Author Topic: Jedi Council sets 3 & 4  (Read 67612 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Jedi Council sets 3 & 4
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2004, 10:34 AM »
Huh.

Nothing new and no news on Agen Kolar or sets #3 and #4 other than to say they are coming this fall.

Nice to see Hasbro updating their site more often though... they have such a chance to use the site to generate early buzz, but just sit on pictures and info until everyone already knows about the stuff... wouldn't it be nice for them to post a few surprises every now and again?

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2004, 10:36 AM »
wouldn't it be nice for them to post a few surprises every now and again?

I agree, that would really be nice.  I'm glad to see them updating a little more frequently now too.  I was really hoping we might get another "vintage spotlight" feature this week, since we've been having 1-2 per week the last few weeks.  Plus, last week's Vader update said "check back later for pics of vintage Vader carded", and that still hasn't happened.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2004, 03:37 PM »
Just noticed that apparently Hasbro posted a "Q and A Update" this past Monday.  They only answer two questions, one about 12" and one about the Jedi Council sets.  You can view them at this link:

Hasbro June 14 Q and A

Here's what was asked/answered:

Star Wars Q & A for the week of June 14, 2004

Q: I haven’t seen many 12” figures at retail.  Were they cancelled?

A: No! As a matter of fact, as part of our Original Trilogy Collection, three 12" figures will be available at most fine retailers this fall in vintage style packaging: Luke Skywalker, Boba Fett, and Stormtrooper.  Check out the Republic News postings from Feb 13 and May 12, 2004 for more details.

Q: What are the names of the figures included in sets 3 and 4 of the Jedi Council Scene Packs?

A: Set 3 will include Stass Allie, Agen Kolar, and Shaak Ti. Set 4 will include Saesee Tiin, Adi Gallia, and Anakin Skywalker. Both scenes will be available this fall exclusively at Toys R Us.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2004, 03:55 PM »
I guess that settles that debate, with Hasbro confirming Agen Kolar and Stass Allie as part of Box #3, even though, technically, Stass and Agen were NOT on the council.

I thought Eeth Koth and Adi Gallia were still on the Council (since the council footage was recycled from Episode 1), and Agen Kolar and Stass Allie were just clever names for the new actors who played them during the Arena scenes... or has that been ret-conned?

::)

Jeff

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2004, 03:51 PM »
I see that a few Scalper "High-Demand" Shops have the First of the TRU box sets in stock.  I guess that means that these are on thier way to TRU.  Should be here in the next couple of weeks I guess...

Jeff

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2004, 03:54 PM »
Should be, I saw that ActionHQ will have them in stock soon so that means at least 2 weeks, more like a month

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: July 7, 2004, 04:36 AM »
I stumbled upon the third set, with Ki-Adi, Yoda, and Qui-Gonn, at a couple different TRUs today.  Lemme tell ya', this set is SUCK, SUCK, and more SUCK.  Gross.  If it wasn't for the articulated knees on a few key Jedi, and the playset value (floor and chairs) of these last 4 sets, I wouldn't even bother with this garbage...  (who am I kidding, I'd still have to buy them!)

Same ol' Yoda and Qui-Gonn in this one, from the looks of it.  And poor Ki-Adi looks like he got punched sumthin' fierce in both his eyes.  Either that, or he's going way too overboard with Padme's makeup kit...   ::)

Did I mention YUCK?!

SilverZ

« Reply #53 on: July 7, 2004, 09:32 PM »
So the local TRU had a case of six of these this morning (about 10:30-ish), stacked up in the overflow shelf way up high... I pulled the box down to make sure it was only Set 1 shipping (yes, Set 1, 6 per case), pulled one out, stacked it on the overflowing mass of Geonosis War Room sets on the shelf, and put the case back up high. Returning at 6pm, it was still sitting there, untouched. Things move pretty fast (Bueller?) at that TRU, so I think its a good indication of how shelf-warmy these things are.

I bought 2 the other day at another store, and the enourmous power of the suckage coming from within the package nearly opened up a black hole in my living room. These suck like nothing before them.

$20 bucks for 1/4 of the Council floor, a seated Ki, and two useless lumps of 1999 plastic lameness. Boo!

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2004, 07:15 AM »
Here are the box images of upcoming set 3 & 4 :)

OTC Jedi Council Scene 1

OTC Jedi Council Scene 2
www.starwars-force.com~~"The only Chinese starwars web site"

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2004, 11:14 AM »
These haven't shown up here yet, but checking out the pictures online....set 3 doesn't look too spectacular.  I wanted to pick these up, just to have the full "circle"...but it will be tough spending $20 on ones like Set 3, with repackaged figures (and not necessarily good figures even at that).  Oh well, I'll end up buying it anyways, because I want the whole circle :).

Offline habs98

• Jedi Initiate
  • Think before you speak to me!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2004, 11:41 PM »
Feel the same way.  These Council scenes are so wrong.  They should have chosen a Council from either EP1 or EP2.  Not a different Council from each movie.  Will I get them "yes", just to complete the circle but then I will replace them with the original council members from EP1.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2004, 03:10 PM »
You know, I saw 2x of the Yoda/Ki Adi/Qui Gon set at TRU this weekend...and although I do want to have the whole "circle", I just couldn't bring myself to pick it up...yet.  I have spent a fair amount the past couple weeks on OTC/VOTC and some Spider-Man stuff, so money was a little bit of a factor, but the set overall is just not that great from what I can see.  Just buying Episode I figures again, and not even great ones at that.  $20 seemed a little steep at the time just to get more of the circle, but I'll probably pick it up eventually.  Sets like this really are a rip off though, I will admit.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2004, 12:34 AM »
OMG I'm gonna barf after seeing the 2 sets they have on display at SDCC

Hey...let put the same figure in 2 sets and paint one slightly darker and call onr Adi Gallia and one Stass Allie

Let's not put in Coleman Trebor, Seated Depa Billaba or Seated Even Piell...bastards >:(

Matt should have some pics soon to show what I'm bitching about

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2004, 12:39 AM »
I'm not even gonna say much on these...  First sets were fairly decent.  At least NEW figures, NEW characters...  They filled sme void.

These new sets are REALLY lame right now.  As much as I want a cmplete set, I'm going to be hard pressed to buy into them.

It's a shame because, once again, Hasbro will say "well the fans just didn't like these, they must suck", when it's not the concept that sucks but rather the execution is attrocious.

The first sets didn't sell great...  unless they limit these things in prduction, they'll go nowhere fast.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77