Author Topic: Bespin wave  (Read 14787 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Bespin wave
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2004, 11:00 AM »

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2004, 11:06 AM »
Agreed about the packaging Scott, it is very nice.  I think I will end up busting those open tonight, I really want to take a closer look at them and put them in the display.  I know what you mean, even though it kind of stinks that there is so many repacks, my wallet will appreciate the break.  I'm still on the lookout for the VOTC (would like to get two of these as well), the Bespin wave, and a few of the repacks (Bespin Luke, Gam. Guard, Slave Leia, General Lando).  Otherwise, I'm on a break too the way it looks.  Probably diverting more money to Marvel stuff if possible in the meantime :), and if that slows, maybe start filling holes again in the vintage collection.  I suppose if I want to get two sets of the VOTC figures though, that will be more than enough money spent anyways :o.  I've only gotten the Han so far (via Amazon), and it is amazing, probably my favorite figure of all time....but I don't know if this line is quite worth the $10 pricepoint.  I haven't seen any of the rest up close, but just seeing as they are "spiffier" basic figures, along the same lines as the SA Clone, they could have been regular price...or at least $7 if there would be more charge for the packaging.  Anyways...back to topic...glad to hear the Bespin wave is looking sweet.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2004, 08:08 PM »
Got my Bespin wave figures today!

CCP - very cool.  I checked it out and the Helmet doen't look too shabby on the few Army-Builder heads I have laying around, so there'll be a few customs of him in the future for me :)  Also, he much less "leaning" then lead to believe from the photos.  Very nice and neutral.

Lobot- Such a HUGE improvement from PotF2.  Very cool little CPU Accessory, and for what ever reason, his head-band is removable!

Leia- ugh.  Well, she's new and OTC, so I can't fault her on that, but she isn't as nice as I was hoping due to the dress and the fact that she seems a bit small compared to Chewie and PotJ Bespin Han.

Luke- OK, so he's not really part of the "Bespin wave" per se, but he is new and from Bespin so...  :)  This new Bespin Luke is a HUGE improvement from the Saga version.  The magnet hand is a little annoying, but the paint apps are superb!  

Check out Jared's comparison photos here for a better idea of the changes.  If you're on the Fence about Luke, pick him up and you'll see he's a LOT better than the Saga version!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

SilverZ

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2004, 08:31 PM »
I think the Bespin wave is the sleeper wave of the year. Totally understated, but perfectly done.

CCP - very cool.  I checked it out and the Helmet doen't look too shabby on the few Army-Builder heads I have laying around, so there'll be a few customs of him in the future for me   Also, he much less "leaning" then lead to believe from the photos.  Very nice and neutral.

I wonder why those leaning shots were so misleading, because, yeah, he seems fine to me too. Now is we only had a Cloud Car. It blows my mind that they'd miss the opportunity to sell a vehicle that required not one, but two identical carded figures to accurately "fly".

Lobot- Such a HUGE improvement from PotF2.  Very cool little CPU Accessory, and for what ever reason, his head-band is removable!

What really did it on this guy, for me, was the color accuracy. He's much closer to the right look this time around. Standing the POTF2 and OTC versions side by side is hilarious. The old one goes in my pile of outcasts in the company of R5, Dr. Evanzan, and Uncle Owen. That little datapad sure reminds me of an old Playmates Star Trek accessory though.  :-\

Leia- ugh.  Well, she's new and OTC, so I can't fault her on that, but she isn't as nice as I was hoping due to the dress and the fact that she seems a bit small compared to Chewie and PotJ Bespin Han.

Really? She works fine for me, but then again I didn't have too many expectations or needs out of her. I think she's small, but seems about right when scaled with the BE Leia, so I'm cool with her.

Looking back on Luke and putting him next to the Dagobah version, he's still pretty groovy, by man, I'd sure like a VOTC style ultimate one now. The size proportions and detail on the Dagobah one really outdo this guy. Not to put down a perfectly good figure,
but there seems to have been some great progress on depicting Mark Hamill in plastic since the apology Jedi Luke.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2004, 03:30 PM »
Finally got this wave today (thanks to UPS for sending my package to Maumee, OH instead of Gladstone, MI..wtf??), anyways....

Lobot is the best of the bunch.  Size and coloring are perfect and the head sculpt leaves me speechless.  Hasbro has really done a great job on this one as well as the cloud car pilot and Leia.  Her coloring in the duster is off in the design but I can overlook it as I like the fact they did the design on the inside of the it.  Fantastic touch and her size and face scuplt are fine with me.  
The cloud car pilot looks decent enough, I wasn't expecting the helmet to look as good as it does on so all in all, two thumbs up.  Now only if the rest of the case wasn't repacks but it's better than ALL repacks.
Beth