Author Topic: Episode III line....April 2nd, 2005  (Read 32890 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Episode III line....April 2nd, 2005
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2004, 06:34 PM »
Yeah. Best course of action (for me at least) might be to go to the midnite madness sale and just get clones. I did that around the Episode 2 midnite sale. Well, not only clones, but I think I grabbed an extra case of the red clone trooper that was available that night.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2004, 07:02 PM »
My plan so far is to snag about 4 - 6 Clones and a Palpy. The Clones will definately be the fast sellers of the line, unless they are mass produced, or Hasbro ships cases of Clones only. Yeah, that'll happen.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2004, 03:17 AM »
Well, my plan is to get one of every main character, and probably 2 of Emperor Palpatine.  The ony figure I might pass on is the Super Battle Droid...

For other army builders though, I'll try and get about 10 Clone Troopers that first night/day, and if they have a regular Battle Droid and Wookie Warrior, then about 5 or 6 of each of those.  And a coupe of the Grievious bodyguard.

So, anyway, I think there are going to be around 29 regular figures the first night.  Include some army builders, and that will probably mean I am getting somewhere in the ballpark of 45-50 regular figures the first night if I can.  That could be around $300.00 in regular figures alone...

Cinema Scenes I believe will be in the mix - around 3 or 4 of them.  There's another $80.00 maybe...

Then, count in the Deluxe figures.  At about $10 a pop, and I think there is supposed to be around 5 of them, well that's another $50.00 or so...

Vehicles?  Who knows for sure, but I'm sure there will be anywhere from 2-4 vehicles - that could be up to $100.00...

Playsets - doubt we'll see too much, but to be safe there, I'll add another $50.00 to my estimate....

Well, that puts me at around $500.00 - 600.00 the first night alone... oh God...

:P

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2004, 10:43 AM »
Not a fan of the Super Battle Droid? I think it looks great in comparison to the Super Happy Meal Droid from SAGA.

Anyway CHEWIE has made me realize how expensive this is going to be...then Celebration III and the subsequent waves...dear lord, what have I created? WHAT HAVE I BECOME?!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2004, 12:50 PM »
Not a fan of the Super Battle Droid? I think it looks great in comparison to the Super Happy Meal Droid from SAGA.

Anyway CHEWIE has made me realize how expensive this is going to be...then Celebration III and the subsequent waves...dear lord, what have I created? WHAT HAVE I BECOME?!

I ask myself this every time I get a figure. I look at the prices, and my whole collection, and I ask..."What have I become? What have I unleashed!"

Kevin :P
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2004, 01:18 PM »

Well, I don't think the SBD will suck, but I think it might be a rehash of the deluxe version that came with Yoda.  We'll see... I have about 20 or so of the SAGA/CLONE WARS version(s), so I don't know how many more I really need.  I'll probably pick up a couple of the ROTS one though.

Yeah, this is going to be VERY EXPEN$IVE!!   :o

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2004, 03:57 PM »
I'm going to buy very little, at least initially.  I'll also be avoiding the SBD, as well as figures I just don't need another of, like R2 or Chewie.  Maybe Yoda too, depending on how different he is from the others.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2004, 05:02 PM »
Do any of you think we will get a Padme?

Also, I am anxious to see what Shaak Ti, Luminara Unduli and Aayla Secura look like! ;D
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2004, 05:34 PM »
I'm almost positive there will be a Padme in Collection 2.  She's probably not involved in much action because of her pregnancy, which likely explains her absence from collection 1.  But who knows. 

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2004, 12:28 AM »
I'm hoping to see a Padme with the hair buns on the first night of figures - anything would probably be better than the terrible EP2 Arena Padme we got last time!  That figure makes me want to barf  :-X

I'm looking forward to seeing some more Jedi too - looks like all we've seen so far are the main Jedi and not any background ones.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2004, 08:34 PM »
It's tough for me because I need to watch what I spend.  So, most likely I will be going for the main characters like Anakin, Palpatine, Vader, Chewie.  I will most likely leave behind SBD, R2-D2, Tion Meddon, maybe even Mace.   Unfortunately I won't be able to afford vehicles which is really going to be upsetting, but that's the way life goes. 

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 6, 2004, 03:58 PM »
Action-Figure.com has an article up detailing the Star Wars offerings from Hasbro in 2005.  Much of it is stuff we have heard before, some new details here and there.  I'm wondering exactly what the "Attacktix Deluxe Battle Masters" line is, as well as the accompanying case/playset things.  There is also mention of the 500th Vader (meditation chamber) figure.  Anyways, more details at the linky above.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 6, 2004, 04:05 PM »
Did you all see the Evolutions line near the bottom?  I was wondering if they would do something like that and apparently theyare.  Basically a 3 pack of good Anakin, bad Anakin, and Vader.  I am wondering who else they will make?  Kenobi?  Palpatine?  Etc?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 6, 2004, 04:13 PM »
Oh yeah, that was another one I wanted to touch on.  I think those Evolution packs could be pretty cool if done right.  Trying to think of characters that span the Saga pretty well....Anakin/Vader, Obi-Wan, Palpatine, 3PO/R2, Clones/Stormtroopers....Yoda and Chewbacca are possibilities, but their appearance doesn't really change all that much I guess.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 6, 2004, 04:41 PM »
I just had a bad thought though.  What if they are just going to throw in repacks again.  You know.  Anakin from the Ep1 line.  Anakin from the Saga line.  That would blow hard.  Hopefully they are all new sculpts. 

Same goes with those 5 packs.  Assuming they are the 3 3/4 scaled figures.