Author Topic: Jedi Council sets 3 & 4  (Read 67618 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Jedi Council sets 3 & 4
« Reply #75 on: September 1, 2004, 10:29 AM »
Jedi Council Scene Packs 3 & 4 Available this Fall

I'm still passing on all these sets. Just like Brent, I'll wait for wait until clearance.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: September 1, 2004, 12:15 PM »
These are the suckiest things that have ever sucked

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #77 on: September 1, 2004, 12:32 PM »

Dang.  Those sets suck hard. 

I guess Hasbro was tired of people asking for them to finish the Jedi Council so they just pushed a bunch of crap at us.  I can't wait for next year when they say, "Gee we don't listen to collectors anymore.  They begged and begged for Jedi Council.  When we gave them what they wanted, no one bought it"

*ugh*

I hate when they re-use figures for these sets, but them to reuse the same figure for two sets IN A ROW, that's an all new low for Hasbro, and that says a lot  :-[

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #78 on: September 1, 2004, 01:53 PM »
Well, SaeSae is passable. The rest sucks in the hardest way I can imagine.

I guess Hasbro was tired of people asking for them to finish the Jedi Council so they just pushed a bunch of crap at us.  I can't wait for next year when they say, "Gee we don't listen to collectors anymore.  They begged and begged for Jedi Council.  When we gave them what they wanted, no one bought it"

Worse than that, they've killed the whole Screen Scene idea... again.  ::) We got some really cool figures of good quality out of the first rounds, even for PT figures. There's just no chance for a return to quality after these sets.  >:(

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #79 on: September 1, 2004, 03:05 PM »
I've never seen anything intentionally go out of its way to suck like these have.  Good lord.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 1, 2004, 11:03 PM »
Oooh, Agen Kolar has a brown undertunic!  What incredibly precise and creative paint apps on Hasbro's part.  It's times like this that I really dislike being even a loose completist.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #81 on: September 1, 2004, 11:19 PM »
Nice point about THEM killing the Screen Scenes Jared, and not us, but unfortunately we'll hear the same old rhetoric down the road where, "Well these were poor sellers at retail, so since they can't sell we're scrapping the idea...  Blah blah blah."

They are disappointing.  Some of the few action figure sets I've actually never picked up.  Holding off to at the least get something for free when I buy them, or perhaps a sale. :(

TRU's supposedly opening itself to the notion of price dropping in a timely fashion to better compete with big-box retailers, so we shall see.

The Eeth Sloth, to me, is the worst.  I mean...  Good lord.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #82 on: September 2, 2004, 06:45 AM »
the TRU exclusive screen scenes are the epitome of the suckiness that is hasbro. it's quite disgusting of them to try to pass this stuff as something new and unique and it is a slap in the face of kids and collectors alike. these will all sit on tru shelves for months (or perhaps years) thru xmas until tru realizes they have another hasbro stinker on their hands and finally clearance them out.

nataku is right in saying that hasbro will likely use the poor sales of this tripe to claim thay they shouldnt listen to us collectors, well if they do that, they can just **** off!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #83 on: September 2, 2004, 08:54 PM »

haha, j/k...  I made this about something at another site, incase I wanna whip this one out and i wanted to test it.  Carry on please.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 3, 2004, 07:46 AM »
I'm gonna go against the grain and plauy a little Devil's Advocate here...

I seem to remember a lot of folks saying they wanted all the Jedi Council figures made, no matter what. Thanks to these sets, t has happened.

I remember seeing people post "All I want is a (insert Jedi name) who can sit down like they did in the council scene with softgoods skirt and knee joints" Thanks to these sets, you've gotten quite a few of those.

Look, the first two sets were marginally decent: new characters, new sculpts. Some folks bought six of them to complete the Council circle. If you didn't, well, at least you now have the option of picking up sets with different figures to complete your scene.

It's sort of a case of being careful what you wish for, 'cause if you keep saying "I don't care how it gets done, I want the full Jedi Council Screen Scene," boy are you gonna get it.

(BTW, I never wanted one, I haven't bought a single one of these sets, and I don't expect to now.)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 3, 2004, 10:43 AM »
So how many of you have been picking up these council sets (the ones that are out anyways)?  The first one (maybe second too, not sure) has been sitting at our local TRU for quite some time, but I haven't picked it up yet.  It seems like a rip off to me for $20, but at the same time I do kind of want to have the entire council "circle".  Have most of you picked it up, passing for sure, or waiting out a clearance on these?  Just curious what some of you are doing.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #86 on: September 3, 2004, 10:54 AM »
I have the first 4, thinking about passing on these last two though.  And I think Bobb you have a point, but, and its a big butt, we usually put too much faith in Hasbro that they wouldn't cut as many corners as they did, especially after seeing how awesome the first two sets (plus the War Room Sets) were with all new figures.  There was a leap of faith that the rest of the figures would follow this path and they haven't even come close to that...why not retool Coleman Trebor a little to have him seated in the Council?  Or why not wait a few months and have 2 sets of Episode III Council Members...

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 3, 2004, 02:21 PM »
So how many of you have been picking up these council sets (the ones that are out anyways)? 

i nabbed the first two when they came out back when. these others? well, just to echo others sentiments, they suck. hard. but i want them, just for the bases, so i can have a complete jedi council. i'll probably nab them when they go to clearance. but then again, in my area, as soon as i hear something is on clearance it's usually too late and they all disappear. so who knows. if i walk down the street tomorrow and find an extra $100, maybe i'll go to toys r us and pick them up. but then again, maybe not.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #88 on: September 3, 2004, 02:48 PM »
I'm all in - twice, as usual.   :-[  But yeah, these SUCK.  The only real good thing to come out of these, as has already been stated numerous times here, is that you'll eventually be able to put together the entire Council diorama (chairs, floors, etc.).

Well, maybe they should've just made the entire Council into a regular boxed playset, with like one or two exclusive Jedi figures in it, and sold it for $20 and been done with it.  Forget all this rehashed crap.

On a side note, I've thought the whole Agen Kolar thing was very odd, since he was never on the Council, and the figure is just Eeth Koth.  But down at SDCC last month, when I saw that set in person, the name on the package said Eeth Koth, not Agen Kolar, which I thought was odd, but at least correct.  I even commented on that to Jared, saying at least they got the name right, and weren't trying to bull**** us into thinking the same exact figure was actually two entirely different characters.

Yet Hasbro's still saying (on their site) that it's Kolar.  Wonder what the final packaging at retail will say...  Either way, lame.   ::)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #89 on: September 3, 2004, 08:10 PM »
It's sort of a case of being careful what you wish for, 'cause if you keep saying "I don't care how it gets done, I want the full Jedi Council Screen Scene," boy are you gonna get it.

That's exactly why I nitpick...  If they ain't gonna do it right they need the "feedback" then.  And they didn't do it right on these... 

I'll never be one to say "I want it at all costs" because you're right Muftak.  They'll give  it to you...  Bend ya over and all.  It's like saying "I want Biker Scout 4-packs at all costs" when I don't like the Biker Scout figures available.  I want a 4-pack, but only if it's SA scouts that saw a carded release somewhere along the line...  :)  Otherwise I'm ok with having 3 of him (his 3 major variations).