Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 112006 times)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #315 on: August 15, 2008, 07:23 AM »
I really wished they would have used it in OoTP per the book instead of Harry breaking through Snapes defenses.

I'm almost certain that's how it did happen in the book....Harry witnessed Snape's memory during an occlemancy lesson.

You are right. But it isn't till end of the series that he understands why Snape acts the way he does towards Harry. (Trying not to give anything away to those who haven't read Deathly Hollows.)

Actually that isn't correct.  If you remember, Snape would remove memories before his lessons and place them in a Pensieve.  During one lesson, Snape left the room for some reason and Harry delved into his memory through the Pensieve.

For the movie delay, did they really give a reason besides Potter movies do well in the summer and some vague reference to the actors strike?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 15, 2008, 09:47 AM »
That's all it takes. It's all about maximum return. Release dates are based solely on that.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 15, 2008, 10:15 AM »
For the movie delay, did they really give a reason besides Potter movies do well in the summer and some vague reference to the actors strike?

They mentioned that they are having problems with scripts for films because of the strike.. If they push back Potter to next year since most everything released this year was completed last year before the strike, they get a big box office smash to help bolster their week movies being filmed this year.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #318 on: August 15, 2008, 11:10 AM »
I just hope this doesn't push back production of the last two films.  The actors pretty much all still look young enough for the parts... but with the Apocalypse coming in 2012 we need at least the first half of the finale to be released in 2011.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 15, 2008, 12:10 PM »

They mentioned that they are having problems with scripts for films because of the strike.. If they push back Potter to next year since most everything released this year was completed last year before the strike, they get a big box office smash to help bolster their week movies being filmed this year.

Hit the nail right there from what I read, they're worried about not having something good to release next year.  From the crap that comes out sometimes in between the good stuff I'm wondering what all these production companies are going to do without their writers
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 18, 2008, 07:54 AM »
I just hope this doesn't push back production of the last two films.  The actors pretty much all still look young enough for the parts... but with the Apocalypse coming in 2012 we need at least the first half of the finale to be released in 2011.

I see people mention the actors ages a lot.  It is not like this is 90210 with 35 year olds playing high schoolers.  The actors who play Harry and Hermoine just recently turned 18 and they should be 17 in Deathly Hollows.  The actor who plays Ron is just one year older than those two.  They really aren't that much older than their parts.  I believe at least production has started on the last two movies.  Also, since now that all the principle actors are over 18, they can work longer hours in the UK.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 18, 2008, 07:47 PM »
I'm kind of disappointed that this film is going to be delayed for so long.  I was already planning a re-read of the books and a movie marathon before the new film dropped in November. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 19, 2008, 09:01 AM »
Ralph Macchio around 25 when he played 16 year old Daniel Larruso in Karate Kid II.

But let's face it....Macchio is an exceptionally good actor.

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 19, 2008, 09:29 AM »
Ralph Macchio around 25 when he played 16 year old Daniel Larruso in Karate Kid II.

He went to the Sylvester Stallone School of Acting.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 19, 2008, 02:58 PM »

He went to the Sylvester Stallone School of Acting.

Along with

Ron Howard
Will Ferrell
Scott Baio
Jm. J Bullock
Dolf Lundgren

Together they made up the CRAP Pack.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 29, 2008, 08:56 AM »
The new trailer for Half Blood Prince has leaked, and is currently up at TVGuide.com (and probably other places as well).  Check it out while you still can.  Looks good to me.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 29, 2008, 09:21 AM »
The new trailer for Half Blood Prince has leaked, and is currently up at TVGuide.com (and probably other places as well).  Check it out while you still can.  Looks good to me.

Like the first trailer more. This one doesn't do a lot to explain things in the movie. I like the part where Herminie(sp) hits harry in the head, but that was it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 19, 2008, 05:24 PM »
New Potter trailer is up at Newsarama.  Definitely looking forward to this next summer, too bad it got delayed or it would have been this Friday I think.

EDIT: Also up at the Official Potter Site
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 05:25 PM by Brian »

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #328 on: November 19, 2008, 06:09 PM »
******* solid. This was the first one I'd read before seeing its adaptation so I'm really looking forward to it.
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: November 19, 2008, 10:12 PM »
Potter >>>>>>>> Twilight

It's the truth.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m