Author Topic: Silver Sandtrooper!  (Read 12712 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Silver Sandtrooper!
« on: March 8, 2004, 12:55 PM »
Well, the GH Swami just updated his report from yesterday, and apparently some people have gotten e-mails from on online e-tailer confirming this - it appears the next in line for the "Silver Collection" of figures will be a Sandtrooper!  Good choice.  I like it!   8)

I was always thinking that really the only other figure this "Silver theme" would work well with would be a Stormtrooper, but a Sandtrooper would be very cool as well!  Still should've been a Stormtrooper instead of a prequel Clonetrooper, but I digress...  That Clonetrooper's due out real soon too, so be on your toes!

So, whatchya' think about the Silver Sandie?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2004, 02:55 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Silver Sandtrooper coming?!?
« Reply #1 on: March 8, 2004, 01:12 PM »
I'm not into this whole Silver stuff at all, why not make real never before done figures instead of throwing silver paint on old ones...you would think they could sell 40,000 Yarnas or Hermi Odle's just as well

SilverZ

« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2004, 02:46 PM »
I was really into the TF Vader. As a unique limited figure, it was truly collectable. Each new "silver" promo release diminishes that appeal. Not that I won't rush out and grab me some of what they shovel at me.

Honestly, I like the idea of a freebie chase figure at retail. That's fine. I just wish it was more original in its execution. Along the lines of the Theater Edition Luke.

Now TRU had better have $20 worth of merchandise for me to pick up when the promo starts, like an Anakin Starfighter or NEW figures, because I sure ain't buying 20 bucks worth of Orn Free Taa thats sitting on their shelves at the moment...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: March 8, 2004, 03:18 PM »
I was really into the TF Vader. As a unique limited figure, it was truly collectable. Each new "silver" promo release diminishes that appeal.

I agree...  I LOVED ToyFair Vader when I got it from the Fan Club.

It was a special Chase Piece that Limited people got at Toy Fair and then a few thousand lucky fans got one too.  It was special.

Then came Silver R2.  OK, I thought, it's like Vader for those that didn't get one.  Even if you didn't get a Silver Vader, you could still get a special Silver Figure to celebrate the 25th Anniversary of ANH.  Still Cool.  I've got mine displayed next to TC-14 (aka Silver C-3PO :) ).

Then, Silver Fett.  Eh.  Not for the 25th anniv of ESB, just for "fun".  I thought Silver Fett also kind of took a little shine off the uniqueness of 300th Fett too.  I figured this was the end for "silver" figures, right?

Then, Clone Trooper.  Uh... OK.  STOP ALREADY!  This HAS to be the last one I thought...

Now, Silver Sandtrooper?  WTF?  Why a Sandtrooper?  TO celebrate the 8th Anniversary of the time he joined the PotF2 Figures?  Huh?  Why not Silver STORMTROOPER first?  Is anyone else wanting Silver Biker Scout, Silver Snowtrooper, etc?  

Ugh.  Silver Figures are played out...  IMHO.  Move on to the next figure gimmick, perhaps a GLOW-IN-THE-DARK Spirit of Obi-Wan or Anakin figure?  Use the nifty Holo figures with some Glow paint or plastic?

Or what about Exclusive Cards for some of the figures?  Like a RH Darth Vader on a "Splinter of the Mind's Eye Card"?  Or maybe a GA Thrawn on an "Heir to the Empire" Style Card?  Bring back some of those great EU figures people still need with cool Novel-esque Cards!

Or maybe a Cloak-of-Invisibility Yoda... OR Neon-Camo Armor Stromtrooper.  Uh, wait.  I think I'm straying into other toy line now.

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: March 8, 2004, 08:38 PM »
Yeah, this doesn't interest me in the slightest.  The silver thing doesn't really do it for me, anyway.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 07:10 PM »
Yep.  Should've just been a Silver Stormtrooper after the Boba Fett, and then left alone - for good!

On another note, GH is saying that this is likely going to be another convention tour exclusive, like the Boba Fett was last year.  I'd assume that means the Fan Club will probably have the extras later on down the line for those still in need...

On a related note, if anyone still needs a Silver R2 or Boba Fett, I've got a couple extras left over!   :-*

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 09:54 PM »
Vader was great! The R2 I thought was a redemption for the Vader to the Fans. Boba Fett, well it was a lets see if we can do this one more time. Clone...now it is getting overdone.

At least the Sandtrooper is confirmed. I have heard a rumor earlier that the convention figure was just going to be the TRU Clone.

So I guess it will be one more figure that I will be adding to my collection.
Hopefully it will be the last silver fig.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: April 8, 2004, 08:51 PM »
Confirmed!

The SW Official Site just confirmed the Silver Sandtrooper as the convention exclusive...

I like this line:
"A number of these figures will be set aside for future events, and for sale on StarWarsShop.com."

That will help for those who can't go.

Jeff
« Last Edit: April 8, 2004, 08:59 PM by Nataku »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 9, 2004, 01:31 AM »
This is great news!!

Wonder how much this one will be?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #9 on: April 9, 2004, 03:58 AM »
Don't own any of the silver figures - never planned to get one. Maybe in the future. But no time soon, I have to be picky with this low budget of mine.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Silver Sandtrooper
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2004, 10:16 AM »

Pass ::)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Silver Sandtrooper
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2004, 01:34 PM »
This is the first time the Silver Sandtrooper has been brought up here?   ???

The only silver figures I really liked are the Darth Vader & R2-D2.  This spray painting effect is starting to get really lame.  The silver Fett wasn't too bad, but I have yet to even make an attempt at getting the silver Clone Trooper, and I'm not going to try that hard for this silver Sandtrooper either.

I think it's time for Hasbro to come up with another exclusive figure... something that's not silver.
dustrho

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2004, 01:46 PM »
I buy all the silver figures, but i am not a huge fan. I would however love to see a Red vac-metal ROyal Guard as the next exclusive in the line of these.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2004, 01:53 PM »
This is the first time the Silver Sandtrooper has been brought up here?   ???

The only silver figures I really liked are the Darth Vader & R2-D2.  This spray painting effect is starting to get really lame.  The silver Fett wasn't too bad, but I have yet to even make an attempt at getting the silver Clone Trooper, and I'm not going to try that hard for this silver Sandtrooper either.

I think it's time for Hasbro to come up with another exclusive figure... something that's not silver.
I think there is some discussion of the Sandtrooper in the Clonetrooper thread but there isn't a specific thread for the Sandtrooper (that I saw)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2004, 02:01 PM »
Ahh, the first thread was in the OTC Section ;)  Merged