Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 111433 times)

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #285 on: January 14, 2008, 09:26 AM »
Deathy Hallows Double Feature?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35268
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: January 14, 2008, 10:56 AM »
Hmm. That's interesting, but it goes against the concept of 7 being the magical number, plus all the movies are by year, too, so would it be year 7 and 7.5?

I can't see them doing it though, because there was so much left out of OotP that should have been there and stuff left in that wasn't too important and that realistically could have been a 2-parter. But we'll see. We've a few years to go before it hits the screens.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #287 on: January 14, 2008, 12:08 PM »
I see it just a way for them to make more money. Film the movies at the same time and then double the profit for ticket sales.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #288 on: January 14, 2008, 12:41 PM »
Hasn't the "they are making the book into 2 movies" rumor happened for just about every HP movie since GoF?
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 14, 2008, 07:53 PM »
I don't care if it's two 2 hour movies or one 3.5 hour film.  My only concern is they cover all the important ground.  And they don't screw with the main characters and their motivations. 

In other words, I don't want to get to the end and have Ron marry Fleur because the powers that be didn't want to intro another character....or something equally stupid.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 21, 2008, 09:28 AM »
Harry Potter off screen gossip, poor Ron :).  From what I've been hearing/reading online, its sounding more and more like the final movie will be split into two movies.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 13, 2008, 08:54 AM »
According to IGN/LA Times, the final book (Deathly Hallows) will indeed be split in two.  It was confirmed by producer David Heyman.  David Yates (Order of the Phoenix/Half Blood Prince) will direct the final movies as well, with Part 1 likely hitting in Nov. 2010 and Part 2 in May of 2011.  It sounds like they'll just be called "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I" and "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II".  More info at the linky.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #292 on: March 18, 2008, 12:40 PM »
Not sure if anyone has seen this, but that is alot of money.

Amazon buys Tales of Beedle Bard
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 18, 2008, 07:32 PM »
If I had $4 million just lying around I'd be tempted to have bid on it!  It's an incredible looking book, it's for a good cause, but not only that, I want to read the stories!

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 19, 2008, 07:29 AM »
If I had $4 million just lying around I'd be tempted to have bid on it!  It's an incredible looking book, it's for a good cause, but not only that, I want to read the stories!

E...

I think JKR will eventually release this book in the same manner as the Beast and Quiddich books at some point.  She did retain publishing rights to the material.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 19, 2008, 05:08 PM »

I think JKR will eventually release this book in the same manner as the Beast and Quiddich books at some point.  She did retain publishing rights to the material.

Not that she needs the money, but she'd be crazy not too.  Of course people would buy it.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 19, 2008, 07:41 PM »
I'm assuming that the Tales will eventually be published but still, as a lover of books, that's an awesome edition.  Plus, as I said, it's for a good cause as well.

This thread also reminds me that I need to pick up Beasts and Quidditch and read them.  Haven't done that yet and since I'm currently looking for my next book to read, those might make good choices.

E...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 25, 2008, 09:38 AM »
Since the official announcement that Deathly Hallows was going to be split into two movies, I've read a lot of speculation on where they could "split" the book in two, to end the one movie and begin the next one.  Where do you think would be the best place to split the book in two?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 25, 2008, 09:51 AM »
Well lets see. How many pages are there? Then divide by two.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #299 on: March 25, 2008, 10:27 AM »
Where do you think would be the best place to split the book in two?

Off the top of my head?  I seem to remember two natural "breaks" in the middle...

SPOILERS......

First, after the battle at Lovegood's house.  The trio just heard the Deathly Hallows story and there's a nice shootout.  If the cut was here, it'd end the first half with Hermione, Harry, and Ron popping out of the exploding house.  Nice cliffhanger...

Or, after the battle at Malfoy's.  The battle there would also be a nice break and you could end the movie on a down note with the death of Dobby.  Sort of gives it that "hopelessness" for the main characters a la ESB. 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender