Author Topic: Your Avatar...  (Read 35543 times)

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
Your Avatar...
« on: March 22, 2003, 04:39 PM »
C'mon guys, you must've saw this one coming. ;D

So, what's your avatar? Does it have any special meaning?

I'll go first. My current avatar is Faramir from LOTR. He was awesome in TTT movie and he's even cooler in the ROTK book, which I'm currently reading.

So how about you? :)

Jango Fettish

Re: Your Avatar...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2003, 05:36 PM »
Mine is representitive of the 3 toy lines I am totally addicted to.

Those being Marvel Legends (Wolverine), Star Wars (Jango Fett), and The Simpsons (Bart's Eye)

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2003, 06:24 PM »
Mine was lovingly screen captured from one of the Star Wars Spoofs cartoons: www.starwarsspoofs.com
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2003, 06:29 PM »
I have  always liked the tie interceptor since I was a kid. I found this image on a tie costume site a while ago and had it over at scum. Dale helped get it to fit here and basically thats the whole story
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2003, 06:37 PM »
Well my Dancing R2 I found searching the net. I was really attracted to it by it's dancing motion. He's a happy droid.
There are others that dance too. Luke, Leia, C-3PO & Paploo. R2 seems to be popular over at RS too.   8)
Your Welcome Wayne.  ;)

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2003, 06:55 PM »
At the moment I have no idea really.Found it and liked it.I'm looking for a new one and I'll probably change a few more times before I find one I'll stick with.

Jango Fettish

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2003, 07:06 PM »
Just wanted to sey Hey, Mike! Glad you're aboard.  :D
Looks like JD is building a quality user base here.

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2003, 07:40 PM »
Just wanted to sey Hey, Mike! Glad you're aboard.  :D
Looks like JD is building a quality user base here.

Thanks Cory,good to see you here.JD is where I'm hanging my hat.Lots of good folks here.Hope to see you around often. ;D

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2003, 07:44 PM »
Looks like we are definately building a nice crew here! Glad to see so many memorable faces from over at RS! :)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Jango Fettish

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2003, 08:31 PM »
Well, I think we have a laundry list of topics to attribute this mass exodus from RS to. I mean, I want to have fun, and not have to go and edit threads for misspellings, for the sake of being flamed.

Rebelscum, I don't know. It's like a permanent Spring Break, a Capital Hill meeting, a religious debate team,
and Grammer class, all rolled up into one big, ugly burrito..
dipped in rotting guacamole.

I tried GH, and it's a nice site, and informative, but it's a little slow? Not to mention, a GH/DSP merger is imminant.
Theres alot of migration there.

I'm looking forward to making this my home.  ;D

Sorry for the temporary hijack, as you were!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2003, 08:36 PM by Jango Fettish »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2003, 10:02 PM »
First off => If anyone wants a custom Avatar, I can gladly make one for ya... I'm the adobe dude around here.  8)

Secondly =>
My avatar is a clip from the stunningly beautiful Star Wars Tales #14(?), entitled Apocalypse Endor... I fell in love with the comic's cover, and so I bought it and framed it on the same night. It now sits beside my computer in all of its glory...

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2003, 10:17 PM »
First off => If anyone wants a custom Avatar, I can gladly make one for ya... I'm the adobe dude around here.  8)

..and if Brad's busy, you can come to me! ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2003, 10:22 PM »
Thanks to all of you guys for checking us out, I don't want to bad mouth Galactic Hunter too much cause I still like the site very much but its largest problem is that hardly any of the long time members collect anything any more, they're there just to socialize really.

RS is a lost cause. I, and everyone here excited about our future and we welcome you all to the site with open arms :)

Now my avatar...the most imfamous background character in Star Wars history needs no introduction...and he will be made in 3 3/4" Action Figure form someday :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2003, 11:02 PM »
When I first started out at RS a year ago, I wanted an avatar that at least stood out a little bit more than the rest, since it was such a huge crowd over there ("only" 2,874 at the time), so I went with their avatar of the Imperial Royal Guard figure, which was a nice bright and noticeable red color.

Well, when I migrated over here several months back, I wanted to stick with the same character since that's what I was known for, and Chris had a WAY cooler looking Imperial Royal Guard here at JD, so I went with this one instead.  Looks kinda menacing, I think...

Mike, where'd your customary Biker Scout zipping through the trees go?  Get tired of that one?

As for the other collecting sites out there, well, I think that every site has it's pros and cons, as do we, but I definitely have no ill will towards any of them at all.  Though I'll still pop into a couple of the others from time to time, I prefer to hang my hat here as well since it feels the most personal, and I really feel like I'm building friendships here, beyond just talking Star Wars, and that's important to me.  I also really like that we've got some of the most knowlegeable and insightful collectors out there, who really like to "talk shop" about our favorite hobby...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2003, 12:08 AM by JediMAC »

Offline CyberScout

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2003, 10:21 AM »
Matt,I echo your thoughts on the forum issues,nicely put.

Yea I got burned out on that one.Plus the fact I have a hard time wanting to stay with just one because I get bored easily.I like it but I'm tired of looking at it. :P