Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 111420 times)

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2005, 05:48 PM »
SPOILER
#
#
#
#
#
#

It was as if Dumbeldore was trying to goad Malfoy into killing him.  He seemed to be ready for it.  We have to wait a while to find out why.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: August 1, 2005, 12:20 AM »
SPOILERS

Finished today...

I had similar thoughts on the Snape situation, I think he's still following orders.  Feeling bad for having Harry's parents killed isn't the real reason Dumbledore trusts him.  There is more there...

I also thought of the Obi-Wan/Phoenix/Not Dead/Ressurection angle

Its good to see the romance lines progressing as they should as well

I thought this was the best so far of the 6...

R.A.B.

Hmmm.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 1, 2005, 08:00 AM »
SPOILERS

R.A.B.

Hmmm.

Sirius Black's Brother?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #78 on: August 1, 2005, 12:46 PM »
SPOILERS

R.A.B.

Hmmm.

Sirius Black's Brother?

I doubt it...Sirius' brother is dead and I'm willing to bet that R.A.B. is still alive.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Shannon (Princess)

• Jedi Initiate
  • Ooh, Lortab!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Beru has issues...
« Reply #79 on: August 1, 2005, 03:10 PM »
SPOILERS

R.A.B.

Hmmm.

Sirius Black's Brother?

I doubt it...Sirius' brother is dead and I'm willing to bet that R.A.B. is still alive.
I think R.A.B. is dead- killed by Voldemort for backing down from doing an order - since he was a death eater, and they'll be able to recover the locket fairly easy.  (So as not to spoil- see pg 116 of Order of the Phoenix- last paragraph, and pg 117 second paragraph.)
You are starting to damage my calm.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 1, 2005, 04:49 PM »
I enjoyed the book as well. I couldn't put it down towards the end with all that was going on. It was excellent. I can't wait for the final book now and that'll be a few years down the road... sigh. I guess we'll be seeing Goblet this November and most likely Order of the Phoenix before the last one comes out, so that should whet our appetites.

SPOILERS below

I was not surprised that Dumbledore was killed as he was the only wizard Voldemort feared, so getting him out of the way would make it seem that victory for the dark forces was imminent.

But the whole Snape thing being good/bad... you despise him for hating Harry like he does and are trying to guess if he is as good as Dumbledore trusts. Though Dumbledore always seemed to be a step ahead of the game and knew that if Snape were ever approached about helping Voldemort's cause (and I'm sure Dumbledore knew that he would be a probable target) then he was to maintain the facade of being one of the Death Eaters at all costs, even if it meant killing Dumbledore. Perhaps that is why he is angry when Harry faces him? He's being not malicious, but angered that he had to kill the only man who believed he was good. Just my 2 knuts.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2005, 09:10 AM »
The full trailer for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is now up online.  You can check it out at Moviefone, which I believe is the first to get it.  It will be elsewhere soon I'm guessing, and I think it is attached to "The Corpse Bride" as well.  Looks pretty cool, I'm looking forward to it.  It will probably be the next movie that brings us to the theatre this year ;).  Check out the trailer at the linky above.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 15, 2005, 10:07 AM »
Oh holy crap in a hat.  This looks simply incredible.  I think I'm more excited about this than I was about ROTS.  Well. . .more optimistic at the least.
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #83 on: September 15, 2005, 09:04 PM »
This movie looks better and better!  I can't wait to see it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 26, 2005, 10:35 AM »
Filmforce has a whole slew of images from the upcoming "Goblet of Fire".  Clicky the link if interested.  I'm looking forward to seeing this next month, and its been awhile since we've been to the theatre too now.  The holiday season seems to bring out a few of the better releases.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2005, 05:47 AM »
So, who's seeing it today?!?  We picked up tickets for the 4:15pm showing, so we'll be getting a pretty early look at it.  Watched a special about Goblet of Fire on A&E tonight, and it looks pretty promising...

So chime in if you've seen it so we can know what to expect!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 18, 2005, 09:08 AM »
We're planning on going tomorrow if possible, and I'm really looking forward to it.  To be honest, its never worked out for us to see the previous movies in the theatre, and ended up seeing them on DVD.  Really a fun, and good, film series overall I think...we enjoy them anyways.  Sounds like GOF is getting pretty good reviews too.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2005, 09:12 AM »
My girlfriend got tickets to the opening show at midnight. I don't know weather to be proud... or what.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2005, 02:21 PM »
I surprised my wife last night with a babysitter and tickets to the midnight show.

Great film and well made. I definately think it's better than the first two, but whether it's better than the third one is debatable. I guess it's a matter of taste. Definately not for the little kiddies.

They had to cram a lot in, so a lot of book material had to go, but it made up for it in giving almost every secondary character some great bits. Ralph Finnes was supurb. I think everyone will really enjoy it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2005, 04:28 PM »
Planning to see it sunday with my friend.  :)