Author Topic: Wow - Vintage eBay Auctions  (Read 242335 times)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Wow
« Reply #300 on: June 28, 2005, 08:33 AM »

Offline Sithbaker

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Krackbrick Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 28, 2005, 10:54 AM »
I find guys that know about this stuff very attractive... I'm just a blonde and sometimes it takes me a while to put the whole saga together but maybe you can coach me?

Show me how to use the force!

Please share my fantasy with me!  I can be Leia and maybe you can be my Han Solo, Darth Vader, or even Luke Skywalker (I know Luke is Leia's brother and everything, but I won't tell anyone if you won't.) And if we really wanted to make it fun maybe you could be Chewbacca!

LOL!  ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for that link, I got a good laugh out of it!

Adam

Offline Andy_R

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 28, 2005, 11:52 AM »
You have got to be ******* kidding me!

Custom Vintage Star Wars Droids Brazil Glasslite Vlix

Thats just ridiculous.

:-[ I was watching this, but the guy ended the auction early. Vlix

The seller claimed he sold it for $1400.
Either he's an idiot for selling it at such a low price, or he's a scammer and he doesn't even have the item (pic looks stolen). 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 28, 2005, 12:23 PM »
Because of this thread, I randomly went onto ebay yesterday just to poke around. I don't have any carded vintage and, but plan to start when I have better cash flow. Anyway, sorry to not have the link, but I found a 12 back stormtrooper with a BIN for $50. It was in decent shape with rough edges, but in a case they would have flatted out. I seriously must have missed it by 30 seconds because it was just listed and already bought. :'(

Turns out, a guy was getting rid of some of his carded stuff and was listing a new one every 15 - 20 minutes. I kept refreshing, but I couldn't get any, as soon as they got listeded, someone was able to buy it before I could click on it. It was like trying to win tickets on a radio station. Among what he listed was a 12 back Leia in excellent shape for $110 BIN, Lobot, an At-At driver and Teebo for $50 BIN each and an Ugnaught in excellent shape for $30 BIN. Some day, I will get good deals like this.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 12:25 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 28, 2005, 12:50 PM »
Because of this thread, I randomly went onto ebay yesterday just to poke around. I don't have any carded vintage and, but plan to start when I have better cash flow. Anyway, sorry to not have the link, but I found a 12 back stormtrooper with a BIN for $50. It was in decent shape with rough edges, but in a case they would have flatted out. I seriously must have missed it by 30 seconds because it was just listed and already bought. :'(

Turns out, a guy was getting rid of some of his carded stuff and was listing a new one every 15 - 20 minutes. I kept refreshing, but I couldn't get any, as soon as they got listeded, someone was able to buy it before I could click on it. It was like trying to win tickets on a radio station. Among what he listed was a 12 back Leia in excellent shape for $110 BIN, Lobot, an At-At driver and Teebo for $50 BIN each and an Ugnaught in excellent shape for $30 BIN. Some day, I will get good deals like this.

Eeeeeeeeeeeek!  I just went looking in completed auctions. The Ugnaught went for $29. Stormtrooper for $49. Jawa for $30. by the same bidder. The Leia, Dengar, Chirpa, AT-AT Driver and Lobot auctions were ended by the seller. "The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale".

I would not be surprised if the bidder contacted the seller and made a deal for them all.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #305 on: June 28, 2005, 03:13 PM »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 28, 2005, 08:31 PM »

Eeeeeeeeeeeek!  I just went looking in completed auctions. The Ugnaught went for $29. Stormtrooper for $49. Jawa for $30. by the same bidder. The Leia, Dengar, Chirpa, AT-AT Driver and Lobot auctions were ended by the seller. "The seller ended this listing early because the item is no longer available for sale".

I would not be surprised if the bidder contacted the seller and made a deal for them all.

How about that Stormtrooper though? Not bad, huh?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 29, 2005, 05:21 AM »
How about that Stormtrooper though? Not bad, huh?

Not too shabby for $49. Damn he's white.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 29, 2005, 12:50 PM »
I can get a carded Barada cheaper than what he wants for his loose one!  ::)

ULTRA RARE 1985 LAST 17 BARADA SKIFF GUARD PERFECT C.10

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 1, 2005, 08:22 PM »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 1, 2005, 08:26 PM »
Vintage Star Wars Vader 12 back (unpunched)! Nice!

WOW!! I have been told that this 12 back Vader looks like a version A!!  If this is true this 12 back Vader may have the Double Telescoping Light Saber (selling for $3000. ) Well just wanted to tell you collectors , but I am still leaving it for the high bidder to take advantage of this , if in fact it is a truely RARE Long Saber Vader!! Good Luck!! Please do not ask me about this Vader , I was NOT aware it existed!!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 1, 2005, 08:33 PM »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 1, 2005, 08:36 PM »

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 5, 2005, 11:09 PM »
This might be old news, but it's the first time I've seen this type of AFA looniness- how utterly retarded. ::)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50271&item=5985779062&rd=1

Wonder if those guys at AFA grade their own asses?
« Last Edit: July 5, 2005, 11:10 PM by Bob Crane »
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Gregorbian

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I gotta get to Buckethead's Toy Store!
    • View Profile
    • Gregorbian's Photobucket
« Reply #314 on: July 5, 2005, 11:16 PM »
This might be old news, but it's the first time I've seen this type of AFA looniness- how utterly retarded. ::)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50271&item=5985779062&rd=1

Wonder if those guys at AFA grade their own asses?

Is something wrong with that Vader?  I'm not up to speed on vintage stuff at all (I stopped buying vintage around '94-'95), but it looks fine to me...
The scariest thing that I've ever seen,
Is the terrible AT-AT walking machine.
It's as big as a house on walking legs,
and whatever it steps on it crushes like eggs.