Author Topic: Are you all caught up?  (Read 6720 times)

Revenge

Are you all caught up?
« on: May 28, 2004, 03:00 AM »
Are you finished collecting the saga line waiting to get the new Original Trilogy figures, or are you still searching for 2002 toys? ;D

I am finished with saga. I picked up everything I "needed" and am waiting for the new line to hit the shelves.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Are you all caught up?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 03:19 AM »
I'm fortunately a lot more caught up than I was just 3 weeks ago with the tail end of the Saga line here...  SoCal, usually a plethora of new SW goodness, has been a baren wasteland in 2004, but just recently new stuff's finally been trickling out to retail.

I've still never seen a Tanus, J'Quille, or Madine yet, but that's it really.  Fortunately, a buddy's hooking me up with my 3 necessary Tanus's, so that leaves me needing just 3 J'Quilles and Madines, and an extra or two of the Star Destroyer and Endor General wave figures, of which I've only got one or two.  Still behind, but I'm not super concerned about the 2 newest waves just yet.  I've learned over the years to be patient, 'cause they'll hit eventually.  J'Quille is admittedly getting me a little nervous though...

It would be nice to be all caught up in time for the OTC's release, so hopefully I can still pull that miraculous feat off in the next couple weeks here.   8)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 07:18 AM »
I'm missing:
Tajanus
J'Quille
Rappertune
Ultra Denizens
Ultra Jabba
Enitre Star Destroyer Wave
Entire Endor Wave
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2004, 09:08 AM »
I still need J'Quille, Dannl Faytonni, and the Endor Wave. I don't have the Hoth Soldier either, but I have seen him but just have not bought it yet.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2004, 09:14 AM »
as unbelievable as this may sound... yes. i'm actually caught up for once  ::)

now i need to "catch up" with my bust collection  >:(

stupid exclusives

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2004, 09:44 AM »
I'm only one figure behind: that crappy AT-ST Han, which I'm not particularly worried about, considering he's going to be reissued in the OTC line and he's not all that interesting in the first place.  

I've been extremely lucky with this year's figures, finding the majority at retail (although usually only once) and by an online friend helping me out with the ones I never saw at retail (J'Quille, Jedi Luke, R1-G4, Bar-2).  I only hope that the OTC disaster...I mean line goes as well.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2004, 09:50 AM »
Once my Endor Generals case gets here from NewForce next Tuesday, I'll be all caught up with the Saga carded figures.

The only thing that I'll still be hunting is the Anakin, Luke, and Leia figure w/Cup sets from Target.  Still haven't seen those buggers.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2004, 10:25 AM »
NOOOOOOOOO

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2004, 11:22 AM »
I would be caught up, but I over-spent on the OTC Dagobah wave.  I’m still technically short of Bar2D2, and the SD and Endor waves but none of those are hard to find over here, so I’ll pick them up gradually over the next 2-3 weeks.
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2004, 09:21 PM »
I am due to a pending trade with JuvyD.  Finally found someone crazy enough to want trilogo stuff that isn't in Japan.  No problem trading with Tai in Japan, just that it costs me 2.5 figures in shipping $$ just to send him 4 figures.  Not a good economical deal.  

I need the Leia cup set, then I'll gather the new figs from OTC and wait and see if they come here so I can check out the rehashes to see if I want them.  I may snag Vader/Luke figs, but I already have some of those as doubles carded.   :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2004, 10:40 PM »
I believe with Ultra Ewok who came in the mail yesterday that I am officially caught up.  I have all of what I want for OTC (with maybe the Bespin Luke) on Preorder and the first two waves of VOTC also on preorder.  I should be set until October :-*

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 11:02 PM »
As of today I am all caught up on the Saga toys! :)
Now to wait for the OTC toys that I want.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2004, 02:02 PM »
I need to run out and find an animated Mace Windu and I'm done with the CW animated line. As for Saga, I got what I wanted and now I will wait for the OTC.
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2004, 03:48 PM »
Saga - Elan, Kenobi(outlander), Ay Vida, Lt Faytonni, Padme(Lars), Concept Stormtrooper, J'Quile, Tanus, Luke Palace, Luke Hologram, Ozzel, Madine, Lando(Gen), Vader (Throne Room), Emperor, Bossk, Dengar, Han AT-ST, A-Wing fighter

CW - Kit Fisto, SA Clonetrooper, Saesee Tiin, Assaj.

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2004, 04:04 PM »
Now completed Saga. My OTC collection will never be "complete".
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)