Author Topic: Silver Vader Part 2!  (Read 12267 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Silver Vader Part 2!
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2004, 11:08 AM »
Reports are coming in that the Silver Vader 2 is already in the TRU computer system for this fall...

Should be the same gimmick as R2 and the Clone Trooper, buy x amount of SW swag and get a free figure.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2004, 11:12 AM »
 Of course, because I have no power to resist, I'll end up with one of these Silver Vaders, but Arg!  Enough already!

Jeff

Same here....if it's offered on-line.
Beth

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2004, 08:27 AM »
GH is reporting that the Silver Vader is expected to be the last Silver figure. Can this be TRU!  :D

GH Front Page

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2004, 09:40 AM »
This has been confirmed by the Official Site as a TRU exclusive...

"Another "Silver Saga 2004" figure -- Darth Vader -- will be available later this year through Toys R Us. "

I would image it will be the same deal as all the rest of the TRU Silver Figures...

Jeff
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 09:41 AM by Nataku »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2004, 10:37 AM »
GH is reporting that the Silver Vader is expected to be the last Silver figure. Can this be TRU!  :D

GH Front Page

i thought the silver sandtrooper was supposed to be the last silver figure?? and why make another silver vader? why not someone else? i mean, come on... all you have to do is take the molds (already made) and change the color. how about... siver comtech han solo!! yeah, we need one of those...

SilverZ

« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2004, 11:31 PM »
Yes, I don't think enough people realize the triumph that is Hasbro's Commtech Han - they shall not rest until the world knows the truth. This is the 5th anniversary of it's release, ya know, so a commemorative edition is certainly needed.  ;)

I think these should have ended long before even the Clonetrooper. They've all been aweful since the switch to paint from vac-metal, or at least pointless, I think. That said, I see the point of offering a Vader in the months of the OT DVD release both as a tie-in and as a sad offering for those that didn't get a crack at the TF Vader. Not much of a stand-in, but I do see the flimsy logic.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2004, 11:44 PM »
They've all been aweful since the switch to paint from vac-metal, or at least pointless, I think.

that is very true. if they would have continued doing the vac-metal, i'd take anything they threw my way. but this silver paint just sucks. especially on that vader.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2004, 07:13 PM »
why wuold (will?) someone pay $69.99 or so for a figure that will be available free in a few months? i've had no problem getting the figures offered by toys r us, incredibly enough. r2, clone trooper... my toys r us had plenty of them. as a matter of fact, i think they still have some beat up clone troops kicking around in one of those giant bins...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2004, 11:25 AM »
Looks like he's out in Japan now...

Coming to the USA soon?

Jeff

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2004, 10:28 AM »
RS is reporting on there front page that the Silver Vader has been found in the US!

Silver Vader Found at TRU!

If anyone finds any, can you please grab me a couple.  :)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2004, 12:08 PM »
As the other token Canucklehead, the same goes for me.  Two please. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: October 7, 2004, 04:30 PM »
Hmmm...

Haven't seen anymore action on this in a while.  I guess the guy who found it early was just a fluke?

No mention of it in any upcoming catalogs or ads yet.   :(

Jeff

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: October 7, 2004, 05:57 PM »
I have actually gotten a complete set of the silver figures, and just like I predicted, they look really nice together...  I'm not a carded guy, but these in a set are a neat centerpiece to an otherwise loose collection IMO.

I'd like them to do a 3PO, and then can the line...  The Sandtrooper and 2nd Vader were wastes IMO.  The Sandie could've been a basic Stormie I think, and would've made more sense...  not sure what the thinking was on using the Sandtrooper.

I'd almost take an Emperor...  A 3PO should've been in place of the 2nd Vader though.  I almost think they're doing this other Vader as an "apology" for the first Vader, but to me this is one of those series that you shouldn't produce to appease people...  I can see producing ENOUGH of a figure to make people happy, but not producing NEW figures to apologize for shorting a previous one.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2004, 08:40 PM »
So who's found this thing so far?  I've been hitting my couple local TRUs, but with no avail.  Hoping to grab a nice one before the masses get to them on Sunday when the ad and promotion officially starts.  I've heard reports of it ringing up early for both $5 and $10 so far.  Hopefully they'll still be selling them individually come Sunday, since my TRUs don't have anything close to $20 worth of decent stuff to buy, in order to get a free Vader.

Still lame that they did a second Vader in the first case.   ::)