Author Topic: How did YOU propose, or get proposed to?  (Read 3143 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: How did YOU propose, or get proposed to?
« Reply #15 on: June 4, 2004, 11:47 AM »
Congratulations Grant!  Smart move with the 1 year engagement time period.  Makes the wedding planning much less stressful since it's not so rushed.  Gotta agree with Mikey, that I would've been crapping my drawers tossing an engagement ring out into a lake like that!   :o  Crazy, but definitely creative!  Nice work.  Best wishes to you and Nicole.

I'll have to share my proposal story here soon as well...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: June 4, 2004, 11:50 AM »
That tooks balls of steel to throw the ring out in the lake like that.  Great idea though...congrats on the upcoming nuptials

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 4, 2004, 12:17 PM »
I agree with everyone thus far that it took balls to do that. Even if the knot was the best, it could have caught on somthing in the lake. Gutsy move I tell ya.

Congrats to both of you Grant. Thats one heck of an engagement proposal & a fishing story.  ;)  8)

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 5, 2004, 01:28 AM »
Lets see
October 17 1997 took my wife to paris and on top of the eiffel tower did the proposal.
It was good she laughed at me when i asked i don't think she thought i was serious till i got out the ring.
It was great all my family knew it was going to happen even her family knew and we still managed to keep her in the dark about it.
I think she enoyed it.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself