Author Topic: Topps Heritage Cards  (Read 6184 times)

Offline Pistol Pete

• Youngling
  • Maul
    • View Profile
Topps Heritage Cards
« on: July 13, 2004, 02:23 PM »
Anyone else excited about these bad boys?  I know I am.  Brings me back to the 70's for sure when these were all the rage.  Plus the uber cool Sketch Cards that were at the official site last night.  I want to buy as many of these as I can
Bang Bang

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
Re: Topps Heritage Cards
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 08:34 PM »
Absolutely, I cant wait to get my mitts on these! :)

I need promo cards if anyone can help. Number two is locked in now, but I need the others still...
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 05:39 PM »
I need promo cards if anyone can help. Number two is locked in now, but I need the others still...

I got the P3 (ROTS) and P5 (ESB) promo cards at SDCC (which I'll send ya' Adam).  Scum's reporting that they gave out the P4 (ANH) card there too.  Had to have been on Sunday though, after I'd already left though, unfortunately.  Sorry I missed out on that one...   :-\

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 11:00 PM »
No problem man, I've got a ANH card! :)

Does the ROTS say Return of the Sith, or just Episode III? It just throws off the whole collection by having Episode III on it... But I still want one lol

Any luck with the film styled figure poster from Hasbro?
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 02:27 PM »
This card series looks tempting to me as well.  As a kid, I always really enjoyed the Topps series that were out back then.  I have a complete set of the vintage ROTJ cards, and have hoped to pick up the other movies ones eventually too.  From what I have seen of this series, they look like they are made to look similar, which is really cool.  This might be a fun card set to try to collect.  Is anyone here planning on picking these up?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 01:55 PM »
Does the ROTS say Return of the Sith, or just Episode III? It just throws off the whole collection by having Episode III on it... But I still want one lol

Any luck with the film styled figure poster from Hasbro?

I'll have to check on that Ep. 3 card when I get home.  As for the poster, weren't you checking my daily updates from the Con on everyone's request lists in the SDCC thread Adam (in the Convention Forum)?  Had that locked up for ya' since day 1!  Pay attention dude!   :P

I don't know if I'm going to collect these or not.  I haven't collected any cards since way back in the Topps Widevision days, when the Special Editions originally came out back in '97.  I'll have to think about it.

I didn't ask the Topps rep too much about this line, but are these just exact replicas of the old vintage cards (for the OT sets anyway)?  If so, I've already got all those, so there'd be no need to buy them all again...

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 10:28 PM »
i was never going to bother with cards again after the ep1 widescreen , but i got one of these in a package from starwarsshop.com with my sandtrooper and i was like wooohooo, i went through my old stuff and found my old empire and jedi cards, so now  i think i'll be getting these as well.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
  • Who shot who in the what now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2004, 07:25 PM »
Just opened a box of the Heritage cards.

As far as extras go, I ended up with a Jeff Carlisle artist sketch card and 4 of the 6 hobby foil-etched cards.

I didn't end up with a complete base set - I ended up missing 11 of the 120 cards in the base set.

Just a word of warning for those thinking about buying by the pack: There were at least 4 packs where I ended up with two of the same cards from the same pack. In fact, there was one pack where I ended up 3 of the same card. Keep in mind, there are only 5 cards in each pack.   :-[

Here is a scan of my sketch card:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 08:58 PM by Matt Carroll »
Matt Carroll
udflyerman (at) gmail (dot) com
Always looking for rare/unusual Darth Vader items to add to my collection

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: October 4, 2004, 01:17 PM »
Pretty cool Matt!  I thought about picking these up but decided against it in the end, I like the idea though of the sketch cards and the retro feel!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 5, 2004, 02:05 PM »
I have been debating on whether or not to pick some of these up too.  I always enjoyed the vintage card sets, and I like how these emulate those in a number of ways.  Plus, the sketch cards are neat too.  Anyone else picking these up?  Also, have they shown at retail yet, or just at specialty shops?  I checked Target last weekend, but didn't see them there yet.  Oh and what is the price per pack and/or box?
« Last Edit: October 5, 2004, 02:05 PM by mosnab »

Offline JasperFett

• Youngling
  • I am a mighty mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 6, 2004, 01:49 AM »
 ;DHeck ya, I know I am buying those babies.

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 6, 2004, 11:02 AM »
I have been debating on whether or not to pick some of these up too.  I always enjoyed the vintage card sets, and I like how these emulate those in a number of ways.  Plus, the sketch cards are neat too.  Anyone else picking these up?  Also, have they shown at retail yet, or just at specialty shops?  I checked Target last weekend, but didn't see them there yet.  Oh and what is the price per pack and/or box?

I've only seen them at the local comic book shop thus far.  The hobby packs were priced $2 per pack - I picked up the box for $65. I'm not sure how that relates to the price of the retail packs and boxes.
« Last Edit: October 6, 2004, 10:21 PM by Matt Carroll »
Matt Carroll

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 6, 2004, 08:41 PM »
Nice sketch card, Matt.  I'll have to swing by the comic shop tomorrow and see if they got these in yet. 
Beth

Offline Matt Carroll

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 6, 2004, 10:33 PM »
Thanks Beth and Scott. :)

I received my second (pre-ordered) box today and pulled a Matt Busch Snowtrooper sketch.

Once others start picking up their boxes, I'd love to trade for a few cards that I need to complete a second set.

I'm missing #'s: 11, 22, 24, 40, 51, 88, 96, 106, 111, 112
Hobby Foil #5 (Padme)

I have over half the set in extras for trade fodder, along with Hobby Foils 1 (Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon), 4 (Sidious, Maul & Dooku ) and 6 ( Zam, Jango & Aurra Sing ).
Matt Carroll

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 8, 2004, 09:31 AM »
Here's one for you Scott...apparently its the only one.  I saw a post by Tom Hodges on the Rebelscum forums saying that he only did one of these.  Better bid now :)

Ice Cream Maker Guy Sketch Card