Author Topic: Your first Non-Parental Supervision Trip???  (Read 1573 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Your first Non-Parental Supervision Trip???
« on: May 22, 2004, 01:38 PM »
So, Kevin turns 18, and himself and his friends decide that a Camping Trip would be a good idea. Kevin's aunt own's a camping place, so he gets a site. Kevin's friends all 17, 18, are coming along on his camping extraviganza.

Untill the other day, Kevin did not even realize this is his first trip without any "adults" or parents coming along, and he is suddenly very excited at this aspect.

Kevin wants to know what your first trip without parents tagging along and watching over your sholder was like.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Your first Non-Parental Supervision Trip???
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 01:45 PM »
Read Here

Have Fun!  Don't do anything Brent would do!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 02:35 PM »
My first trip was at age 16, I went on a small three show tour with my friend's band...from florida up to upstate NY.

My second trip was the good one though - the next year at age 17, we drove up to Pittsburgh to go white water rafting, but it was really a detour because the entire point of the trip was to go to the Smithsonian and see the Magic of Myth exhibit.

It was an awesome trip.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 04:29 PM »
Read Here

Have Fun!  Don't do anything Brent would do!

Woo-woo, mr. excitement here ::)

Most of my early non-parental supervision road trips tended to involve big quantities of alcohol.  But then the drinking age here was/is 18 so that makes a wee bit of a distance.  I'll have to ruminate for a bit, but I think the first was a camping trip at around 14.  Second was the following summer and involved A LOT of beer and maybe a little barfing :-X
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Becky

• Youngling
  • Peace..
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2004, 11:44 PM »
My first non-parental trip was me and 3 other girls in a compact car going up north for a long weekend.  I still don't know, how we managed to put everything in one small car.  We had coolers, food, tent, clothes, etc in a Ford Fiestiva.  But, it was defintely a weekend none of us have forgotten.  We had a blast!!