Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 111138 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #525 on: January 2, 2013, 07:00 PM »
Interesting timing on this one.  On the advice of several reviewers on Amazon.com I picked up the Blu-Ray boxed set off Amazon.uk for $32 shipped  :o  Walmart had the same set locally for $59 and the two Deathly Hallows movies on Blu-Ray would have run me near $40 after taxes so it turned out to be a heck of a deal since we'd picked up neither DH movie yet.  Of course we have six HP movies on regular DVD with no real need at the moment but can probably flog those for $5 a piece during a garage sale in the summer. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #526 on: September 12, 2013, 10:15 AM »
New Movies Coming

I really thought the next set of Potter media would be sequels starring the Weasley and Potter kids but alas this might be kind of fun too

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 12, 2013, 11:10 AM »
I hope this does well. I want to see people doing extensions to universes instead of crappy prequels and sequels. I wish Disney would do extensions rather than sequels for Star Wars. New stories that have nothing to do with the Skywalker family or any characters we already have would be great.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 12, 2013, 11:16 AM »
Hmmm, not sure about this idea.

If she's doing 100% of the screenwriting, plotting etc I'm on board. That seems to be the idea now but who knows. Too many cooks spoil the broth.

I wish she would just write more books and then adapt those for cinema. This cutting out the middle man stuff sort of defeats the best thing about this franchise - how excited it got kids about reading.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 12, 2013, 07:43 PM »

I wish she would just write more books and then adapt those for cinema. This cutting out the middle man stuff sort of defeats the best thing about this franchise - how excited it got kids about reading.

I'm totally with you on this. I'm looking forward to more in the universe but I'd much rather have a new series of books first!  My kids loved these.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 12, 2013, 08:53 PM »
I'm pretty excited for this, not just for myself, but for our daughter.  She has been way into Harry Potter for the past year plus (she was Hermione for Halloween last year), and it is great there is potential for her to be able to see the new movie(s) on the big screen since she was too young for the proper Harry Potter.

I'm also with you guys on wanting more books.  I've been reading the Potter books to my daughter before bed each night, and it would be great if there was more for her to get in on the ground floor with.  I know she's even asked me before if they'll ever do "the adventures of their kids", which would be kind of cool.  Either way, I think it is exciting news just for the fact that we get to return to that "world".  Sort of when they finally announced that the Hobbit was moving forward, I'm just excited to get to experience that universe again in a new way.  I really get the feeling that they'll try to branch this out in the "Marvel Model" like Star Wars is doing, and like WB should be doing with DC.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: July 8, 2014, 10:50 AM »
J.K. Rowling has released a new Potter short story, written in the style of a Rita Skeeter article, detailing the crew years later getting together at the Quidditch World Cup.  You can read it if you are a member of Pottermore, or the Today Show website seems to have it as well:

http://www.today.com/books/read-j-k-rowlings-new-post-latest-harry-potter-gossip-1D79887288

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: July 9, 2014, 09:57 AM »
Read it last night...sigh. Why is that shrewish hosebag even still alive? The first thing Dumbledore's Army should have done after defeating Voldemort is round up all the collaborators like Skeeter, Umbridge, the Malfoys, etc and just have them mass executed.  >:D

Seriously though, was a fun read, I miss these characters. I liked the mention about Lupin's son. Little disppointed Neville and Luna did not end up together though, that seemed like a good match.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy