Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 111456 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #270 on: July 18, 2007, 12:37 PM »
Your cousin's friend is wrong.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 19, 2007, 05:04 PM »
Your cousin's friend is wrong.
  Yeah he thought the goblet of fire wasn't worth seeing in theatres so he's an IZIOT
I suck.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 22, 2007, 11:27 PM »
It wasn't as good as Azkaban or Chambers, but it was still good.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #273 on: July 27, 2007, 12:21 PM »
Saw it last night and thought it has the potential to be my favorite to date.  I really enjoyed the whole flick, but I had a couple of complaints.  it felt like they really rushed through everything.  It was barely over 2 hours, but given how much more they could have dipped in to some other characters and plots I think it should have been stretched out to at least 2 1/2 hours.  Even though I haven't read the book, I have a feeling they could have stretched it out that much more than not slowed the pace down a bit.  :)  I thought a few good characters (Luna, Tonks, LeStrange) were underutilized.  Honestly, I felt a lot of people were underutilized...it went so fast and there was so much going on, but yet I felt so many characters didn't do much.

Even though I have a few gripes it really didn't take away from my enjoyment of the movie.  The Voldemort/Dumbldore battle was fantastic...you'd kind of been waiting for a truly powerful match between equals after watching Harry (a rookie) go up against all the incarnations of Voldemort.  I also really liked seeing Harry step up and become a leader in Dumbldore's Army.  Nicely done.  And Delores Umbridge...I don't remember the last time I hated a character in a movie so much.  :)  Can't remember the actress's name but she did a fantastic job in that role.

John

Offline brian_peppers

• Banned
  • Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 3, 2007, 03:16 PM »
Saw it two days ago i thought its the middle movie behind goblet and chamber
I suck.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #275 on: August 6, 2007, 11:31 PM »
Just a reminder, all posts on Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows belong in the other thread:

I've started a thread in which to discuss Deathly Hallows once you are done reading...don't post any reactions, comments or anything else here as I don't want to see something wrecked ala the season ending episode of Lost

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows SPOILERS

If you post spoilers here you're ass is grass :)
« Last Edit: August 6, 2007, 11:32 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #276 on: August 7, 2007, 12:57 PM »
I don't know if this has been covered already in here or not, but have you guys listened to any of the audiobooks at all?  I finished Book 7 last week and am entertaining the thought of going through the series again via the audiobooks.

I just can't figure out if I should listen to the Jim Dale (American) versions or the Stephen Fry (British) versions.

Anyone listened to both versions, and have an opinion one way or the other?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Dr. Zoltar

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 7, 2007, 01:06 PM »
Oops.  Thanks for the move Jeff.  I guess my ass is grass now...

;D

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 7, 2007, 11:18 PM »
Matt - The American versions are fantastic, and if you really are serious about picking them up, shoot me a PM. I'm sure I can get you a deal on them through my work.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 7, 2007, 11:57 PM »
I don't know if this has been covered already in here or not, but have you guys listened to any of the audiobooks at all?  I finished Book 7 last week and am entertaining the thought of going through the series again via the audiobooks.

I just can't figure out if I should listen to the Jim Dale (American) versions or the Stephen Fry (British) versions.

Anyone listened to both versions, and have an opinion one way or the other?

The Audio Books are AMAZINGLY good.  Jim Dale does a great job with all the voices.  I've never heard the British version.  I've read and listened to all the books (well, haven't finished listening to Deathly Hallows yet).  I enjoy listening to them as much (if not more) than reading them.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #280 on: August 8, 2007, 10:24 AM »
I think what I may do is "purchase" both versions of Book 1, see which one I like the best, and then go with that version for the rest of the series.

Matt - The American versions are fantastic, and if you really are serious about picking them up, shoot me a PM. I'm sure I can get you a deal on them through my work.

I think I'm good for now, but I do appreciate the offer.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 8, 2007, 11:14 PM »
For what its worth, I got the American versions from my Library.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 17, 2007, 12:56 PM »
WIZARD has the first still taken from the next HP movie, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 17, 2007, 02:04 PM »
SPOILER WARNINGS, DAMMIT!!!!!

;D
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 17, 2007, 02:29 PM »
Yeah, I hate it when I get to see the clothes Harry wears and the books he'll read and the door he comes in and the weather outside the place.  ;D

Actually, that's cool! I have yet to see OotP yet and they are working on 6! (I know they have to to keep the current actors in the roles). But it's amazing.