Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 111422 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #405 on: June 21, 2010, 02:35 PM »
I'm hoping to fit a trip to the HP part in as part of the CV trip this year.  I still need to work out some final details on travel but if everything lines up I'll either have a day before or the Monday after the con to try to get over there for it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #406 on: June 28, 2010, 01:13 PM »
Reminder - Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One Trailer will be released later today.  8)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 28, 2010, 07:41 PM »
The trailer is up at Mugglenet, can't wait.  Sort of sad that the series will be wrapping up though...kind of bitterwsweet like it was with the ROTS release.  Excited to see it, but disappointed that it will be "over" (at least we get a two part finale though).

Edit: Also up at Apple
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 07:53 PM by Brian »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 28, 2010, 10:53 PM »
Did they have to make it 3D? ::)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 28, 2010, 11:02 PM »
Did they have to make it 3D? ::)

Of course. But for us lame old-timers, there's still 2-D.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 29, 2010, 01:43 AM »
That trailer is kick-ass!  I'm really looking forward to this movie.

I don't think I'll see it in 3D but I think we can pretty much expect many, if not all, big even films like this will get the 3D treatment in order to pull some extra box office bank. 

Plus, it's the new toy to play with.  It's like everyone that ran out to put bullet time shots into their films, television shows and commercials after The Matrix came out.  They even put it to work in a couple NFL stadiums.  Now you don't see it that often unless it's done as a joke.  I don't think 3D will be the same way, but I think at some point the newness will wear off and you'll see it reserved more for movies filmed in 3D like Avatar than just converted to it because the producers could afford it.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 29, 2010, 09:34 AM »
I'll stick with 2D as well me thinks.

I liked the trailer and it looks as gritty as I was expecting/hoping.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised but most of the clips look to come from Part 2 of the movie.  

Was that the same Olivander in the trailer as from the Sorcerer's Stone?  Its been a long time since I watched that one and for some reason he didn't look like I remembered.  
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 09:34 AM by BrentS »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #412 on: June 29, 2010, 09:51 AM »
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 29, 2010, 10:22 AM »
http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0000992/

Cool.  Same guy, no photo though :)  

Still very excited to see some more Harry Potter!!

I've been working my way through the Audio books (again).  I'm in the beginning of the Goblet of Fire right now.  For those of you who have not ever listened to them, I highly recommend doing this.  Jim Dale does the reading and he does and absolutely fabulous job with them.  He changes his voice for all the characters and you really get sucked in.  In many ways, its my favorite way to enjoy the Harry Potter experience.    
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 10:23 AM by BrentS »

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 9, 2010, 08:00 PM »
I saw movie #5 in both 2D and 3D - 3D worked very well for the final battles, especially the duel between Dumbledore and Voldemort. I was disappointed that movie #6 lacked so much action (although I did love the few "sort of" moments of "action" that Bellatrix had towards the end), and I'm definitely looking forward to the battle of Hogwarts.

Bellatrix is so awesome!
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 14, 2010, 11:41 AM »
SPOILERS for those who don't want to know, but apparently the most recent issue of Entertainment Weekly reveals the "split point" for the Deathly Hallows movies.  You can read the excerpt HERE, if you'd like to know.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 16, 2010, 05:40 PM »
SPOILERS for those who don't want to know, but apparently the most recent issue of Entertainment Weekly reveals the "split point" for the Deathly Hallows movies.  You can read the excerpt HERE, if you'd like to know.

Without giving away what the article says - I have to agree that it is a lot later into the book than I expected too.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 17, 2010, 07:08 AM »

Without giving away what the article says - I have to agree that it is a lot later into the book than I expected too.

I have been rereading the books in a run up to the movie.  I honestly don't remember how far along in the book this point was.  Interesting place though with how far along the article says it is.  Once I get to the book, I guess I can get a better idea of the content of movie 2.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 23, 2010, 09:08 PM »
Sounds like there was a test screening for Death Hallows - Part 1 in Chicago this past weekend.  A number of reviews at the link above, although this one seems the most detailed and pretty much takes you through the entire movie in summary form.  SPOILERS ahoy, if you're worried about that.  A few changes from the book, but overall, it seems pretty faithful and looks like it will be pretty great - really looking forward to it.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 22, 2010, 11:24 AM »
Fifteen new pics from Deathly Hallows - Part 1

I have to admit, the scene with the various "Harrys" looks like it could be funny.  Really looking forward to the movie.