Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 111395 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2006, 11:43 PM »
True. At the end I was in denial, thinking he was doing it to keep his cover, now I'm not so sure.

Bah.

Snape's a good guy.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2006, 02:27 PM »
LOL

Offline Dr. Zoltar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2006, 05:55 PM »
Zoltar, Doyou really think VOldemort would make Harry A horcrux??

Maybe, but not intentionally.  Maybe his soul has been so damaged from all the killing it just kind of happened.  He's the only wizard that has made more than one horcrux.

It was just a theory.  I was kind of wondering why Harry was being written as so moody and dark, and that JK made sure the reader knew that.  I think it was a foreshadowing of something bad.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 8, 2006, 11:24 AM »
According to TVGuide.com - although we still have Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix coming up next July, Warner Brothers has also announced/booked Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince for November 21, 2008.  Two consecutive years with a HP movie, so that should be good.
« Last Edit: August 8, 2006, 11:25 AM by Brian »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #124 on: August 8, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Zoltar, Doyou really think VOldemort would make Harry A horcrux??

Maybe, but not intentionally.  Maybe his soul has been so damaged from all the killing it just kind of happened.  He's the only wizard that has made more than one horcrux.

It was just a theory.  I was kind of wondering why Harry was being written as so moody and dark, and that JK made sure the reader knew that.  I think it was a foreshadowing of something bad.

That's actually a pretty good theory.  It fits with the prophecy and with what Dumbledore said about Harry having some of Voldemort's traits in Chamber of Secrets.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Dr. Zoltar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 9, 2006, 03:42 PM »
That's actually a pretty good theory.  It fits with the prophecy and with what Dumbledore said about Harry having some of Voldemort's traits in Chamber of Secrets.

Well I thank you.  I guess I have to wait until next year to see if my guess is correct.  But there has to be a reason why it was repeated over and over that Harry was fighting dark tendancies.  Also, remember in book 1 when the Sorting Hat said he'd do just as well in Slytherin?  But then we'd have an evil Harry Potter and the books wouldn't be as fun...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2006, 01:53 PM »
J.K. Rowling Challenges Airport Security
Sep 14, 9:17 AM EST

The Associated Press

LONDON -- British author J.K. Rowling says she won an argument with airport security officials in New York to carry the manuscript of the final "Harry Potter" book as carryon baggage.

Had security agents not relented, she said on her Web site, she might not have flown, she said in a posting dated Wednesday.

"I don't know what I would have done if they hadn't — sailed home probably," she wrote.

The author had participated in a book reading for charity on Aug. 1 with fellow writers Stephen King and John Irving. Security was drastically tightened after Aug. 10 when British police said they had intercepted a plot to blow up U.S.-bound airliners.

"The heightened security restrictions on the airlines made the journey back from New York interesting, as I refused to be parted from the manuscript of book seven.

"A large part of it is handwritten and there was no copy of anything I had done while in the U.S."

Eventually, she added, "They let me take it on, thankfully, bound up in elastic bands."

Rowling said she was still considering two possible titles for the last of the boy wizard's adventures.

"I was quite happy with one of them until the other one struck me while I was taking a shower in New York," she wrote.

"They would both be appropriate, so I think I'll have to wait until I'm further into the book to decide which one works best."
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 14, 2006, 03:35 PM »

"I was quite happy with one of them until the other one struck me while I was taking a shower in New York," she wrote.

Harry Potter and the Massaging Shower Head?    :o
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #128 on: September 14, 2006, 03:46 PM »
Yeah, that was the most-curious part of the article to me, too.

It's easily the sexiest thing to happen the Potter series since the Vibrating Nimbus 2000 toy from a few years ago.

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 14, 2006, 08:12 PM »
Thanks for the curious article, Matt.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2006, 08:51 PM »

Harry Potter and the Massaging Shower Head?    :o

Don't laugh, all my best idea's come to me in the shower. :-X
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2006, 10:39 AM »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2006, 01:44 PM »
I read online that Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) is having some reservations about whether or not to sign on for the last two movies in the series.  Read about it in this Newsweek article.  It would really be tough to recast the role, IMO.  But the article does state that Daniel Radcliff (Harry Potter) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) have signed on for the remainder of the series.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Lady Jaye

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 6, 2006, 11:58 AM »
I hope she comes back, I hope they all do! It'd be a perfect ending to a fabulous movie series. I loved the last one, replacing the first movie as my fave.

Oh and I don't know how much the discussion has gotten into Snape, but I believe he will be the one taking over Hogwarts at the end of the last book. He did what he had to do in order to save Draco from becoming evil like his father. As of now, Draco is simply following what the elder Malfoy has filled in his head!! I also think Harry has a good chance of dying in order to prevent Voldemort from having the slightest chance at returning cause I do think Harry is a Horcrux.
"I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit."
-Vincent

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #134 on: November 16, 2006, 01:16 AM »
OOTP teaser poster is out now.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)