Author Topic: Marketing Plan Revealed for EP3?  (Read 4824 times)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
Marketing Plan Revealed for EP3?
« on: June 17, 2004, 12:17 AM »
Did not know where to post this so I though here would be ok?

Yakface  Has some interesting news stating that Burger King & Pepsi/Frito Lay have had their licenses renewed for the Episode III release.  Also Clone Wars Series 1 & 2 will be released on DVD in early 2005.  And a new series starting up in 2006.  Interesting news.  Anyone think this is true?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 12:22 AM by Mainland05 »
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Marketing Plan Revealed for EP3?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 09:09 AM »
Well not sure if its true, but lets hope that it is.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 09:31 AM »
Rebelscum reports that there are 15 different product lines for EIII!!!!

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 10:18 AM »
Well, my uncle works at Frito Lay here in Modesto, CA.  So, I can ask him to see if he has heard anything about the Star Wars - License Renewel.  Maybe some good news will come about this and truth?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 04:00 PM »
Word was that they have renewed with Burger King, Frito Lay, and Pepsi

Durge

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 06:12 PM »

Yes, but that includes crummy PVC figurines, role-play stuff, keychains, etc. They probably had the same amount for EP2.

Is anyone really questioning the anouncement of a BK promo? When this film comes out, you're going to have to go to a third world country to not see "STAR WARS" on everything.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 06:30 PM »
Yeah, looks like Episode I all over again!
 :D

Ok I really liked the Episode I hype....even though it stuck around for a long time.

- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 09:25 PM »
I just hope they don't overdo it.  Although this seems a little bit of going out in a blaze of glory.  The clearances after XMas '05 should be first class.   :)

Durge

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 11:45 PM »
I just hope they don't overdo it.  Although this seems a little bit of going out in a blaze of glory.  The clearances after XMas '05 should be first class.   :)

As long as they bring back Star Wars cereal, I'll be happy.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2004, 09:15 AM »
Word was that they have renewed with Burger King, Frito Lay, and Pepsi

I don't think the Frito Lay license will be overdone, as the stuff they did for Episode II wasn't overkill at all.  They put some art on the chip bags, included those little 3-D things in some packages, and some cardboard store displays, but that was about it.  BK is the one that has me curious, since LFL has not had a license with them since ROTJ back in 1983.  The last few fast food promotions (SEs and TPM) were done through TriCo (KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut), so I'm actually surprised to see them go back to BK.  Maybe it's just to keep it all under one roof/store after the disaster that was the TriCo TPM deal.

My dream would be a series of glasses for Episode III at BK, but with safety precautions (ugh) these days, I doubt it will happen.  The BK glasses from the OT are my favorite items of that era, believe it or not, and to have them made for Episode III would make me extremely happy.

You know, I just hope they don't overdo it the way they did with Episode II/Saga.  While the toys were nice, it was too much, too quickly.  On the day of release, just counting action figures, there were 27 figures, four deluxe figures, four vehicles, and a beast.  To me, especially after the majority of those sat for a long time, that is far too much.  What made it even worse was that just a week or two after this, there was a wave a week, often consisting of no more than three figures total, and it was just overwhelming.

I would love to see Hasbro release maybe 18 figures for the initial launch in April of 2005.  Get two or three vehicles out there, don't saturate the market and then gradually release larger waves of figures throughout the rest of the year (as in, four figures per wave, per month).  I know a lot of people will not agree with my way of looking at things, because in a lot of people's minds, more figures is better, but tell me this: would you rather have one Anakin that can "do it all", or three different Anakins, all in the same costume but each with a slight modification, within a six month time period, ala Episode II?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2004, 10:43 AM »
My dream would be a series of glasses for Episode III at BK, but with safety precautions (ugh) these days, I doubt it will happen.  The BK glasses from the OT are my favorite items of that era, believe it or not, and to have them made for Episode III would make me extremely happy.

Well, Arby's has those Holiday glasses give-aways, so I think it could be done.  As long as it is sold as a housewares GLASS, and not a pack-in with a Kid's Meal, it should be do-able.  The only reason the Hasbro glasses are plastic is because they are sold with a Toy, as a "toy".  No way a "toy" for kiddies is gonna be glass, but a $0.99 glass with purchase at BK would have me eating a whole lotta Whoppers next summer...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline wai

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2004, 09:10 AM »

I hope Unleashed Line will be included :)
www.starwars-force.com~~"The only Chinese starwars web site"

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2004, 01:41 PM »

I hope Unleashed Line will be included :)

Me too; an unleashed Grievous would probably be very cool; as would a damaged Anakin or a pissed off Palpatine w/ lightsaber!

:P