Author Topic: Silver Sandtrooper!  (Read 12705 times)

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
Re: Silver Sandtrooper!
« Reply #30 on: August 2, 2004, 07:35 PM »
Reports of these exclusives coming from SWS.com are not good, most everyone getting really badly damaged Silver trooper figures:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=757349&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=16&vc=1

http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jsp?forum=23&thread=165507&start=45&msRange=15

Several members of TradeFed have complained of the same problem, I am waiting to order mine until they staighten this out. Really glad I got several at SDCC.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #31 on: August 2, 2004, 08:08 PM »
Reports of these exclusives coming from SWS.com are not good, most everyone getting really badly damaged Silver trooper figures...

Yep, same thing coming in from a number of JD'ers too Sharon!  We've just been doing our ranting and raving about SWS.com (about the Silver Sandtrooper and everything else) in the SWS.com thread over in Watto's (including some trashed Sandtrooper pictures).   ;)

Same crap service from them, as always!   ::)

Unfortunately, I guess the 13 Silver Sandies I snagged at SDCC was far from enough for the JD gang here.  Phooey on me!  Should've grabbed more...   :-\

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #32 on: August 2, 2004, 09:30 PM »
I hear ya, Matt! Glad I grabbed 10 while there myself. Many TradeFed members have gotten bad one's too.

A CS rep for SWS.Com frequents these forums, I would suggest posting your concerns & feedback:
(StarWarsShop.com Q&A @ SW.Com)
http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jsp?forum=23&thread=169867&start=125&msRange=25#7401479

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #33 on: August 3, 2004, 07:34 PM »
Here is the reply one of the customer service reps from StarWarsShop had:
http://forums.starwars.com/thread.jsp?forum=23&thread=169867&start=150&msRange=15

Date Posted: Aug 3, 2004 3:47 PM » Reply

" StarWarsShop.com strives to deliver high-quality product to the Star Wars collector community. The new, exclusive sandtrooper is no exception.
We understand that as a collector, you would like to receive your collectibles in the best condition possible. StarWarsShop.com received the silver sandtrooper directly from Hasbro, and subsequently sent your order directly to you. If you feel your Sandtrooper was received in "less-than-mint" condition, please accept our apologies. Due to the limited quantities that were produced of this item, we unfortunately cannot accept returns.

However, we have listened to your important feedback, and would like to share with you our plans for delivering future exclusive figures to our customers. StarWarsShop.com will have exclusive figures available only in protective Star Cases in an effort that helps ensure no damage occurs during shipping. We will also continue to implement quality assurance inspections of each figure prior to shipment of the figure to you, our valued customer.

Since we did not post the disclaimer on our site until the afternoon of 8/2, anyone who ordered before that date will be happy to honor exchanges or returns. We must mention though that we can not guarantee mint condition if you choose to exchange, although we will do our best. Please e-mail customerservice@starwarsshop.com with any questions or comments. "

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 3, 2004, 07:43 PM »
We understand that as a collector, you would like to receive your collectibles in the best condition possible. StarWarsShop.com received the silver sandtrooper directly from Hasbro, and subsequently sent your order directly to you.

that's a load of b.s.

all they had to do was wrap a piece of bubble wrap around it.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #35 on: August 3, 2004, 07:44 PM »
Wow, that's the first remotely reasonable response to come out of their corner yet.  Thanks for the update Sharon.

Good to see they'll refund the earlier orders, from before the "All sales final" blurb they put up.  But even with a refund, those collectors are still ass-out on a MOMC Silver Sandtrooper, which sucks.

Good idea on the starcase for future exclusives.  Of course, that means we'll likely HAVE TO pay an additional $1 for it, on top of the figure's price, which really shouldn't be necessary.  They should just go buy themselves some damned bubble wrap and styrofoam peanuts, and call it a day (without passing along any extra "packaging costs" to us).  Oh well.  Guess an extra buck is worth it.  Most people were buying them with the Starcases down at SDCC, so I guess folks won't gripe about that too much.  Just silly they still don't see it as a lazy packaging job on their part...

Oh well, it's a step in the right direction by SWS.com at least.  Just took several thousand complaints to finally make it happen!   :P

SilverZ

« Reply #36 on: August 3, 2004, 08:13 PM »
Good idea on the starcase for future exclusives.  Of course, that means we'll likely HAVE TO pay an additional $1 for it, on top of the figure's price, which really shouldn't be necessary.

Well, yeah, it makes sense to put them in a starcase, and I'd pay a buck or so more for that insurance it gives, but they are treating their existing situation like it's unreasonable to expect the product they sell (at a not-so-bargain-basement-price) to arrive safely, as if "shipping and handling" does not include the cost of reasonabley safe packing. If these were shipped insured via UPS or FedEx, they wouldn't honor the claim because of improper/unsafe packaging to begin with, and have the customer take it up with the shipper.

These guys are jagoffs, and now with the star case & "all sales final" stunt, apparently shady lowlifes out for a shakedown of their customers.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 3, 2004, 08:36 PM »
Good idea on the starcase for future exclusives.  Of course, that means we'll likely HAVE TO pay an additional $1 for it, on top of the figure's price, which really shouldn't be necessary.

ya know, i wouldn't mind paying $1 more, but i got a funny feeling it's gonna be more like $3 - don't ask me why. the handling charge will now include putting your figure inside the star case. that takes time, ya know.  ::)

or, maybe they can just ship the star case in a seperate box.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #38 on: August 3, 2004, 09:19 PM »
[or, maybe they can just ship the star case in a seperate box.

I can see these dumbasses pulling that stunt.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #39 on: August 4, 2004, 12:02 AM »
Well I am pretty disgusted with the Star Wars Shop. They offer nothing to us for damaged merchandise. There was no disclaimer when the figure was first ordered. This is just really terrible the way everything is being handled.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 4, 2004, 12:15 AM »
Or they will use the smaller size star case 1 and not the bigger Star Case 2 to ship these new figures in.  If they do that the bubbles will be smashed everytime since the first cases are too small for any of the new bubbles.  I had to take some Ep1 figures out of the SC 2's I had them in to put in some Ep2/OTC figures in.  
Like other have said the Hasbro thing is BS on they part most of the damage looks like it was done in packing it up and shipping it (since they didn't add in packagin materials).  I"m half tempeted to cancel my outstanding orders with them because I don't trust them with packaging my stuff right.

Offline Darthshader

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • TradeFederation.net
« Reply #41 on: August 4, 2004, 02:51 PM »
A sigh of relief! It looks as if the fans have been heard, SWS.Com seems to be doing a little backpeddling. Those of you with damaged figures should be taken care of. I am going to place my order next week, I want to see what happens over the weekend.

Offline Carl

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #42 on: August 4, 2004, 03:55 PM »
I received mine monday, it came well packed and in mint condition!  :)
WANTED: Droids, Ewok Prototype & Unproduced coins