)

Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2004, 12:00 AM »
... the Vader/Yoda is a pack of widevision cards(was in the Sansweet goodie bag)

Uh...  I'm almost afraid to ask, but what's the hell's the "Sansweet goodie bag" and where'd you get it?  The Fan Club Breakfast, perhaps?

Offline bobafett14

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Pennsylvania Star Wars Collectors Society
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2004, 11:41 PM »
Yeah, at the Fanclub breakfast everyone got an Indiana Jones paper goodie bag filled with tons of stuff-figs, album, records, card packs, t-shirts, postcards, and some other vintage stuff-U.K. presto magic type thing, bookmarks, film cels, so-on and so-on.

The widevision pack was in there.
Star Wars and toy Collector since 1978(age 7).  currently over 6,500 SW items in my personal collection. Collect modern/vintage and everything in-between ;^)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 14, 2004, 03:03 PM »
Yeah, at the Fanclub breakfast everyone got an Indiana Jones paper goodie bag filled with tons of stuff-figs, album, records, card packs, t-shirts, postcards, and some other vintage stuff-U.K. presto magic type thing, bookmarks, film cels, so-on and so-on.

The widevision pack was in there.

sounds like some pretty cool "free" stuff... i say "free" 'cause we all know you had to pay for the breakfast  :D

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2004, 03:28 PM »
Got my parcel from Matt today & I was wondering if anyone was lucky to get the Glow in the Dark Rebellion Bust-Ups. I found the holes in the bags & mine are clear. Still happy I got them.  8)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2004, 07:00 PM »
wow, even the canadian collectors are getting there stuff before me  :'(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2004, 07:35 PM »
You got one of your packages already!  But the second one just keeps growing.  I can't help it!   :P  Plus, I'm gonna nab the Bossk off of Jared and stick it in with my loot as well...

Still haven't found a home for your neglected Silver Sandie yet though...  But I'll get the rest of your loot out to you this week though Dave.  I swear!  Jim too!   ;)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2004, 07:49 PM »
hey matt, if you can't get rid of that sandtrooper, just throw it in with the rest. i'm sure i can pass it off to someone around here, and i'd hate for you to get stuck with it.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 30, 2004, 07:50 PM »
You got one of your packages already! 

true. but there wasn't any of the good sdcc stuff in that one  :P