Author Topic: Another possible change at the end of ROTJ DVD??  (Read 2902 times)

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
Another possible change at the end of ROTJ DVD??
« on: June 8, 2004, 05:02 AM »
I came across a very interesting bit of text that MIGHT be a possible foreshadowing to another change in the upcoming ROTJ DVD?  Scroll down/read 2nd to last line carefully.
 As some of you may know there was some speculation/pic a few weeks ago at aicn.com of EP.III Anakin being inserted into the "Jedi Spirit" scene at the end of ROTJ.  You can check out that thread here.  I know I am probably reading too much into it,but it still makes me wonder if they got something else in store.  From the many reports I've read Lucas seems to be tweaking the OT DVD's quite a bit,it wouldn't surprise me.

Could it be Yoda,Obi-Wan,and now Anakin will do that cool disappearing act?.  Any thoughts?  Or I'm I just spending too much time at the Force.net? :P
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Another possible change at the end of ROTJ DVD??
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 06:52 PM »
From SW.com:
"...His mask and life support removed, Anakin looked upon Luke for the first and last time. He then died, his body disappearing into the light side of the Force. Luke burned the dark armor..."

Hmmm...  Interesting.  You may be onto something there Ricardo.  Sure doesn't mesh with ROTJ as we know it, so perhaps this will be another new edit made for the OT's DVD release.  Anakin disappears, leaving just Vader's armor behind for Luke to drag out of the hangar...?  The Jedi vanishing part makes sense to me, but I think that might make the subsequent funeral pyre seem a bit strange.  Would that seem a little odd of Luke to just burn the Vader armor, knowing that his father has already "passed on" to the Jedi Spirit world?  Not sure how I'd feel about this one...   :-\

Guess we'll find out pretty soon...   8)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 08:37 PM »
I have always thought (after reading that and hearing other people talk about it) that Luke olny burned the Remains of the suit and no the body.  If Lucas does add a shot of Anakin disappearing a little I wouldn't mind that.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 10:48 PM »
I have always thought (after reading that and hearing other people talk about it) that Luke olny burned the Remains of the suit and no the body.  If Lucas does add a shot of Anakin disappearing a little I wouldn't mind that.

i would. and i'm sure i'm not alone. call me a purist, call me picky, call me whatever. but i just think he should leave them alone already.

SilverZ

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 04:48 PM »
Nice catch there, Ricardo. With my new attitude that the SE Trilogy has no relation to the Star Wars movies we saw 20 years ago, this change is fine with me. It makes sense in the current canon and doesn’t alter the current character’s arc; in fact it might improve it.

Keep in mind we’re talking about the 6-part Star Wars series that began in 1997, not the classic sci-fi trilogy that was also called Star Wars that ended in 1983.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 04:49 PM by Tydirium »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 04:52 PM »
Wasn't it said somewhere that he actually did disappear on the shuttle or something to that effect...Fanboy speculation or Official LFL EU???