Author Topic: EP3 Prototype Images!  (Read 8947 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: EP3 Prototype Images!
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2004, 10:41 PM »
Can bet your life savings that I'm a happy camper here...  Articulation's been THE single most drawback to the Star Wars line.  It's nice to see Hasbro's caught on with every other toy company but McFarlane,a nd realized that articulated toys are the way to go. 

Kudos to them.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2004, 11:11 PM »
I'm dying to see what Anakin and Obi Wan look like.  SA Duel figures, pretty please.

SilverZ

Re: EP3 Prototypes
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2004, 02:44 AM »
Holy crap, nice! Scratch one giant fear about the ROTS line, at least for Collection 2.

Wow, the articulation looks outstanding!  Nice, neutral poses, good detail.  Looking pretty great so far.  If this is the direction Hasbro's going to be taking with the line, including future OT figures, then I can probably stomach a buck or two price increase.

Hopefully this is a turning point for the entire line. All three look like winners. If Dooku's arm articulation is the standard we'll get for dueling characters all is right in the world.

What's interesting, is that at Comic Con, Hasbro said they'd be running the Collection 1 and 2 assortments again, similar to Saga, and that they'd be returning to the dreaded Action Features.  A couple of these are certainly "main characters" (Dooku, Palpy), so to see them looking like this either means they'll be in Collection 2 (in addition to Collection 1), or just that the Action Features aren't going to be as prominent as we're all fearing.

I wouldn't consider any of these 3 core characters. They’re supporting characters, even if prominent ones, so they just gotta be C2. Plus, they're characters that have been released before and even if wearing new wardrobe just aren't needed in heavy distribution like the Anakins and Obis I'm assuming are being put into C1.

I'm fully expecting some heinous atrocities committed in the C1 line in the name of kids and action features.

I'd be thrilled to learn if they've really learned their lesson and made a larger gap and difference between C1 and C2 figures. Those pics above certainly qualify as collector oriented, and I doubt I could come back wanting anything else out of a Dooku or Bail, so I'd be ready to call them definitive barring any unique on-screen event takes place (on par with Luke losing a hand in ESB type features) that would improve the figure's totality.

That does make me worry a bit about the core characters, like if we'll be waiting a while for C2  SA versions of Anakin and Obi-Wan while C1 gets spring-loaded "Final Duel" versions with wide stances. If they really do acknowledge the need for collector versions of figures that require kid-friendly versions at launch, I'll be happy to wait, assuming an SA one is on the way.

Looks a hell of a lot rosier for next year than I had expected, though!  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2004, 03:14 AM »
The thing about Super Articulation is...

Do you think you'll not buy a pre-posed, or otherwise specific version?  Suspending disbelief on the action features for the moment, as I can't think of anyone (sane) who actually thought those were the hottest idea in Hasbro's history of not hot ideas.

To me, the SA only enhances the pre-posed figures to me.  Like VOTC Han kicks ass in every way imagineable, but there's the bonus enjoyment I now get out of the POTJ Death Star Escape Han because I have that VOTC Han that is the definitive to me.  DSE just looks kinda cool now, whereas before I really hated that figure and considered it a sheer waste.

I really love these new E3 figure images...  Proof Hasbro's learned something in the last 2 years or so...  Collection 2 figures weren't vaguely close to this level of quality in Saga's run, so I'm really excited at what is awaiting us with ROTS, and then what could be coming beyond that!  I can't friggin' wait. 

Best figures ever are coming our way now and in the future...  That's bright news.  They know how to go into a line's (supposed) ending period, and make you wish it wasn't stopping any time soon.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2004, 09:02 PM »
They're pretty good. So good, in fact, there's no way in hell they're Collection 1 figures.

I'm certainly fearing the worst with these figures. With every step in the right direction (POTJ, VOTC), Hasbro takes two steps back (Saga launch).
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2004, 04:14 PM »
Thanks Durge! To bad your real name shows up in that link!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline General Grievous

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2004, 05:32 PM »
Everyone knew it was me anyway. :)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2004, 06:06 PM »