Author Topic: My Poster Collection - updated 10/27/05  (Read 7606 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
My Poster Collection - updated 10/27/05
« on: July 11, 2004, 07:13 PM »
So I took a few new pics of some new additions  :P

At my current count, I've got about 75 posters. Not all of them are pictured here still, I've just got so damn many it takes forever to take them all out of my storage space and photograph them. But I recently bought a fairly large lot/collection and wanted to add some new pics.

[shameless plug]I've got a few "extras" from the lot I bought - posters that i already had - that I will be posting in the Classifiends section soon [/shameless plug]

First up is my new current favorite poster - an original, authentic 1977 Style A one sheet. Yeah, it's pretty beat up. But in a way, I kinda like it, because the pin holes and the edge creases give me a warm, nostalgic feeling. This poster was actually hanging up at a theater almost 30 years ago. This is what my posters looked like when I was kid  :D. Plus, at the price I paid for it (under $10!!) I felt it was well worth it.

click to enlarge

Next up, my new second favorite - a 1982 Star Wars Re-Release one sheet with the "Revenge of the Jedi" trailer banner at the bottom.

click to enlarge

1985 Return of the Jedi Re-Release

click to enlarge

1997 Special Edition Posters - Gold Ingot Trilogy, A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi

click to enlarge

Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith Teaser, Theatrical One Sheet, DVD Relase and "Who's Your Daddy" giveaway

click to enlarge

Original Trilogy "Collage" Poster set (not even sure where these came from, but I thought they were pretty cool).

click to enlarge

Star Wars Style "A" Horizontal (another of my personal favs)

click to enlarge

A couple of different Celebration 3 posters - some I got at C3, and some I picked up here at JD after the show

click to enlarge

My Clone Wars Collection (more of my personal favorites - it's no wonder I have so many posters  ::) )

click to enlarge

Empire Strikes Back 10th Anniversary, Style "C" and Style "D"

click to enlarge

A few of my Foreign Posters: A German ESB Mini, Japanese ESB, Japanese ROTJ Style "A" and "B", and 2 different Japanese Science and Art Exhibit one sheets

click to enlarge

Magic of Myth at the Smithsonian, C-3P0 and Darth Vader

click to enlarge

Soundtrack posters - Original Trilogy, Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3

click to enlarge

Episode 2 Original Double Sided One Sheet and 2 Different DVD Promotional Posters

click to enlarge

Return of the Jedi Style "B" and 20th Anniversary Posters

click to enlarge

Original Trilogy DVD Release Poster, Embossed Banner, Empire and Jedi Posters (somehow I missed A New Hope - and I'm looking for one if ya got one to sell/trade)

click to enlarge

Various other posters/prints/lithographs that don't really have anything in common

click to enlarge

Whew!! That post took me forever  :P

Like I said, that's a good portion of my collection, but I do have more. No more photos at the moment, and with a big Chiller Theater Con coming up this weekend it won't be till at least next week that I get to photograph the rest. And who knows, maybe by then I'll have a few new ones to add in? I could use a few more posters  :D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 06:26 PM by jokabofe »

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
Re: posters/lithos/print/artwork - who collects 'em?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 01:26 AM »
Your posters are ASWOME, man!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 10:02 AM »
I just posted a question about Star Wars posters, sorry I didn't see this thread first.  I don't know if I technically "collect" them or not, but I do have a few Star Wars posters.  Right now I'm in the process of getting the "original" looking ones, but I'd kind of like to pick up the Special Edition versions as well.  If I had the room to display them all (or talked my wife into letting me use the basement), I'd probably pick up more, as I've always enjoyed the art used on many posters.  Wouldn't mind picking up more various Star Wars poster prints (different styles), or some of my other favorite movies.  Very nice collection by the way, it looks great.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 06:12 PM »
Wow, that is an impressive display of posters.  I have several basic ones and would love to get my hands on the horizontal "ANH" poster you have.  I don't recall ever seeing that before.

Beth

Offline Carl

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2004, 05:02 AM »
Cool Posters  :)
WANTED: Droids, Ewok Prototype & Unproduced coins

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: My Poster Collection - updated 10/27
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 06:12 PM »
I had a chance to snap a few new pics and re-vamped my collection thread. So I'm bumping back to the top. Check out the first post to see all the pics.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: My Poster Collection - updated 10/27/05
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 06:19 PM »

Star Wars Style "A" Horizontal (another of my personal favs)

Those horizontal posters have always been among my favourites.  If I remember right, weren't they released in the UK?  Or were they released domestically too?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 06:30 PM »
I'm not sure. The ones your thinking of are the "Quads" - and yes, those were only released in the UK. I've been trying to get my hands on one of the Trilogy ones, where they were showing the complete Original Trilogy and made a poster for it.

That one in particular is just a weird kind of reprint. The original poster that was produced in the horizontal format for the Style "A" was a smaller poster, 28" x 22", but it was apparently reprinted in the regular movie size, as the one I have is 27" x 41". I like it better this way, even tough it's not an original.

Offline SpudTrooper

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 04:33 PM »
very nice collection Dave

Offline Roger

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 09:16 PM »

Hey there, I'm really hoping for a picture of CHEWBACCA holding his BOWCASTER .    Can anyone help me with that????? Please post or send to madfirehoop@hotmail.com !!   Thanks, best fortune to you.  Roger

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2006, 10:15 PM »

Hey there, I'm really hoping for a picture of CHEWBACCA holding his BOWCASTER .    Can anyone help me with that????? Please post or send to madfirehoop@hotmail.com !!   Thanks, best fortune to you.  Roger

What does this have to do with someone's Poster Collection? Try Google.com and do an Image search.