Community > JD Sports Forum!

Boy, Collecting Sports Cards Has Changed...

<< < (2/4) > >>

Darth Broem:
When I collected there seemed to only be a few companies like Topps, Fleer, and Donruss.  Then all of a sudden it seemed like there were 20 companies producing all sorts of expensive exclusive sets and I just got too overwhelmed with it all and quit.  I still have the cards though.  

jokabofe:

--- Quote ---Upper Deck's game-used patch baseball packs hit the $200 mark and included autographs of Thomas Jefferson and George Washington. A card with signatures of Amelia Earhart and Charles Lindbergh sold on the secondary market for more than $6,000.

--- End quote ---

what do they have to do with baseball?

Durge:
25 thousand? That's just sick. People who would buy a new sports card rather than a new sport car frighten me. :-\ :'(

jokabofe:
anybody who has $25,000 to spend on a sports card already has a sports car. maybe 2.

Brian:
On the topic of cards...when we were moving a couple months ago, I found my baseball/football/basketball/Marvel card collections, and looked through a few of them.  I sold some "extras" boxes on a garage sale a couple of years ago, but still have quite a few left.  I have sometimes thought about selling much of it off (takes up a lot of room, and I don't actively collect them anymore anyways), and use it to fund Star Wars/current collecting funds.  I'd also want to keep a few, just to have if we ever have kids some day.  Have any of you ever sold off most (or all) of your sports card collections?  It seems to me that most of what I have likely isn't worth much anymore (like it was at the time at least), since the advent of grading has come around.  Are "regular", ungraded sports cards worth anything anymore?  I mainly collected from the 1988-1994ish time I think, for the most part.  Its funny, I was a big K.C. Royals fan as a kid, and of course, Bo Jackson was my favorite player.  I have a huge collection of his cards, that probably aren't worth squat anymore :P  Do any of you know, are sports cards from back then even worth anything now, if they aren't graded?  Just curious.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version