Author Topic: 10 Years of Searching For the Real Killers  (Read 11842 times)

Offline DrunkJedi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Years of Searching For the Real Killers
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2006, 03:05 PM »
What's really sad about this is that he can just come out and say he did it and there's nothing anyone could do about it due to the whole Double Jeopardy thing.

I choose not to watch this crap.

He could be charged with perjury.

No he couldn't for the criminal case. Never followed the civil case, but I was taking a grade 12 law class when the trial was going on so it got discussed alot. The only forms of testimony OJ gave (like the trying on the glove) were not done on the stand so he was not under oath. Since he wasn't under oath, he could lie all he wanted and nobody could do sweet eff all about it legally.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #31 on: November 20, 2006, 04:34 PM »
Thanks to the American public, it looks like this mystery will remain unsolved.   >:(

O.J. Simpson book, TV special canceled

NEW YORK - After a firestorm of criticism, News. Corp. said Monday that it has canceled the O.J. Simpson book and television special "If I Did It."

"I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project," said Rupert Murdoch, News Corp. chairman. "We are sorry for any pain that his has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson."

A dozen Fox affiliates had already said they would not air the two-part sweeps month special, planned for next week before publication of the book. It was being published by ReganBooks, a HarperCollins imprint owned, like the Fox network, by News Corp.

In the projects, Simpson speaks in hypothetical terms about how he would have committed the 1994 slayings of his ex-wife Nicole and her friend Goldman.

The industry trade publication Broadcasting & Cable editorialized against the show Monday, saying "Fox should cancel this evil sweeps stunt."

One of the nation's largest superstore chains, Borders Group Inc., said last week it would donate any profits on the book to charity.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2006, 05:21 PM »
Good.  I don't think he should make millions of dollars off of 2 murdered people.  I'm surprised it took this long.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2006, 07:50 PM »
You think there's any chance HarperCollins will cancel publication of the book too?  Nah, too much money to be made.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2006, 09:40 PM »
You think there's any chance HarperCollins will cancel publication of the book too?  Nah, too much money to be made.

According to this they have.  You know that if any of these find their way out (and you know they will), some nimrods will pay stupid money for them.

John

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 20, 2006, 09:47 PM »
A small victory for moral outrage.

Hooray for humanity.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 20, 2006, 11:02 PM »
You think there's any chance HarperCollins will cancel publication of the book too? Nah, too much money to be made.

According to this they have.

I guess if I would have read Matt's post closer I would have realized that.   ::)  :-[

O.J. Simpson book, TV special canceled

NEW YORK - After a firestorm of criticism, News. Corp. said Monday that it has canceled the O.J. Simpson book and television special "If I Did It."

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2006, 05:10 PM »

According to this they have.  You know that if any of these find their way out (and you know they will), some nimrods will pay stupid money for them.

John

they were saying that lots of copies have been printed.  i am sure this will be like prince's black album.  one of the most sought after and easiest to find bootlegs.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2007, 06:41 PM »
Fox

CNN

I find it sad that he may go down for this robbery and not the double murder that he was accused of.  Hopefully the Clark COunty DA does a better job then the LA ones did back in that trial.

Offline john todd

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm the llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2007, 08:20 PM »
the charges on this one seem pretty flimsy.  if he weren't OJ, i wouldn't expect him to get more than probation.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2007, 08:28 AM »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 4, 2008, 11:13 AM »
OJ found guilty and could face life in prison:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/04/oj.simpson.verdict/index.html

It's been exactly thirteen years to the day since he was acquitted for killing his ex-wife - how weird is that?
« Last Edit: October 4, 2008, 11:15 AM by ruiner »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #42 on: October 4, 2008, 05:56 PM »
Finally Justice is served.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 4, 2008, 09:46 PM »
It's about time.

Online Rob