Author Topic: Clone Wars Season 2 coming!  (Read 5458 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Clone Wars Season 2 coming!
« on: June 3, 2004, 02:01 PM »
http://www.theforce.net/episode2/index.shtml

Season 2?

More Clone War Cartoons
Wed, Jun 02, 04 09:08:15 AM EDT

Princess Leia tells us that 20 new Clone Wars episodes are signed for and will debut in the Spring of 2005, just prior to the release of Episode III. We would speculate that the animators will get to see the final movie at a screening shortly and develop the plot closely tied to the new movie. We're also hearing that a Clone Wars DVD release is a pending announcement, though we're not sure if both "seasons" will be included or first only. More soon!

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
Re: CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions
« Reply #1 on: June 3, 2004, 02:25 PM »
That's pretty cool news, if it pans out.  Took me a while to warm up to the whole CW idea, but after watching the first set of cartoons, I'm definitely up for some more.  Hopefully that means they'll put a few more of the animated figures out as well, since there's still some glaring holes in that collection that I'd love to fill.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
Re: CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions
« Reply #3 on: June 8, 2004, 11:35 PM »
Giddy Up
Great news can't wait that long though!!!
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Clone Wars Season 2 coming!
« Reply #4 on: June 9, 2004, 05:31 AM »
Clone Wars Lives!

http://www.starwars.com/clonewars/about/news/news20040608.html

Cool news, now that it's official!  The only real constructive criticisms that I heard on Season 1 was the brief running time, so it's nice to see they listened to the fans and adjusted that to five 12 minute episodes, instead of the twenty 3 minute episodes.  I probably would've been a little happier with ten 6 minute episodes though, since only five episodes seems a little too quick.  Same thing though...

Looking forward to them.  Hope they don't go too overboard with that lame Grievous character though!  Hopefully a complete DVD of all the episodes, and another wave or two of the animated figures isn't too far behind...   8)
« Last Edit: June 9, 2004, 05:33 AM by JediMAC »

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Clone Wars Season 2 coming!
« Reply #5 on: June 9, 2004, 09:09 AM »
Well I hope this means they will release 1 massive DVD. I really hope so.

I also hope this means we will be getting more animated figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 9, 2004, 12:08 PM »
Yipee!  I don't want more animated figures (really dislike them), but would be all for a couple more waves of movie style Clone Wars figures, and one big DVD.

:P

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: June 9, 2004, 02:29 PM »
I like the Cartoon figures and don't really care for the real ones...huh :-*

THought parts of the first Series were pretty dumb but most of it was top notch stuff.  Not a huge fan of the animation style but it worked fine.  Great idea to have this be the countdown to Episode III instead of the Hololink stuff they tried for Episode II

SilverZ

« Reply #8 on: June 9, 2004, 10:35 PM »
At 12 minute runtimes we should be getting some much more plot-driven episodes, especially so close to the movie release. That should be cool.

I have a hard time seeing how we'll get new figures in the same timeframe though. It would mean Target would be stocking a new, non-Episode 3 line literally 2-3 weeks before the assumed Ep3 figures hit. Not that I don't want them. I just have a bad feeling about it.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 9, 2004, 10:43 PM »
I assume this was on the back burner all along and that is why we never got the DVD like we thought would happen after the 20 episode's were done.

Very cool news.  I hope they run them all again and this time I'll make sure the VCR is set up on the right channel :-\.
Beth

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 03:37 PM »
I'm really happy to hear about this too, especially with some longer running times.  I thought that the first season was pretty cool, even though it did have its cheezy moments, and I really did enjoy it.  Like it was said above, it is a nice way to lead into Episode III too.  I'm up for some more animated figures too, I kind of liked the first 8 we got...something a little "different" for the collection if nothing else.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2004, 09:56 PM »
I have a hard time seeing how we'll get new figures in the same timeframe though. It would mean Target would be stocking a new, non-Episode 3 line literally 2-3 weeks before the assumed Ep3 figures hit. Not that I don't want them. I just have a bad feeling about it.

it all depends on which characters they want to make. and it all depends on where in the timeline these cartoon episodes are supposed to take place.

if they make the cartoon timeline take place right before episode 3 - say like 6 months - then you would basically get episode 3 figures in cartoon style, again depending on which characters they choose to make. i would think that they would put most of the characters from the movie into these cartoons if the timeline was close enough, just for that reason.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2004, 02:04 PM »
Should the title read season 3?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2004, 02:09 PM »
Not sure...I think Season 1 was all of the first twenty parts...since technically it was all one long story with only one set of credits

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 02:42 AM »
1 more hour and 12 min per episode. That is gonna be tight.  
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader