Author Topic: Luke's Poncho  (Read 2719 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Luke's Poncho
« on: July 2, 2004, 10:35 AM »
After looking at the upcoming Jedi Force Payskool line (which looks pretty darn cool), I am very impressed with the poncho they have on the Endor Luke.  This looks to me to be superior to anything they have done with the 3-3/4" line.  Anyone else think so?  I'd like to have several of these ponchos for my Endor rebel army.  Thoughts?

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Luke's Poncho
« Reply #1 on: July 2, 2004, 05:19 PM »
The good thing there is at least sewing's not rocket-science...  It's tough, but doing things by hand can yield good product, and even better than that poncho (which I liked too, at least I liked the deco on it...  very accurate).

I'm working on soft-goods items for customs myself...  Finding the right fabric, and in the right colors, appears to be my biggest barrier.

If youw ant a tip on what fabric to start with CHEWIE, look aat Total Control Mace WIndu sometime.  The fabric is, simply, perfect.  It has texture that's realistic in this scale, it stretches, it's thin, it doesn't need hemmed, just simply cut, and it's easy to work with.

It's a "knit".  That's all I know.  I carry TC Mace with me in my pocket when looking for fabric matches.  Not had a ton of luck, but mostly because fabric stores are things of the past here...  Few and far between, and with limited selection.  I have yet to hit my most likely targets yet though because they're each about an hour away, and in areas I tend not to go too often.  Soon though, and hopefully I'll yield some good fortune.

Make my own damn ponchos then.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Luke's Poncho
« Reply #2 on: July 6, 2004, 03:04 PM »
I've had my hand at customizing for about 6-7 years, and have never attempted anything with cloth goods.  I just don't think I could do it.

:P