Author Topic: Wow - Vintage eBay Auctions  (Read 241973 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Wow
« Reply #255 on: May 18, 2005, 08:33 AM »
I cannot explain how much i woul dlove to have this.  :-[

Uzay Blue Stars
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 18, 2005, 08:39 AM »
OMG, that card is gorgeous.  :o

Dale runs to the bank to get a loan.  :-\

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #257 on: May 18, 2005, 02:59 PM »
OMG, that card is gorgeous.  :o

Dale runs to the bank to get a loan.  :-\

No joke at all, I would love to one day get him and Head Man, but i suppose that will never be :-[ I still need to get Vlix first.

Offline JedioftheNorth

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 18, 2005, 06:38 PM »
This may sound like a silly question but what is the attraction to bootlegs?.  Granted this figure looks cool but I never really understude the draw to them.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #259 on: May 18, 2005, 08:25 PM »
This may sound like a silly question but what is the attraction to bootlegs?.  Granted this figure looks cool but I never really understude the draw to them.

I dont know. This with Head Man are pretty cool. Maybe its the flashy colors or that fact they are "new" characters not made by Kenner, or just some other mysterious force. They just rock! :)

Offline John J. Alvarez

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 21, 2005, 03:37 PM »
That's a pretty cherry looking Blue Stars. I'll be watching to see if anybody takes the BIN which I consider to be fair for one this nice.

No joke at all, I would love to one day get him and Head Man, but i suppose that will never be :-[ I still need to get Vlix first.

I hope you mean a loose Headman. ;)

John

Offline John J. Alvarez

• Youngling
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 21, 2005, 03:49 PM »

I personally like the fact that bootlegs epitomize the globalization of SW. It became a part of pop culture in many countries, even 3rd world or countires under communist rule. Some countries like Mexico were very poor and bootlegs were all that children could afford.

In other countries like Poland they were under communist rule and none of the toys or books were allowed to be sold.

In countries like  Brazil there was an embargo act so one crafty individual stared making figures out of lead.

These are horrible and yet children in many of these countries were forced to play with them if they wanted to have SW toys. Sure they might be ugly but I love what they represent and that's how global SW really was, and is.

You can read more here: http://www.toysrgus.com/images-bootleg.html

John

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 21, 2005, 10:38 PM »
Oh man, I think this newbie seller should go back re-read that link in his auction.  ::)

Rare 1977 Collectors Jawa Man

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 23, 2005, 12:01 PM »
How’s the market doing? I’ll shamefully admit I haven’t bought anything in months, just got tired of sifting through so many auctions to find a decent deal, that and I figured prices would rise due to interest in Ep.3.
Thanks for your thoughts.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 23, 2005, 12:11 PM »
The market goes up and down like the stock market. Awhile back there were good deals on stuff as there was nothing happening in the SW world but with the release of ROTS, sellers are posting stuff at high prices. Then theres the sellers that think it's a gold mine.  ::)

Some deals can be found but you have to look around and narrow your search to what you want.

Things take time to aquire, I have seen people take up to months or years depending on what there looking for.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 24, 2005, 11:52 AM »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 25, 2005, 08:29 AM »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 25, 2005, 10:17 AM »
The market goes up and down like the stock market. Awhile back there were good deals on stuff as there was nothing happening in the SW world but with the release of ROTS, sellers are posting stuff at high prices. Then theres the sellers that think it's a gold mine.  ::)

Some deals can be found but you have to look around and narrow your search to what you want.

Things take time to aquire, I have seen people take up to months or years depending on what there looking for.

I'll suggest I'm surprised at how cheap many things seem to be right now.  My impression, and I may be wrong, is that in the run up to ROTS, prices were higher than they have been in the past week or two.  My most compelling evidence is Droids figures, though they may be an anomaly.  They were higher than normal up until this week, when lots have been offered and prices were lower.  That may just be a reflection of more being available on ebay at a given time though. 

But many of the last 17 have been relatively lower recently with Imperial Gunners and A-Wing pilots going for $30-40 loose rather than over $40 when I was buying (go figure). 

I've also noted some very low prices for trilogo figures of late.  Granted the cards may not always be good and one or two might be fakes, but still lower of late. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 27, 2005, 01:05 PM »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member