Author Topic: Time for some new flip-flops.  (Read 19208 times)

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: Time for some new flip-flops.
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2004, 01:56 PM »
This thread reminds me, I'm thinking about buying some Aqua Socks for every day wear - any recommendations?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2004, 02:05 PM »
WHERE ARE THE FLIP-FLOPS?!?!?! :-\

I picture Virex ripping open the box, sliding into his new flip-flops, and dashing outside to try them out!  He must be running through the yard right now yelling "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" as he puts them through the first work-out.

After all, no review would be complete without a breakdown of comfort level whilst walking and running in them.  That must be the reason for the delay.

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2004, 02:19 PM »

Have YOU ever owned a pair of these???

I think we're even in our footwear weirdness

Dude, those are pretty low.  Snow not get that deep in the south near you?  And -25?  Geez, we don't even wear boots at that temperature, that's spring ::)  Ours are taller, good to -70 C and all white.  Better for hunting polar bears.  Eh.  

flip.  flop.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2004, 05:10 PM »
Ours are taller, good to -70 C and all white.  Better for hunting polar bears.  Eh.  

Like this?

I hear a lot of Winnipeg guys wear these on their Polar Bear hunts...

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2004, 05:11 PM »
That looks like something Canuckians would wear...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2004, 05:12 PM »
I have the flip-flops.

Repeat:

I have the flip-flops.

Initial impressions soon to follow.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2004, 05:20 PM »
I have the flip-flops.

Repeat:

I have the flip-flops.

Initial impressions soon to follow.

How long do you give it before your flip-flops smell like foot cheese?  
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2004, 05:24 PM »

I don't really want to think about that right now.  No--I just kind of want to get to know them a little bit, break them in, acclimate my feet to them, that sort of thing.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2004, 05:36 PM »
Quote from: Force Guy link=board=28;threadid=4853;start=45#msg69486
[quote

Stop foot cheese dead in its tracks and protect your latest investment with:

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2004, 05:37 PM »
This is the kind of closure I look for in threads like this...someone who is willing to let us know if you buy something and eventually if you like it.  I think, for instance, if I was talking about buying and new car...like a Honda Accord, I would start a thread and ask if anyone liked them.  If I eventually buy one I would then bump the thread and let people know that, yes, I did buy a car.  If the the thong is on the other foot and you didn't buy a car, it would be nice to know that too.  

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2004, 09:26 PM »
This is the kind of closure I look for in threads like this...someone who is willing to let us know if you buy something and eventually if you like it.  I think, for instance, if I was talking about buying and new car...like a Honda Accord, I would start a thread and ask if anyone liked them.  If I eventually buy one I would then bump the thread and let people know that, yes, I did buy a car.  If the the thong is on the other foot and you didn't buy a car, it would be nice to know that too.  

So exactly what are you trying to say, Scott?

As for me, as proud as I am of my new green Sanuk Fur-Real flip-flops and of this thread, I'm equally saddened that our resident foot fetish expert, jjks, has yet to comment.

Kind of makes me feel like it was all in vain--like it was all for nothing.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 09:27 PM by Virex »

Offline jjks

• Jedi Padawan
  • Belligerent as hell
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2004, 12:49 AM »
I'm equally saddened that our resident foot fetish expert, jjks, has yet to comment.

Kind of makes me feel like it was all in vain--like it was all for nothing.

I apologize for how long it's taken me to respond to this most beautiful of threads concerning my most favorite of subjects. I just got back from Cali earlier today and have been mourning the loss of our friend Cory from the 'Scum.   :'(

That said, I have no idea how Matt's feet toes got wet...now certain other portions of his ample body, I shall remain silent on.

Back on a foot note, I demand close up pics of Virex sporting those fancy little numbers, and if possible would like to see mustard somehow worked into the scenario...

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2004, 01:22 AM »
[I just got back from Cali earlier today and have been mourning the loss of our friend Cory from the 'Scum.   :'(

I've been on a hunger strike for two days in Cory's honor.  I won't eat until he returns to the Scum - I'll keep everyone posted.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2004, 01:30 AM »
I have high hopes for Fatty's flip-flop thread here based on it's initial flurry of activity, and I think it has the potential to eventually rival the storied and well traveled W & P thread.

Keep it up fellas!  But I'm still waiting to hear about the damned flip-flops though.  Why've you gotta keep us waiting like this Matt?  You freakin' tease.

I'd love to hear about your transportation situation as well some day.  Nothing more annoying than a person who can't follow up on any of his stories...   >:(

In fact, I will be boycotting the flip-flop thread from now on, until your prior "I'm thinking of buying ___" thread is brought to it's proper conclusion.  Might have to say the same for the iPod discussion soon as well, or shall we carry that one on into 2006?   ::)

I'm waiting...

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2004, 01:36 AM »
In fact, I will be boycotting the flip-flop thread from now on, until your prior "I'm thinking of buying ___" thread is brought to it's proper conclusion.  Might have to say the same for the iPod discussion soon as well, or shall we carry that one on into 2006?   ::)

I'm waiting...

Stop harrassing my member