Author Topic: Wow - Vintage eBay Auctions  (Read 240978 times)

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: Wow - Vintage eBay Auctions
« Reply #915 on: March 10, 2014, 08:53 PM »
Yeah, some of those just look terrible as far as the paint jobs, eesh. I've seen better efforts out there for less.
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 18, 2014, 10:38 AM »
For $11,000 you would think the guy would spring for free shipping. Gosh, I could just put some marker on the bottom of mine, card it and print out a cert of authentication and buy a new car.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 19, 2014, 05:12 PM »
$11000?!  It's at $15,600 now.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 19, 2014, 09:44 PM »
 $19,100.00 & 2 days to go!

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 19, 2014, 10:43 PM »
Why do I feel like it's Steve Sansweet bidding against Seth Green for this thing, LOL.

Who else could afford this?!?!
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 19, 2014, 10:43 PM »
So does anyone more knowledgeable know if these are reasonable prices for that piece or if it's getting run up so high that it's likely to end up going to a deadbeat bidder?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 20, 2014, 09:45 AM »
1.5 days to go & sitting at 23,100.00. Chaa!

Tracey Hamilton over at the otherR site completed a loose set minus a few accessories. One hell of a set to complete & if you read down, James Gallo mentions who has what sets & what is missing.  Unproduced Droids and Ewoks  Even in Gus's prototype room, they are an awesome site to behold as well as everything else.

This salesman sample is graded by the AFA & being 1 of 1 known, who bloody know's what it will command. As a guess, would not surprise me if it tops $40k.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 20, 2014, 12:11 PM »
This is crazy.  I'm about to buy a new car and it's going to cost me a few hundred dollars less than this figure is about to cost (and probably thousands less once it's over).

That set of unproduced Droids and Ewoks is amazing though... any idea roughly how much a set like that costs to put together?  I'm assuming they're all real?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 20, 2014, 12:54 PM »
Real Rob... very real. As for a price putting a set together, ya better win the lottery. Best guess.. errrrr 250k give or take.. prolly the latter. Vintage has gone up a tad now & with proto's/pre-production stuff prolly commanding more.

Have a read & check out the links in this thread. Some amazing stuff in the past auction links from 2011.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 20, 2014, 02:22 PM »
This is crazy.  I'm about to buy a new car and it's going to cost me a few hundred dollars less than this figure is about to cost (and probably thousands less once it's over).

That set of unproduced Droids and Ewoks is amazing though... any idea roughly how much a set like that costs to put together?  I'm assuming they're all real?

Better up the price of your car.  Its past $30k now with over a day to go.  That's nuts.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 20, 2014, 03:02 PM »
Real Rob... very real. As for a price putting a set together, ya better win the lottery. Best guess.. errrrr 250k give or take.. prolly the latter. Vintage has gone up a tad now & with proto's/pre-production stuff prolly commanding more.

Have a read & check out the links in this thread. Some amazing stuff in the past auction links from 2011.

$250K for a loose set like that?  They're really selling for an average of $15k each!?

Incredible.

Better up the price of your car.  Its past $30k now with over a day to go.  That's nuts.

Yeah, no.  This is fun to watch.  It'd be nice to have that kind of disposable income, but I feel like I'm pissing money away when I buy a collectible that costs $250, forget $25k.

Offline solrac

• Jedi Padawan
  • fett-ish
    • View Profile
    • bounties
« Reply #927 on: June 20, 2014, 03:38 PM »
If there are only two carded samples then this should be Gus's since his is the one without a printed back. The other one's coin fell into the figures bubble and has a printed back.
He's no good to me open

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #928 on: June 20, 2014, 07:08 PM »
THats pretty awesome. $30,000.00 is nothing compared to my student debt  ;D ::) :-\
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 21, 2014, 09:47 PM »
It has ended at a whopping $50,099.00.  Not bad for an auction which had a bin before of 25k! Oy!