Author Topic: Happily Married.....a second time  (Read 3733 times)

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Happily Married.....a second time
« on: July 3, 2004, 12:23 PM »
Well I will be taking the dive a second time, when i get married again, this October. But,for some strange reason, i am already starting to get nervous about it.

I mean, i have already been through this before, could it be past experience creeping up on me, or just plain cold feet?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 12:05 AM by Logray2776 »

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: Taking the plunge.....a second time
« Reply #1 on: July 3, 2004, 09:54 PM »
http://www.nomarriage.com/

You're probably going to hate me for that linky.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 4, 2004, 01:05 AM »
Dont hate you at all, interesting link though.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: July 6, 2004, 10:21 AM »
Hmmm, marriage is one of those things in life that you can't do half assed, it would be best to do some serious soul searching here real soon to make sure you want to go through with the whole thing.  I think cold feet are normal though...its part of making that big of a decision with your life.  Not many biggers ones and having done it before I could imagine you are a little more gun shy.

Congrats are in order though!

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 8, 2004, 09:13 AM »
Thanks,

I believe i have gotten over my problem, it was just a major case of worry, going through a bad 1st marriage, and a even worse divorce, will do that to you.

But hey thats what happens when you only know the girl for three months and decide to get hitched, just a bad decision on my part. I have been with my current gf almost three years now, so yes i believe this will be it for me.

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2004, 08:12 PM »
 :)

Congratulations.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 01:38 AM »
Well it is all pretty much set now, we went and looked at the place where we are getting married Saturday, a nice romantic wedding on the beach at sunset. ;D

Im actually starting to get excited about it now.

Logray

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 10:15 AM »
Cool, sounds like it was just a case of cold feet which is quite common.  Good luck with the rest of the planning!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 01:59 PM »

A beach wedding at sunset, that is romantic!  8)

Offline SPIDERLEGS

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hear me, baby, hold together...
    • View Profile
    • SPIDERLEGSdotNET
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2004, 05:30 PM »
My first marriage was a colossal failure. I'm the kind of guy who is usually friends with my exes when we break up, but my ex-wife is the exception to that rule. She is a miserable soul, who spread her unhappiness around like manure. We argued DAILY.

That being said, I have since remarried and I have never been happier (though you don't need to be married to be happy). You have to believe that you won't repeat the same mistakes you might have made the last time. Otheriwise, what's the point if you haven't taken the steps to change the things that didn't work for you last time (the proverbial YOU, not you specifically).

My current wife and I have only ever had two arguments, and the second one was a silly misunderstanding. Not that an occasional disagreement is harmful, but my second marriage and my first are night and day different. I wasn't nervous, really. We were in Vegas, so I actually think we were kind of buzzed (well, yeah, we were).

This is her second marriage, too, so I guess it took us both once to figure out what we wanted from a partner ( or more accurately, what we DON'T want) and things have gone very smoothly, even during the hard times.

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2004, 11:50 PM »
 Well everything is going smooth as far as the planning goes, and my fiance even suggested using star wars figs for a cake topper. That surprised the hell outta me considering she is not at all interested in star wars whatsoever.

And thanks to everyone for the congrats.

Logray(or Claude if yall prefer tp be on a first name basis here)

Offline Logray2776

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2004, 04:49 PM »
Thought I would update the thread a little here, all the planning is done. Just got fitted for my tux today, nice thing to wear on the beach huh?

Anyway my fiance and her mother came up with the idea for the centerpieces on the tables, their idea is to use a star wars theme for the table settings. And I cant think of any good ones, I was thinking of using Darth Vader for our table.

Any suggestions?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2004, 04:55 PM »
You can always get some of the Wedding Padme and Anakin figures (shown here reviewed by our very own Jesse James - shameless plug  ;D ) and make small wedding style centerpieces out of those. Other than that, you can always mix and match - Luke/Mara, Han/Leia, Beru/Uncle Owen, Stormtrooper/Ewok  ??? okay, maybe not that last one. But you could (fairly) easily customize the female figures into wedding outfits.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2004, 10:28 PM »
I've been thinking about this, and all I can think of is maybe use the plush ewoks for center pieces...

???

Offline paploo

• Jedi Initiate
  • MORE EWOKS NOW
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2004, 11:13 PM »
i was engaged and I was very happy a couple of years ago, but we broke up out of no where. Since then the thought of marriage scares the hell out of me because a good relationship ended for no reason. I have spoken to her since then and she has told me she regrets breaking up with me, but it doesnt change my thought on marriage. I like having both halves of my paychecks
The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows-Aristotle Onasis