Author Topic: New Hyperspace feature - Knollvision  (Read 3306 times)

SilverZ

New Hyperspace feature - Knollvision
« on: June 2, 2004, 08:15 PM »
The first of the 360 Quicktime VR images were posted on the official site yesterday. It's the "turbolift lobby" of a Trade Federation cruiser. It's the same set that can be seen in one of the Video Diaries, where Anakin is carrying Obi-Wan over his shoulder.

I'm seriously thrilled with the visual look of everything we've seen thus far. It feels so OT... finally. Anyone else check these out yet?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: New Hyperspace feature - Knollvision
« Reply #1 on: June 3, 2004, 10:05 AM »
Played around with that two night ago, pretty awesome feature.  That uses the Ball type thingy Knoll is seen with in some of the EpI and II docs correct?  Its amazing how much detail that thing captures!

Can't wait to see what else comes...for as much as we know about the plot we've seen very little of most of the locations (Mustafar, Coruscant etc)  The Spoilers have been huge but the visual leaks have been held really in check

How many spoiler pics of Vader or Padme have we seen?  Has it been confirmed Tarkin was there etc  It is sort of weird

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 3, 2004, 11:44 AM »
I checked out that feature the other night as well, pretty cool.  I look forward to what other places they might show us in the future.

SilverZ

« Reply #3 on: June 3, 2004, 08:35 PM »
Yeah, I'm surprised how candid they've been about revealing so much of the visual direction of the movie. Somehow things don't feel "spoiled" if they are coming from LFL. They've done a good job at keeping major leaks bottled up.  That we haven't seen anything about those old Tarkin shots or a single Vader leak is pretty amazing.

I think I actually like the spoonfed official spoilers much more than the blithering fanboy "leaks" and crap out of Tfn, etc.

As far as the orb goes, that's a tool for measuring lighting conditions in 3D space, I believe. I think I read at the OS via Pablo the Webguy that these were created by splicing several shots together from something more "normal" of a camera. Not that I have any clue how that was done so well. The images hold up really well even at full zoom.

Fun stuff!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: June 8, 2004, 10:48 PM »
New one's up...Palpy's Private office, looks so, so nice!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 9, 2004, 10:37 AM »
Yeah, pretty spiffy....this is a neat feature they are running.

SilverZ

« Reply #6 on: June 9, 2004, 10:39 PM »
Oooh... Imperial colors in there. Good times.

Nice to see that even Sith have a soft spot for nice floor presentation. Looks like Palp's chamber is well carpeted.

SilverZ

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 01:13 AM »
#3 is up, and it's Padme's Veranda. Yay, columns.

I've never liked any of the Naboo-inspired set designs (even the ones that bleed over into Coruscant like this).

SilverZ

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 06:36 PM »
And this week's Knollvision is up - it's the video village of plasma monitors, with Lucas and Co during a Christopher Lee scene. There's a lovely basket of bananas under the rightmost plasma screen.

Not much to see in this one, but it's a lot more interesting that Padme's apartment.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2004, 10:38 AM »
Padme's apartment was pretty blah

This new one is also not that great either...give us some groovy stuff like Palpatines private office

SilverZ

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 03:43 AM »
It's Tuesday and it's time for a new one - its more Trade Federation cruiser doors! It's on their rotating gimble thinger. I'm actually excited to see how all this rotating ship stuff turns out - I'm looking forward to seeing some good interaction with the sets, which has been so sorely lacking from the PT... there's just lots of static sets with people standing around, all very dry, and all very static.

I wonder how close we are to seeing the Tantive IV or a SD bridge on this.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2004, 12:17 PM »
Bails's Speeder is the latest...I wonder if they will let something leak on this Knollvision, something...big

It still amazes me that we keep seeing the same stuff over and over and over again.  

SilverZ

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2004, 07:22 PM »
You'd think they'd have to. We've probably done to death all the practical sets that aren't spoilerish or still being kept super-secret barring ones that would have a big fanboy "impact".

I imagine they have the Tantive hallway all qued up for later for just such excitement, and until we hit each of those milestones we get piddly things like the speeder. This one was rather odd since there's very little need for a 360 view of the "set". Seeing a ship up on a gimble in front of greenscreen and a giant fan isn't exactly immersive.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2004, 10:26 PM »
It's Tuesday and it's time for a new one - its more Trade Federation cruiser doors! It's on their rotating gimble thinger. I'm actually excited to see how all this rotating ship stuff turns out - I'm looking forward to seeing some good interaction with the sets, which has been so sorely lacking from the PT... there's just lots of static sets with people standing around, all very dry, and all very static.

I wonder how close we are to seeing the Tantive IV or a SD bridge on this.

Ahem....Tantive hallway is now up!!!

SilverZ

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 12:20 AM »
Nice one up there this week! The General's Quarters... more Trade Federation ship interiors, but dang, this one's nice. It looks like traditional Imperial design with all those slim light slats. Pretty cool, but I'm thinking it's time for some lava action.