Author Topic: Ephant Mon  (Read 6734 times)

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Ephant Mon
« Reply #15 on: August 6, 2004, 02:23 PM »
Brent,

I owe you so give me some time to take a pictue of an extra that I have and let me know if it is the condition you are hoping for.  If it is, just send me a few bucks for postage and it's yours.

I have never seen a perfect carded version of this figure.
Either hang tab damage because it was so heavy or damage to the bubble or card because it was so large and Hasbro packed with so much care in the case.

-DBK-

Tritto.  I could use a decent carded version.  I had four at one point, but ended up selling them to local guys that needed them.  Fool.  

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2004, 08:26 PM »
Brent,

Hello, I posted a picture of an extra Mon that I can send you for free.  Just pay for shipping.

You can see the pictures here in the my collection folder.

http://community.webshots.com/user/fisheyedlouie

Let me know if you want it.

Matt

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: September 2, 2004, 07:32 PM »
Sounds like these are hitting more and more KBs as we speak...  Who all is still looking for an Ephant Mon?  Anybody not even have one yet?

I find it amusing that Hasbro said at Comic Con that they lost their ass on this particular figure, yet they're now showing up en masse in KBs bargain bins...  What gives?!

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #18 on: September 4, 2004, 01:30 AM »
Sounds like these are hitting more and more KBs as we speak...  Who all is still looking for an Ephant Mon?  Anybody not even have one yet?

I find it amusing that Hasbro said at Comic Con that they lost their ass on this particular figure, yet they're now showing up en masse in KBs bargain bins...  What gives?!

This is why they lost their ass on Ephant Mon. Because of the glut of Saga stuff at the time, the cases with Ephant Mon typically sat at warehouses for months if not years and in low quantities. So Hasbro probably didn't sell as much Mon's as they did any of the previously released Saga figures from 2002, Episode 2 notwithstanding. Add the extra production costs into Ephant Mon, more plastic for the bulky figure and huge bubble, different cardboard boxes for the cases and it probably added up. Poor execution and timing on Hasbro's part in bringing the 3rd Fan Choice figure to retail. Hopefully though with Ephant Mon showing up at KB in droves (on clearance as well?), perhaps down the road we will see the same of the McQuarrie Stormtrooper so those of us who didn't get their mittens on the 4th Fan Choice figure will have a chance.
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 4, 2004, 11:19 PM »

<----Raises hand  :(
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."