Author Topic: JD Fantasy Football 2004 - Preseason/Draft  (Read 154070 times)

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: JediDefender Fantasy Football
« Reply #345 on: August 27, 2004, 10:44 PM »
 :-\

Where is everyone?  I wanna make my picks!   >:(

Jeff
 :(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 27, 2004, 10:46 PM »
i'll take eddie george - rb

Offline Holographic Elvis

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'll punch you in the junk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: August 27, 2004, 10:47 PM »
:-\

Where is everyone?  I wanna make my picks!   >:(

Jeff
 :(

I'll be here for another hour or so and then it's off to party.  Hope some people show up to make some picks.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #348 on: August 27, 2004, 11:19 PM »
Thomas Jones - RB (Bears Suck though)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #349 on: August 27, 2004, 11:22 PM »
Bears Suck though

Oh, do they now?  We'll see about that.  They've looked quite impressive during the pre-season, and even though it's only the pre-season they look A LOT better this year than they did the last few years.
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #350 on: August 27, 2004, 11:27 PM »
Bears Suck though

Oh, do they now?  We'll see about that.  They've looked quite impressive during the pre-season, and even though it's only the pre-season they look A LOT better this year than they did the last few years.
True, true, I hope they finish in third in the division this year...Vikes...Lions...Bears...Pack

BTW Michael Bennett and Bryant McKinnie got hurt on the same play tonight, they both look OK but it was a scary moment

49ers will be lucky to win 2 games this year, they looked awful

Online Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #351 on: August 27, 2004, 11:32 PM »
BTW Michael Bennett and Bryant McKinnie got hurt on the same play tonight, they both look OK but it was a scary moment

Scary ESPECIALLY if you drafted Bennett.   :-\

I thought I might end up having to quick pick a new RB tonight...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 27, 2004, 11:53 PM »
and even though it's only the pre-season they look A LOT better this year than they did the last few years.

Weren't they 13-3 like two years ago?!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 11:53 PM by Kneel Before Zod »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #353 on: August 27, 2004, 11:58 PM »
They were the worst 13-3 team in history that year, seriously pulled 5 games out of their asses.  And I've started read in places something I've said for 2-3 years now.  Brian Urlacher is the most over rated player in Football (Chris I know disagrees as we've discussed this many times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #354 on: August 27, 2004, 11:58 PM »
Weren't they 13-3 like two years ago?!

Yes, you are right about that.  I almost forgot about that season.  But you have to admit, that in most people's eyes (including mine) that season was a fluke.  Granted they played pretty well throughout the season, those last second comebacks they had were miracles.  Then they have a first-round bye in the playoffs, and then get their asses handed to them by the Eagles.  If they were truly that good of a team, then they would have at least moved to the next round.  Other than that season they have pretty much sucked as of recent years.

Sadly they ended up losing to the Saints tonight, but even so they're looking like a team that actually wants to put up some productive numbers.  Thank the maker they got rid of Jauron and Schoop.
dustrho

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #355 on: August 28, 2004, 12:02 AM »
They were the worst 13-3 team in history that year, seriously pulled 5 games out of their asses.

You're absolutely correct about that.  I won't disagree with that statement whatsoever, and I'm the biggest Bears fan you'll ever meet.

Brian Urlacher is the most over rated player in Football (Chris I know disagrees as we've discussed this many times)

He might be an over-rated player, but at least he busts his ass on EVERY SINGLE PLAY unlike some jackass named Randy Moss... and he's always been a threat to the Bears' opponents.
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #356 on: August 28, 2004, 12:08 AM »
I won't ever say Randy Moss is under-rated though...he's the best player in football right now, hands down.  The fact that he doesn't give 100% every play is a disgrace to the rest of the players in the league but it also should make you think about what if he did give it all

Case in point, in tonights game he fumbled a ball at the 20 as they were going in for a score.  Vikes D stopped them and they got the ball back with 50 seconds left.  On the last play of the half Culpepper threw a ball that was just out of the reach of Moss in the end zone, he dogged it and got his ass chewed by Tice on the sideline.  However, he also has had a hell of a Summer catching 3 amazing TD's already, he's scary good and its sad to see him not be the best player with no arguements because he could be for a lot more people...not just me

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #357 on: August 28, 2004, 12:16 AM »
I won't ever say Randy Moss is under-rated though...he's the best player in football right now, hands down.  The fact that he doesn't give 100% every play is a disgrace to the rest of the players in the league but it also should make you think about what if he did give it all

I wouldn't say he's the "best" player in the league, but he's definitely one of the top 5.  If I were to have chosen a WR as my overall first choice in this fantasy football league it would have either been Randy Moss or Terrell Owens.  Moss might be a great athlete and all, but his attitude simply sucks.  Why do you think he fell so far down in the draft when he came out of college?  He had and still does have an attitude problem.  I think his sour attitude has caused problems for the entire Vikings team, which was noticeable in a few games over recent years (i.e. him yelling at ex-coach Dennis Green).  Thankfully Tice has done a good job at keeping his leash tight.
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #358 on: August 28, 2004, 12:19 AM »
True "Best" Player is totally subjective...especially with each player bringing different skills to the game, but there are only three elite WR's in the game, Moss, Owens and Harrison and I've never seen guys take over and change games like Moss can in a blink of an eye

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: August 28, 2004, 12:21 AM »
I know they were never as good as 13-3 would suggest - I just knew that Dusthro must have forgotten about that (an indication that even Bears fans know the season was an abberation) and couldn't resist bringing it up.