Author Topic: TRU Naboo 4-pack  (Read 14992 times)

SilverZ

Re: TRU Naboo 4-pack
« Reply #15 on: November 1, 2004, 04:07 PM »
Picked this set up today at TRU.

I really like the new paint job on the Kaduu, it looks much better than the Ep1 go-round.  The feathers add a lot to the sculpt too.

Perfect that these are hitting now. Hopefully they'll hit here while the Silver Vader is still around and I can score an opener of that fig as a bonus.

Also glad to hear the paint deco on the Kaadu is improved. I was sorely dissappointed with the E1 version, and the lack of feathers didn't help either. I'm going to need a couple of these sets to open.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2005, 02:55 PM »
Anyone still need this thing?

Star Wars Naboo Final Conflict 4-Pack - $10

I was ordering some stuff from Amazon.com and I noticed it's still in stock over there for only $10, so I added one to my cart.

$10 is a pretty good deal for a new Kaduu, the Ep1 Royal Guard, Gungan Warrior, and a Battle Droid.  3 Army Builders for $10 is a pretty good deal!   ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2005, 08:18 PM »
Pretty sweet - The kaduu and feathers alone is worth the 10 rocks.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 3, 2006, 10:52 AM »
I was pretty amazed that in the end, next to the imperial pack, this was the best 4-pack.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 3, 2006, 09:15 PM »
This is the last 4-pack I need (besides the Imperial Forces one).  Based on the pictures, I'd have to agree it's one of the best looking 4-packs they did.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 3, 2006, 09:51 PM »
Yeah but it's episode I and that stuff sucks.  Gungans indeed ::)  Ewoks begat Gungans and y'all deserve them.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 3, 2006, 10:07 PM »
Ah, c'mon ya grumpy bugger, I think it's the combo of the neat looking Kaadu and the OTC packaging that wins me over. 

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 3, 2006, 10:19 PM »
Nope, TPM toys suck.  Anything remotely Gungan-ish is just sucky-poo.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: January 4, 2006, 01:24 AM »
I'd say the 3 packs worth getting were:

-Imperial Forces
-Hoth
-Naboo

I'd rank Naboo behind Hoth and Impy though.  The Hoth set gave you the droid, the open bellie Taun Taun...  It was just better IMO, and the Imp one was great besides Vader.

The Naboo one had a great droid, I liked the Kaadu too actually and a Gungan Warrior wasn't bad.  I hate that Naboo dude though.  I'd buy dozens of that battledroid if dumbass Hasbro would offer them though, it's a vastly superior figure IMO.  Ya know, cuz it like stands and stuff...  Nothing major, just the common sense things.

Gungans don't suck Brent...  People who like Gungans suck.

J/K  I actually liked the Gungans as a species, I just hated Boss Ass and Jar Jar.  I thought Tarpals and the others were quite believable aquatic aliens.  Had the aforementioned blights been limited in their "humor" and had they spoken an alien language using subtitles instead of the lame voices they had, I think the Gungans could've been really effective story tools as opposed to just tools.

Oh and Ewoks rule, don't you start!  I love 'em! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ithorian Clergy

• Jedi Initiate
  • Straight up rocket scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 4, 2006, 09:04 AM »

Gungans don't suck Brent...  People who like Gungans suck.

Right Jesse, that's one situation where you have to hate the game, not the player.

I'd rank Naboo behind Hoth and Impy though.  The Hoth set gave you the droid, the open bellie Taun Taun...  It was just better IMO, and the Imp one was great besides Vader.

The Hoth pack has gotta get knocked down a notch due to the exclusive price tag.  In the Naboo pack, we got the red naboo security guard which was quite a difficult find, and the gungan warrior which was a decently hard find.

If you vote for me all of your wildest dreams will come true.  Thank you.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 4, 2006, 10:31 AM »
Yeah but it's episode I and that stuff sucks.  Gungans indeed ::)  Ewoks begat Gungans and y'all deserve them.

Agreed. However, given that this pack was army builders, and decent ones at that, functionaly, it was the best concieved one, despite the fact that it was prequel. :P
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."