Author Topic: Your Avatar...  (Read 35678 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: Why did you select your avatar?
« Reply #105 on: June 28, 2004, 01:31 AM »
Your dilemma reminds me of the classic episode when Jesse had a horrible caffeine pill addiction.

I'm so excited!  I'm so excited!  I'm so. . .  SCARED!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

SilverZ

« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2004, 01:32 AM »
This reminds me of the time a friend and I went into a used game store, many years ago. We'd go there whenever we needed cheap NES games, which were usually 5 bucks.  

On day I spotted a Tengen Tetris sitting on the shelf (this is back in the day when it was super-hard to find one, and when you did, they were bucks), and asked the clerk how much it is. Being not that bright, and not the owner, he goes into the back and asks. When he returns, he tells me it's 9.99. Sold, I say. I pay, we leave, passing the owner coming in as we are going out.

As we get into my car, in a panic pace of run comes the clerk, who knocks on the window of my engine-on and in-reverse car. My instinct... go! Go fast! My friend, he simply says, "Dude, if we go we can't come back for cheap NES games."

So I go back in and hear the guy's explaination of the mix-up and the wrong price. I give the thing back. All in the name of the moral high ground, and future cheap games.

Then, after all that, we never went back there. Ever. It's only known as the place of the 10 dollar Tengen Tetris... that I gave back.

Even funnier, we would have gone back, and bought many more games, out of both guilt and the giddy pleasure we had that day for getting something for a bargain. They would have had a lot more business in the long run.

Keep the damn discs, says I, man of questionable moral judgement.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2004, 01:48 AM »
See, this is my problem:

Part of me says that, much like Quaker-brand Oatmeal, sending the discs back would be the right thing to do.

But the other part says "f--k 'em, keep the DVDs."  

I think I know what's gonna happen--I'm going to keep them forever, but never break the plastic, and never watch them, and ride the fence of moral ambiguity until the day I die.

Either that, or take 'em to Wal-Mart for store credit when the OTC stuff starts showing up.

:o
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2004, 01:54 AM »
Either that, or take 'em to Wal-Mart for store credit when the OTC stuff starts showing up.

:o

I've seen the future...Here's a picture of you at the Oklahoma City Rodeo in September after screwing over DDD when they call for their DVD's

« Last Edit: June 28, 2004, 01:55 AM by OCB »

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2004, 11:57 AM »
I dig Fx-7 one of the true heroes of Empire!
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2004, 05:15 AM »
my avatar is the Romanian flag plus my nick jkno. Hope one day to find someone to make me a gif avatar with a flag in the wind. :o

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 30, 2004, 05:32 AM »
Romania rules. No seriously, I have history there...nevermind...*walks out*
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2004, 12:07 AM »
my newest avatar is the greatest picture ever. thanks matt for making me laugh my ass off...

click here for the full size image. believe me, it's worth it.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 12:08 AM by jokabofe »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2004, 12:11 AM »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2004, 03:52 PM »
Dave...nice pick and kudos on the JD cameramen that is a one in a million shot!

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2004, 04:25 PM »
Why did I select my avatar?  To pay homage to the man who once ruled the world of Jango memorabilia with an iron-clad bounty hunter fist (as pictured).  I salute him.    
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2004, 04:34 PM »
I want a new avatar - but I need to find more photos of Trok from Caravan of Courage. If only I had it on DVD...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2004, 05:01 PM »
Why did I select my avatar?  To pay homage to the man who once ruled the world of Jango memorabilia with an iron-clad bounty hunter fist (as pictured).  I salute him.    

That is simply. . .  stunning.  Thought that photo was lost forever.

Still have the full-size?  PM it to me if you do, huh?  Thanks.

Since I've already contributed to this thread about my avatar, I won't mention it again.  But I will say something about avatars in general:

It's somewhat annoying and confusing to see several different people have the same avatar.  I'm thinking specifically of two examples--JediMAC's ubiquitous Royal Guard, and Scott's ICMG.

Especially with the Royal Guard--it's so unmistakably Colman, it just throws me off whenever I'm scanning through a thread and see it, only to find out that it's someone else's post.

I think it oughta be that once someone snags an avatar, nobody else can use it until the original person gives it up again.

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2004, 05:24 PM »

That is simply. . .  stunning.  Thought that photo was lost forever.

Still have the full-size?  PM it to me if you do, huh?  Thanks.

Since I've already contributed to this thread about my avatar, I won't mention it again.  But I will say something about avatars in general:

It's somewhat annoying and confusing to see several different people have the same avatar.  I'm thinking specifically of two examples--JediMAC's ubiquitous Royal Guard, and Scott's ICMG.

Especially with the Royal Guard--it's so unmistakably Colman, it just throws me off whenever I'm scanning through a thread and see it, only to find out that it's someone else's post.

I think it oughta be that once someone snags an avatar, nobody else can use it until the original person gives it up again.

That would be a good idea, but semi-hard to enforce.

On a related note, I chose mine because I'm a bastard. (Thanks Brad)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2004, 05:29 PM »
semi-hard

(Snicker)

Yeah, I wasn't thinking that would be something that would actually be possible--it was more of a "wouldn't it be nice"-type of thing.

And you think that the whole duplicate avatar thing would be something that would kind of take care of itself--after all, why would anybody want to have the same exact thing as someone else?