Author Topic: Place Your Bets! AFA Grading my FF Weequay  (Read 12949 times)

Offline Dark_Kanos

• Youngling
  • Jawa Ben
    • View Profile
Re: Place Your Bets! AFA Grading my FF Weequay
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2004, 01:59 PM »
 :o I am right ! Party time now for me  ;D  :D
Jawa Ben

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2004, 03:56 PM »
:o I am right ! Party time now for me  ;D  :D

shouldn't you win the figure for guessing the correct grade??  ;) i think so.  ;D

Offline Dark_Kanos

• Youngling
  • Jawa Ben
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2004, 02:00 PM »
 :D Yes :D  :o Please man I need it man! I would take care of it like a baby! Nice handling and what not!  8)
Jawa Ben

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2004, 04:35 PM »
I was thinking about getting my Bonus Pit/Battle Droids figures graded but after seeing the amount they charge I'm thinking against it.  I have bought a AFA 85 Destoryer Droid BBD figure on ebay which made me wonder if I should just have all of those figures AFA grade to match but I think it will be better if I just buy acylic cases for these figures.  The only plus would be the UV protection.  

SilverZ

« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2004, 02:13 PM »
Kanos, it'll be right on its way to you, promise!  ;)

DK, yeah, I don't think it's worth it for any but a few modern era figures, and that again is only if you feel the strong compulsion to solidify a monetary value of the figure, or, in my case, are doing it as part of a display idea. It would cost a fortune!

After doing this, I think I’m scrapping my plan to do one of every modern cardback. If I did, I’d have to do:

POTF2 Orange
POTF2 Green
POTF2 FF (done)
POTF2 Flashback
POTF2 Commtech
SOTE
EU
E1
E1 redesign
POTJ
Saga 2002
Saga 2003
Saga 2003 redesign
SOTE
EU
Star Tours
CW
CW Animated
OTC
VOTC
Theater Edition Luke
TF Vader
Sacul

:o That’s 22 23 cards right there! Never mind the cost, my intended display probably would only make sense to emphasize perhaps 6-8, tops.

And that’s omitting things like POTF2 Green with Holo, the bogus silver carded exclusives, oddballs like the Battlefront giveaway Biker Scout, and international cards.

There’s also the issue of how to grade a VOTC figure, since it comes in the outer clamshell. It’d consider a carded VOTC figure as incomplete without the clamshell, but it would be pretty funky and nonstandard to throw an acrylic case around a plastic clamshell.

EDIT: Damn, forgot Star Tours figures!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 02:29 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Dark_Kanos

• Youngling
  • Jawa Ben
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2004, 04:33 PM »
 ??? Your joking about sending it right man but if not I will take care of it :D
Jawa Ben

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2004, 10:05 PM »
It’d consider a carded VOTC figure as incomplete without the clamshell, but it would be pretty funky and nonstandard to throw an acrylic case around a plastic clamshell.

oh, don't worry. afa will now have to charge more to make another, bigger case, just for those  ::)

SilverZ

« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2004, 03:18 AM »
??? Your joking about sending it right man but if not I will take care of it :D

I'm just messin' with you, dude.  8)

oh, don't worry. afa will now have to charge more to make another, bigger case, just for those  

No doubt. They'll probably leave it as a "custom size" like they do the deluxe cases. I wanted to send in the MOTDS but I don't think its worth the money. Ah well, end of story.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2004, 11:36 AM »
This has NOTHING to do with PotF2, but since it came up, I noticed this on eBay while looking for pictures of new stuff...

From a Cloud City Scalpers Collectables vOTC Han Solo eBay auction:

Note that the figures have been removed from their Hasbro issued plastic cases. AFA has indicated that they will grade these new vintage style figures both sealed in the plastic cases and out of the cases. However, the fee for grading these figures in their plastic cases will fall under their custom tier for an extra $15.

Looks like AFA will go either way, depending on what you want.  Take it out of the Hasbro Clamshell for regular price, leave it in the Hasbro clamshell for "custom size" pricing ($15 more).

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender