Author Topic: AustinPOTF's modest collection...  (Read 3634 times)

Offline austinPOTF

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Drive Fast, Walk Slow
AustinPOTF's modest collection...
« on: July 22, 2004, 12:18 AM »
I got started late, around June '99 right after EP1 came out. What began as a trip to TRU to ONLY purchase the Darth Maul and Darth Sidious 3 3/4" figures turned into, well, you know how it goes.  :-[

My five month-old loves to stare at all of the figures lined up in perfect rows. All of the bright colors are eye candy to him and he really enjoys hanging out in Dad's toy room. I honestly can't wait until he's old enough to appreciate what I've assembled. Don't worry, you militant openers, he's got plenty of seconds to play with when the time comes.  ;)

www.waynewmedia.com/starwars

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: AustinPOTF's modest collection...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 02:04 PM »
I gave up carded collecting a while ago but I love seeing how people display their carded collections and your stuff is pretty awesome austinPOTF.  I remember saying the same thing about only getting a Darth Vader and Luke in 1995...oops

Offline austinPOTF

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Drive Fast, Walk Slow
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 10:27 AM »
I gave up carded collecting a while ago but I love seeing how people display their carded collections and your stuff is pretty awesome austinPOTF.  I remember saying the same thing about only getting a Darth Vader and Luke in 1995...oops

Thanks, OCB. I just love staring at the carded product. At the same time, I do enjoy setting up the dioramas with the openers.

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2004, 07:34 PM »
Totally diggin the Danger Girl stuff :)
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline jkno

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 04:32 AM »
you have a wonderful collection!!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 07:30 PM »
yeah, that's a great collection. must have taken a while to get every figure  as nice and straight as you did, especially with leaving all the space in between the figures. what are you using to hold your carded figures to the wall? nails? thumb tacks?

Offline austinPOTF

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Drive Fast, Walk Slow
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 02:33 AM »
yeah, that's a great collection. must have taken a while to get every figure  as nice and straight as you did, especially with leaving all the space in between the figures. what are you using to hold your carded figures to the wall? nails? thumb tacks?

The figures are held by those clear, plastic pushpins. I eyeball everything I hang. Once you get a couple up and straight the rest are easy. I knock 'em out like laying tiles and if someone is handing them to me in an assembly line fashion, I can average one figure every 15 seconds or so. The fun of putting them up is short lived.