Author Topic: College Football 2004-2005  (Read 21846 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: College Football 2004-2005
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2004, 09:01 AM »
Gophers kicked Northwestern's ass on Saturday, dominated on the ground yet again...2 weeks until Michigan and the biggest game of the year!

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2004, 08:57 PM »
maybe a USC-Minnesota Rose Bowl will happen...I doubt a UCLA-Minnesota one won't be happen ing this year

Well, they will need two tough victories on the road at Michigan and Wisconsin for that to happen.  I'm looking forward to the Michigan game as we have tickets for that one unless I can trade them for two more Michigan vs. Michigan State game (which is always the best football game-college or pro-for me).
Beth

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2004, 10:54 PM »
I know...there are four games that worry me, Michigan, Michigan St, Iowa and Wisconsin

They have the best shot in years though of getting through the middle part and having two huge games at the end against a down Iowa and overrated Badger squad...they could very well run the table with the way their Offense is playing right now...or they might lay an egg like the did last year when they blew the Michigan game and that carried over to Michigan St...

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2004, 08:10 PM »
I know...there are four games that worry me, Michigan, Michigan St, Iowa and Wisconsin

They have the best shot in years though of getting through the middle part and having two huge games at the end against a down Iowa and overrated Badger squad...they could very well run the table with the way their Offense is playing right now...or they might lay an egg like the did last year when they blew the Michigan game and that carried over to Michigan St...

It's Iowa that can throw a wrench in to things, that's for sure.  State better be on their toes this weekend or you won't have to worry about them - I liked what I saw in Stanton last week though, so the Spartans just might give the Hawkeye's a run for thier money (and it wouldn't hurt Drew Tate fumbling again a few times ;)).
« Last Edit: September 29, 2004, 09:35 PM by jadesfire »
Beth

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2004, 08:48 PM »
Bleh! All this non SEC talk! Its all trite!

Looks like Pinkins (main QB) isn't going to be getting much playing time at Alabama on Saturday, since he's pretty much sucked donkey kong ever play since that fumble with Georgia...

- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #65 on: October 2, 2004, 11:26 PM »
5-0 Baby!  Headed to Ann Arbor for a rematch of last year's game.  That night was about the most pissed off I had ever been, lets hope next Saturday is not a repeat

M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A
MINNESOTA
MINNESOTA
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
GOPHERS!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #66 on: October 2, 2004, 11:33 PM »
PS Go Northwestern!

Oct 9 at Michigan
Oct 16 at Michigan State
Oct 23 vs Illinois 
Oct 30 at Indiana
Nov 6 at Wisconsin
Nov 13 vs Iowa

Man, they get past Michigan and they have a serious, serious shot at the Rose Bowl.  That is one of my lifelong dreams.  Being a New Year's Baby, every year my Birthday is usually spent watching College Football with my family.  How special and neat would it be to mooch off of Colman and go to the Rose Bowl and watch my alma mater in a bowl game that actually matters

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 3, 2004, 11:00 AM »
Well, I'll start with MSU, nice and short=they sucked.  I just knew the Hawkeye's would dominate that game.  Yah, two touchdowns that were ruled non-catches (and good calls I might add) but State just didn't have their act together and deserved the outcome.

Michigan was looking forward to Minnesota in the first half and forgot they needed to get passed Indy.  I knew they'd come out the second half and blow past them after a good ass chewing and I was right. 

I can't WAIT to go to next weeks game.  I doubt I will trade these tickets for the MSU vs. U of M game since I don't care if my kids are coming or not (hey, a Mom's gotta look after herself once in awhile ;)).  I'll be thinking of you Scott and will only find a little comfort if the Wolverine's blow it just because you'd have a great birthday (and pick on Matt at the same time).
Beth

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 3, 2004, 09:42 PM »
Eat it Brad, 20-3 CAROLINA!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

2 more wins till bowl....
« Last Edit: October 3, 2004, 09:46 PM by Vator »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #69 on: October 3, 2004, 10:08 PM »
The Minnesota Golden Gophers are ranked #13 in the country...that's not a typo ;D

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 3, 2004, 10:29 PM »
Nice to see the Gators were able to hold on and win yesterday...  ::)

Of course were it not for the ref's screw up they'd be undefeated still...

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 4, 2004, 08:18 PM »
EDIT: We're # 25 in the country!!!!!!

GO COCKS!
« Last Edit: October 4, 2004, 08:20 PM by Vator »

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #72 on: October 4, 2004, 08:37 PM »
'Cocks suck, and so does Alabama - I garauntee the Crimson Tide's coaching staff is completely whiped out after this season. This is ridiculous. The fact that our quarterback(s) suck isn't a big deal - Alabama is a running team, all the QB really needs to do is hand-off.

Bring back Curry... the guy was the best coach we've had since Paul Bryant.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 4, 2004, 09:45 PM »
Pha! Loser talk!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #74 on: October 8, 2004, 11:21 AM »

Hopefully the Little Brown Jug will be back in Minnesota for the first time since the Reagan Administration!  Go Gophers!  I want to go live with Colman for a while in January!!!!!!

History of the LBJ

The greatest thing would be to hold the Governer's Bell, the LBJ, Floyd of Rosedale and the Axe all at the same time!!!