Author Topic: Are you buying all of the VOTC 12" figures?  (Read 8131 times)

Durge

Are you buying all of the VOTC 12" figures?
« on: June 12, 2004, 11:18 PM »
Are you buying all of the VOTC 12" figures? If not, which are you buying? Which do you like best?

I'm getting all 3 just for the nostalgic packaging. I like Luke and Stormtrooper, but Boba's baby blue suit just bothers me. I'm hoping it gets changed, but I won't hold my breath.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Are you buying all of the VOTC 12" figures?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 03:52 PM »
i'll be buying all 3. my big dilemma is that i have all of my 12" collection loose, but these look so awesome in the boxes i might have to buy doubles.  ::)

Durge

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 03:20 PM »
I wonder if anyone will be dying their Boba Fett suit. Could be a nice custom project.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 10:51 PM »
Once again, firmly grasped in the testicular region by Hasbro, I'm buying 2 each.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Katarn07

• Youngling
  • NRI Jedi Mercenary
    • View Profile
    • Echo Network
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2004, 01:14 PM »
I've ordered the series already and they're gonna ship sometime later this month but if I see a Stormie or Boba in the store, I will be very tempted to get one of each loose to put into the rest of my 12" collection.
The Force is strong with Katarn....

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2004, 02:35 AM »
I am hoping to get two of the grey suit Boba's.  One to keep boxed and the other to customize.  After this weekend of customizing my first 12" with the "Ultimate Jango Fett" into a more realistic/better body, I am quite pleased with the results.  I plan to do the same with Boba, and have the baddest bounty hunters in the galaxy, father and son back to back. ;D
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2004, 08:40 PM »
I'n not just getting one, but two of each.  If Fett does have the production run change of suits, then I'll need four!!!! :-\
Beth

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2004, 10:18 PM »
If I could find them, I'd pick up a set. Though since I like the packaging so much, I may buy two. Depends if funds and availability permit.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2004, 12:48 AM »
okay, so a few months ago when these 12" votc figures were announced and shown, i got really excited, since boba fett is like my all time favorite character, and the figure they made of him looked pretty bad ass.

a few days ago, i see someone at rs selling an extra 12" votc fett, along with some other stuff i needed, so i contacted him and bought a bunch of stuff.

yesterday, the box arrived, and i couldn't wait to get home from work and check them out. the fett was the blue suit version, so i kinda bought just as a hold-me-over till i get the grey one. the packaging on these is so awesome, i didn't even want to take it out of the box. but i had to, since none of my 12" collection is boxed anymore.

that was the biggest mistake i've made in a long time.

to make a long story short - this figure sucks. absolutley sucks. $30 for this? i'm guessing that box cost about $25 to make then... it is almost enough to make me appreciate the first boba fett figure, with the ridiculously small head and no articulation. he might not be going to that "misfit" pile where the old figures that have better versions released end up....

where do i start? the helmet. it's huge. almost like they took the "extra" from the first helmet that they forgot to add, and put it with this one to make up for it. the range finder is like a flimsy piece of pasta. it won't even stay straight.

the pouches on his uniform. wtf? is he supposed to put ewoks in there? they are freakin huge.

the legs/boots. way too small. his feet are so small, it would be like a guy who was 6' tall wearing a size 5 shoe. they don't even support his weight.

after this, i'm not even sure if i want the correct grey version. what's the point?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 1, 2004, 09:59 PM »
That's more than a little disconcerting :-\

I got the small head Boba not that long ago and it was my desire to replace him with the grey suited version.  In fact, I just worked out a trade for it.  Problem being that I open mine too.  

Anyway to do a head swap on these?  I had planned on ebaying the little melon Fett, but if I can end up making a really sweet figure, I will.  
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 1, 2004, 10:17 PM »
i was thinking about it, but using a $30 figure for custom fodder isn't exactly my version of a good idea. but to be honest, he is kinda growing on me, since he is standing right in front of me these past few days. i might have been a little harsh in my "review", since i was so excited about getting it and then feeling a little disappointed.

i still think the head is too large, no doubt about it. but i think that if there was a little bit of his neck showing - just a little bit - it wouldn't be as bad. it's just that his helmet pretty much sits on his shoulders, which makes it look freakin' huge.

the pouches really aren't that big i guess, but they are a little oversized imo.

his feet are way too small, and too skinny. his ankles/calfs are way too skinny as well, and this makes his uniform pants very baggy, especially at the bottom. the knee pads they put on him, even though they are nice, are too big, even with the elastic band on the back, and keep falling down to his ankles.

it might be worth a shot for me to try and combine the good parts of this figure with the good parts (or just the parts that aren't so good on this one) from the electronic fett that i have. at least that one had removeable boots, which were much more in scale to the figure than these tiny feet this one has.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 1, 2004, 10:24 PM »
Yeah, not a cheap option, but I'd like to have a really good Fett rather than 2-3 of them.  That small head makes me laugh so much, too much neck, need the happy medium.  I guess I'll see when mine arrives.  

All of my 12" stuff stands on a high shelf, so I only see from the knees up anyway, might not be so bad.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 1, 2004, 10:32 PM »
just get the marmit and be done with it. that's pretty much the best fett you're gonna find, short of mixing and matching parts from this one and that one to make your "ultimate" fett.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 1, 2004, 10:53 PM »
The Marmit Fett is the best one but its going to cost. They go for $102. - $140.  but since Mr. Bug like loose, there is one on evilBay right now.  ;)

Offline Katarn07

• Youngling
  • NRI Jedi Mercenary
    • View Profile
    • Echo Network
« Reply #14 on: August 9, 2004, 06:04 PM »
Boba's not that bad. Still no Marmit. I have the gray version from my local TRU and hope I get the blue one from EE.
The Force is strong with Katarn....