Author Topic: What Are You Playing?  (Read 7935 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: What Are You Playing?
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2004, 07:39 PM »
WWE Day of Reconing
WrestleMania 18

My two loves.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2004, 11:37 AM »
Not a whole lot of time for gaming anymore, but recently I picked up NBA Live 2005.  Being a big hoops fan, it was a must for me, and it is a very fun game.  There is a new dunk contest feature this year (complete All-Star weekend), and it is a lot of fun.  So many different dunks you are able to do, with practice, and hopefully it provides a few new ideas to the real players to spice up the dunk contest again this year.  Anyways, good game, if you like pro hoops.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2004, 11:50 AM »
Mario 2 on GBA advance.  Why do I play this game the best at 1:30 am? :-\  Can't make any progress all day, then boom, move ahead five levels ::)

As an aside, our first GBA crapped out on us after only three weeks.  Screen went all wonky, looking all VGA-ish.  Always good to keep receipts.  A bonus 7 charges out of that rechargeable. ;)

Still can't find what I need on level two of Apprentice of the Force :-[
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

SilverZ

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2004, 06:02 PM »
If you're an old arcade gaming fart like me, you might have loved Out Run. If you did, you owe it to yourself to get OutRun2 on the Xbox as soon as possible.

This is a very much an arcade gameplay experience, where car physics are tweaked more for speed and ease of use than simulation, so don't expect elaborate crash dynamics or true-to-life car behavior. What it is, though, is the best update of a classic arcade game in ages. It still feels like OutRun from 1986, from the music, to the car selection, to the sense of speed and fun, while having control and visuals that bring it up to date.

The game also happens to have a ton of new modes built for its Xbox debut. It may best be described as an arcady Need For Speed: Underground in its race modes. It also is Live enabled for up to 8 players.

I'm in nostalgia heaven right now. I grabbed it at TRU last night, which seems to have it early. It's supposed to street on 10/26.

;D

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2004, 09:17 PM »
Right now my video game addiction is NCAA Football '05.  I've won 6 straight National Titles w/ Nebraska. 

I just picked up THUG 2 last week so I need to dive into that at some point.  Just can't wait for Halo 2!